NFL Divisional Round Picks

SATURDAY GAMES

Jacksonville Jaguars (+8.5) at Kansas City Chiefs

This game will be much closer than their last matchup in week 10 of this season. The Jaguars believe and are a much more confident team right now, but the Chiefs will still be too much for them to handle at Arrowhead Stadium. This game could come down to the 4th quarter and I'm picking Patrick Mahommes to hand Trevor Lawrence his first ever Saturday loss. Chiefs 30 Jaguars 23

Weather for the game at Arrowhead Field:
KSHB’s Wes Peery said in a video on the station’s website snow was possible Saturday. "Things are starting to get a little bit interesting for the Chiefs game. There may actually be some accumulating snow that comes during the Chiefs game on Saturday,” Peery said. “That could make things pretty interesting.”

New York Giants (+7.5) at Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles should dominate the time of possession with a solid ground game. Giants D isn't facing Kirk Cousins this week. I could see this game being a one score game at halftime, then the Eagles pull away with the big play from their receivers set up by Philly's ground game. Nice first season for Brian Daboll, who has a good shot at COY. Eagles 31 Giants 20

Weather for the game Lincoln Field: Steven DiMartino, a meteorologist from the private NY NJ PA Weather forecasting company, said, “For those of you going to the Eagles versus Giants playoff game … Look for scattered cloud coverage. No major weather impacts are expected. Winds will generally be from the northwest around 5 to 10 miles per hour. No matter what happens with that game, you won’t be able to blame the weather on it, that is for sure.”

SUNDAY GAMES

Cincinnati Bengals (+5) at Buffalo Bills

Bengals haven't lost a game since week 8. They've needed a little luck along the way, most notably vs the Ravens in the Wild Card last week with that Tyler Huntley fumble at the goal line. In 5 of their 9 straight wins, they've been within a touchdown. They're a battle tested with a lot of resolve. This game really comes down to the turnover battle. I can see the Bills emotionally charged come out swinging leading by double digits after the first quarter, then the Bengals will settle down and pull even with the Bills by halftime. The Bengals are a mentally tough team and I think they win this game by a field goal. Bengals 27 Bills 24

Weather for the game at Highmark Stadium:
 forecast calls for a 70 percent chance of snow during the game with accumulations of less than one inch. The high will reach around 35 degrees with winds of 5-10 miles per hour. Both quarterbacks Joe Burrow and Josh Allen have very good track records in cold-weather games as pros and the Bengals enter this game on a nine-game winning streak. The Bills have won eight in a row.

Dallas Cowboys (+3.5) at San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers have won 11 straight games, and I picked them to go to the Super Bowl. This Cowboys defense will be Purdy's stiffest test thus far in his rookie career. I keep thinking back to the 49ers game vs the Raiders in week 17, and see this 49ers team isn't invincible. The Cowboys offensively can be better than the Seahawks who the 49ers faced last week. I'm going to go out on a limb and call for the Cowboys to upset the 49ers on Sunday night. How 'bout them Cowboys! Cowboys 21 49ers 17

Weather for the game at Levi's Stadium: A high temperature of 57 degrees Fahrenheit, with broken clouds and 4 mph winds, is the forecast for Levi’s Stadium on Sunday (as of 9:26 AM on January 19).

Kansas City is too good and will roll in that game.  The Jax fairy tale ends.

NY Giants stun the Eagles and pull off a major upset.

Buffalo beats Cincy, I think the Bills defense will be the factor.

San Francisco over Dallas, this will be a close nail biter, I think the dallas defense can expose Purdy but Dak will throw it away.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

San Francisco over Dallas, this will be a close nail biter, I think the dallas defense can expose Purdy but Dak will throw it away.

Same way I se it. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think the Ravens were a much stronger defensive test for the Bengals in the Wild Card round than whatever the Bills bring next Sunday in the divisional round. This is the game the Bills needed Von Miller.

Giants are as much a fairy tale this coming weekend as the Jaguars. 

Cowboys over 9'ers.  Yes... Purdy is inexperienced and the Cowboys will put major pressure on him.  That will be the difference.  Also... Of all the teams that played on Wild Card Weekend, the Cowboys were the most complete and by far, showed the most energy.  I'm fairly sure they win. 

Giants over Iggles.   Yes.  Iggles may be sleeping and Giants are jacked and hungry.  Giants coaching is also very capable with game plans.  I see possible  upset here. but dont bet on it.  Iggles better on paper. 

KC over Jags.  I think the Jags will put up a admirable effort, but KC has too much.  

Bengals over Beefalo.  If the Bengals O-Line was not such a disaster, I'd give them the win here with confidence.  In this case, I have to think the Bengals should scrape by.  Not confident about that, though.  I'm guessing Josh Allen will make the mistake and Burrow wont. 

On 1/19/2023 at 2:35 PM, playtowinthegame said:

SATURDAY GAMES

Jacksonville Jaguars (+8.5) at Kansas City Chiefs

This game will be much closer than their last matchup in week 10 of this season. The Jaguars believe and are a much more confident team right now, but the Chiefs will still be too much for them to handle at Arrowhead Stadium. This game could come down to the 4th quarter and I'm picking Patrick Mahommes to hand Trevor Lawrence his first ever Saturday loss. Chiefs 30 Jaguars 23

Weather for the game at Arrowhead Field:
KSHB’s Wes Peery said in a video on the station’s website snow was possible Saturday. "Things are starting to get a little bit interesting for the Chiefs game. There may actually be some accumulating snow that comes during the Chiefs game on Saturday,” Peery said. “That could make things pretty interesting.”

New York Giants (+7.5) at Philadelphia Eagles

Eagles should dominate the time of possession with a solid ground game. Giants D isn't facing Kirk Cousins this week. I could see this game being a one score game at halftime, then the Eagles pull away with the big play from their receivers set up by Philly's ground game. Nice first season for Brian Daboll, who has a good shot at COY. Eagles 31 Giants 20

Weather for the game Lincoln Field: Steven DiMartino, a meteorologist from the private NY NJ PA Weather forecasting company, said, “For those of you going to the Eagles versus Giants playoff game … Look for scattered cloud coverage. No major weather impacts are expected. Winds will generally be from the northwest around 5 to 10 miles per hour. No matter what happens with that game, you won’t be able to blame the weather on it, that is for sure.”

SUNDAY GAMES

Cincinnati Bengals (+5) at Buffalo Bills

Bengals haven't lost a game since week 8. They've needed a little luck along the way, most notably vs the Ravens in the Wild Card last week with that Tyler Huntley fumble at the goal line. In 5 of their 9 straight wins, they've been within a touchdown. They're a battle tested with a lot of resolve. This game really comes down to the turnover battle. I can see the Bills emotionally charged come out swinging leading by double digits after the first quarter, then the Bengals will settle down and pull even with the Bills by halftime. The Bengals are a mentally tough team and I think they win this game by a field goal. Bengals 27 Bills 24

Weather for the game at Highmark Stadium:
 forecast calls for a 70 percent chance of snow during the game with accumulations of less than one inch. The high will reach around 35 degrees with winds of 5-10 miles per hour. Both quarterbacks Joe Burrow and Josh Allen have very good track records in cold-weather games as pros and the Bengals enter this game on a nine-game winning streak. The Bills have won eight in a row.

Dallas Cowboys (+3.5) at San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers have won 11 straight games, and I picked them to go to the Super Bowl. This Cowboys defense will be Purdy's stiffest test thus far in his rookie career. I keep thinking back to the 49ers game vs the Raiders in week 17, and see this 49ers team isn't invincible. The Cowboys offensively can be better than the Seahawks who the 49ers faced last week. I'm going to go out on a limb and call for the Cowboys to upset the 49ers on Sunday night. How 'bout them Cowboys! Cowboys 21 49ers 17

Weather for the game at Levi's Stadium: A high temperature of 57 degrees Fahrenheit, with broken clouds and 4 mph winds, is the forecast for Levi’s Stadium on Sunday (as of 9:26 AM on January 19).

I agree with the exception of the Dallas game.  The 49ers will win in a close game.  Defense wins championships!

Jaguars +9.5 -- I think it's a high scoring shootout, I'll take the points.

Giants +8 -- I think the Eagles peaked too early and Hurts isn't healthy. I think the Giants have a shot to win outright but I love them to cover.

Bills -6 -- I think the Bills were looking ahead to this game last week when they looked "meh" against the Fins. I think the place is emotional with Hamlin in the house and the Bills are locked in. Bengals down two key o-lineman -- I think Bills win this going away.

9ers -4 -- Cowboys continue to be overrated. 49ers roll here, Dak throws multiple picks.

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Jaguars +9.5 -- I think it's a high scoring shootout, I'll take the points.

Giants +8 -- I think the Eagles peaked too early and Hurts isn't healthy. I think the Giants have a shot to win outright but I love them to cover.

Bills -6 -- I think the Bills were looking ahead to this game last week when they looked "meh" against the Fins. I think the place is emotional with Hamlin in the house and the Bills are locked in. Bengals down two key o-lineman -- I think Bills win this going away.

9ers -4 -- Cowboys continue to be overrated. 49ers roll here, Dak throws multiple picks.

Bills barely beat the "suck" Dolphins with a "7th round rookie" starting at QB. They couldn't have been looking ahead to the Bengals game, because the Bengals had yet to play the Ravens that Sunday Night. I think the Bills losing Von Miller hurt their defense tremendously. It will come back to bite them if not tomorrow in the Conference Championship game.