Bilal Powell (former Jet) recruiting Ravens QB Jackson

46 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

Powell went to Louisville so maybe they friends 

Why does everyone want Lamar... He was a great QB but has been hurt the last 2 years... He is a run first QB that is prone to injury and will cost the Jets 2 first rounders and a huge 40+ a year contract that will kill the possibility of fixing the other glaring holes on defense (LBs and Safeties) and OL and TE on offense. 

He would be great as a home grown guy they build around but as a FA liability seeking a top 3 contract... That would also cost the Jets 2 first rounders on a franchise tag... Jesus... Not sure about that. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Why does everyone want Lamar... He was a great QB but has been hurt the last 2 years... He is a run first QB that is prone to injury and will cost the Jets 2 first rounders and a huge 40+ a year contract that will kill the possibility of fixing the other glaring holes on defense (LBs and Safeties) and OL and TE on offense. 

He would be great as a home grown guy they build around but as a FA liability seeking a top 3 contract... That would also cost the Jets 2 first rounders on a franchise tag... Jesus... Not sure about that. 

I agree that the cost to acquire (and sign) + the injury history is why I don't like it.

But I can't deny that Lamar + Breece + G Wilson and this defense does feel like a contender - on paper at least. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I agree that the cost to acquire (and sign) + the injury history is why I don't like it.

But I can't deny that Lamar + Breece + G Wilson and this defense does feel like a contender - on paper at least. 

Maybe... If Lamar and Breece stay healthy... Just doesn't seem like the right move. 

50 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Take a look at all the success he’s had in the postseason. How could you not want to give up the farm for that?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Because we have fielded quarterbacks that would struggle to be backups at Don Bosco and Lamar has been a league MVP, can run and pass, and is only 26 years old. 

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

So because you are frustrated... Terrible Reason

Is that what you took away from that? You might want to work on your reading comprehension. Who do you want to roll with? I am sure they are a better option that Lamar Jackson, former league MVP in his mid twenties. But I am also pretty sure you'll avoid the question. Why? Slow.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

Is that what you took away from that? You might want to work on your reading comprehension. Who do you want to roll with? I am sure they are a better option that Lamar Jackson, former league MVP in his mid twenties. But I am also pretty sure you'll avoid the question. Why? Slow.

Don't get mad and start name calling... Yes he Was an MVP and hasn't been healthy since... Is not a great pocket passer yet that's what he wants to do... 

Sure he is young but he will cost at least 2 firsts if franchise tagged... And 40+a year for a running qb... That again doesn't want to run. 

Hard pass.. Sure I want a QB that can play too... But Lamar is not the answer. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Because we have fielded quarterbacks that would struggle to be backups at Don Bosco and Lamar has been a league MVP, can run and pass, and is only 26 years old. 

25 minutes ago, pointman said:

Is that what you took away from that?

Yes

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

In his injured 2 years they’d be the best seasons a NYJ qb has had since 2019.

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

Take a look at all the success he’s had in the postseason. How could you not want to give up the farm for that?

This team hasn’t made the playoffs in 13 years and we’re gonna say no to a guy who’s been there every year of his career? 

• More Ugh 1

44 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Don't get mad and start name calling... Yes he Was an MVP and hasn't been healthy since... Is not a great pocket passer yet that's what he wants to do... 

Sure he is young but he will cost at least 2 firsts if franchise tagged... And 40+a year for a running qb... That again doesn't want to run. 

Hard pass.. Sure I want a QB that can play too... But Lamar is not the answer. 

I am sorry if you felt hurt by the joking words on a forum on the internet. I hope you will be ok. And as I predicted, no name of your preferred QB. 

• Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

No you speak like a condescending prick on an internet forum who has nothing to add but say Lamar Jackson is good....

But words are so hurtful. I thought you didn't want that. You are easily upset. Its a flaw you should work on. Internet forum for discussion, yet you offer none. You just hate Lamar and offer no alternative. I know. I asked. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I am sorry if you felt hurt by the joking words on a forum on the internet. I hope you will be ok. And as I predicted, no name of your preferred QB. 

You’re neg repping everyone for not agreeing with and being 100% in on LJ and then come back crying about hurt feelings?

LOL, OK

And there are other QBs besides the guy you would overpay for.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re neg repping everyone for not agreeing with and being 100% in on LJ and then come back crying about hurt feelings?

LOL, OK

Who? Carr? Tannehill? Brisset? Ppl acting like Jackson would be the best qb available is wild. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, OK

Nah. You kids are neg repping every post of mine. I neg rep the ones I think make you sound stupid that I disagree with. Remember, its you two clowns doing the neg repping on everything. I'm not soft like you two so it doesn't hurt my feelings. Clearly, you are upset at getting negged though. Sorry.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Who? Carr? Tannehill? Brisset? Ppl acting like Jackson would be the best qb available is wild. 

Given the cost differential along with his health concerns, which are real, Carr, Baker, Jameis all might be preferable and a lot cheaper alternatives.  He’s going to coat a whole lot more than Carr both in salary and trade assets, if any.  
A lot to give up for QB who isn’t a passer first and isn’t all that clutch

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Nah. You kids are neg repping every post of mine. I neg rep the ones I think make you sound stupid that I disagree with. Remember, its you two clowns doing the neg repping on everything. I'm not soft like you two so it doesn't hurt my feelings. Clearly, you are upset at getting negged though. Sorry.

Take a look, you neg repped me, not the other way.  
Whatever makes you feel good.  I’m just a clown and you’re soft and have vag like feelings and don’t feel like a man neg repping everyone who disagrees with me.  You need to get a real life

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Given the cost differential along with his health concerns, which are real, Carr, Baker, Jameis all might be preferable and a lot cheaper alternatives.  He’s going to coat a whole lot more than Carr both in salary and trade assets, if any.  
A lot to give up for QB who isn’t a passer first and isn’t all that clutch

if this team goes into the season with Jameis or Baker Jesus Christ. Carr I wouldn't mind but would have huge expectations., 63-79 as a starter isn't very clutch. 

if this team goes into the season with Jameis or Baker Jesus Christ. Carr I wouldn't mind but would have huge expectations., 63-79 as a starter isn't very clutch. 
Kinda with you. .. it's gotta be Carr or one of the two Fantasies .. Rodgers or Brady.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk