RIP DAVID CROSBY. A VOICE OF A GENERATION

CSNY

6 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Two time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer David Crosby has passed away. 
RIP Croz and thank you for all the legendary songs you amassed over a storied career

Personally this one hits hard.

One of the most influential people (that I didn't know personally) in my life.  ******* devastated.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Thats awful. Heard he was a major ass in real life but no denying the talent.

thats when music was crazy good. 

That he was but man he had the Voice of an Angel. Great legendary musician 

• Upvote 1

Wow so sad. Was really moved when Bowie passed. Now David Crosby. Was fortunate to see him play numerous times.  Amazing musician. One of my all time favorite groups. Spent many dreamy days listening to CSNY's angelic melodies.  A huge part of my adolescence that made me grow up and made me a better person.  RIP dear friend. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Wow so sad. Was really moved when Bowie passed. Now David Crosby. Was fortunate to see him play numerous times.  Amazing musician. One of my all time favorite groups. Spent many dreamy days listening to CSNY's angelic melodies.  A huge part of my adolescence that made me grow up and made me a better person.  RIP dear friend. 

2 hours ago, CSNY said:

Review of the first concert I ever took my Daughter too. She was a mere tyke of 7 years old. 

9A8F163A-14F8-42DF-B64A-65D77401AD99.jpeg

Some of the best harmonies you'll ever hear in music.  I believe he was the sperm donor to Melissa Etheridge?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Some of the best harmonies you'll ever hear in music.  I believe he was the sperm donor to Melissa Etheridge?

My opinion is definitely biased CPA but yes their harmonies were remarkable, unmistakable & unmatched Nothing they couldn’t do from ballads, to rock and roll. As a group Collectively or playing Individually they are Truly some of the most influential musicians to ever come around  

Yes he was 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

My opinion is definitely biased CPA but yes their harmonies were remarkable, unmistakable & unmatched Nothing they couldn’t do from ballads, to rock and roll. As a group Collectively or playing Individually they are Truly some of the most influential musicians to ever come around  

Yes he was 

At Jones Beach, they played The WHO’s Who Are You - I believe- or one of their classic rock songs - and afterwards, Crosby laughed at the crowd saying ‘Guess you didn’t think we could play like that huh!’ 

There are two fantastic interviews with David Crosby.  Most people have heard the sensational Howard Stern  interview (which I'll post below later) and this one with Dan Rather.  For CSNY fans, this is a must watch. (Crosby is the first interview segment followed by the others).  The 4th segment is them together.  I feel like I just met them all over again.  Sensational interview. @CSNY

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2023 at 8:40 AM, Dcat said:

There are two fantastic interviews with David Crosby.  Most people have heard the sensational Howard Stern  interview (which I'll post below later) and this one with Dan Rather.  For CSNY fans, this is a must watch. (Crosby is the first interview segment followed by the others).  The 4th segment is them together.  I feel like I just met them all over again.  Sensational interview. @CSNY

Thanks “D”. Saw the Rather interview when it first came out I think it was about 10 years ago when they released the live CSN 2012 album which by the way is very good. As I am not a fan of Stern never saw this but will give it a listen ?

30 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Thanks “D”. Saw the Rather interview when it first came out I think it was about 10 years ago when they released the live CSN 2012 album which by the way is very good. As I am not a fan of Stern never saw this but will give it a listen ?

Stern is an entirely different listen when he interviews people.  He's one of the most intense and best interviewers out there and the people he interviews tell us things we never knew.  I've always disliked Stern's vulgar bathroom humor, but as for interviews, hes completely different and there really is no one better.  The Crosby interview is sensational.