Brutal Video - Zach's Ineptitude

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

If only Lil Mikey spent more time w/ him and was nicer to him, he could complete passes to wide open receivers 10 feet away from him...

Exactly

Can’t believe Steve Young actually tried to make this argument 

If a temporary cold shoulder from the OC is enough to send ZW into Chuck Knoblauch choke mode, what is there left to even debate

Obviously, he’a not the guy

Doesn’t even have the mental toughness to overcome a bit of honest criticism in the film room

• Upvote 3

I watched a 2022 lowlights video (not sure it was this one) and was shocked at the number of bad throws in the 1st half of the Steelers game.  The ones that bother me most are the huge amount of times he simply launches one throwing his whole body into it with his right shoulder being all the way upfield and his left shoulder in line behind it.  Most of those throws did not go more than 40 yards.  Those were generally the roll-outs that people thought he was "successful" at.  He has an arm, he should use it.  If I were OC I'd have made him drop back and throw immediately.  3 steps and BOOM.  Even if you pick the wrong guy, at least you should develop some decent habits.

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

If only Lil Mikey spent more time w/ him and was nicer to him, he could complete passes to wide open receivers 10 feet away from him...

sadly this is only a few games from this year... a video of all of these bad throws may be as long as a real game. and im not saying that jokingly.

• Haha 2

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I watched a 2022 lowlights video (not sure it was this one) and was shocked at the number of bad throws in the 1st half of the Steelers game.  The ones that bother me most are the huge amount of times he simply launches one throwing his whole body into it with his right shoulder being all the way upfield and his left shoulder in line behind it.  Most of those throws did not go more than 40 yards.  Those were generally the roll-outs that people thought he was "successful" at.  He has an arm, he should use it.  If I were OC I'd have made him drop back and throw immediately.  3 steps and BOOM.  Even if you pick the wrong guy, at least you should develop some decent habits.

that game was bad, and completely bailed out by the last 9 mins of the 4th quarter, yet no one wants to acknowledge that.

the article that was posted on the board said something to the effect of "MLF wanted Zach to go to first read, then 2nd and if nothing was there to run"  - seems like MLF was on this to a degree if that article is truthful.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is exactly what they did in the Buffalo game, and he actually did a pretty good job with it. I never understood why we went away from that the very next game

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is exactly what they did in the Buffalo game, and he actually did a pretty good job with it. I never understood why we went away from that the very next game

I'm not sure.  If I had to guess  it would be because BB (is a scumbag) is a master at 1.  disguising the D, so Zach would be lost on what his read should be and 2. because the Patriots can often guess the 1st read making them more likely to jump it.

I think the Bills were a physical match up.  We beat the Patriots up and down the field the first game.  Basically seemed like we could practically impose our will.  I'm not sure they were prepared for what a disaster that 2nd game would be and still if it weren't for the punt return they'd have been in OT.

99% of the organization that isn't named Joe Douglas would move on from him in a heartbeat if they could. 

They can't.

At 9.5M, he'll be one of the most expensive backups / 3rd stringers in the league in terms of cap hit.

And he's uncuttable.  Would mean 20.77M in dead cap.

No team on planet Earth would trade for him to be their starter. 

They're stuck with a bad contract for a bad player.

image.png.c63fd376909fcc93db18d5e88f525f69.png

• Upvote 1

It’s tough to defend zwilsons play. He hasn’t played the position very well. But it’s also not like mfw and Flacco were lighting it up either. Sure we all saw better movement from the offense with mfw but the name of the game is to score points and they didn’t do that very well.

no telling who the oc will be. I hope that the guy gives an honest assessment on zwilson and makes sure saleh and Douglas no before they sign another qb.

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

99% of the organization that isn't named Joe Douglas would move on from him in a heartbeat if they could. 

They can't.

At 9.5M, he'll be one of the most expensive backups / 3rd stringers in the league in terms of cap hit.

After watching that video it's fair to wonder what jd is looking at when he scouts qbs 

Imagine they bottom out next year (not hard to do) and they have another high pick.

Why would anyone trust this guy with another bite at the apple?

James Morgan, Joe Flacco, Mike white, Chris Streveler and of course Zach.

There are 14 year olds playing madden on the Playstation that could scout qbs better. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Exactly

Can’t believe Steve Young actually tried to make this argument 

If a temporary cold shoulder from the OC is enough to send ZW into Chuck Knoblauch choke mode, what is there left to even debate

Obviously, he’a not the guy

Doesn’t even have the mental toughness to overcome a bit of honest criticism in the film room

The sad thing is that he's a worse teammate than he is a qb. That whole "I'll make the next guys life hell" thing? If Elijah Moore said it we'd be killing him in the media 

He gets benched and sulks on the sideline like a sith lord 

It's not just that he's a bad qb he's also a terrible person 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

After watching that video it's fair to wonder what jd is looking at when he scouts qbs 

Imagine they bottom out next year (not hard to do) and they have another high pick.

There are 14 year olds playing madden on the Playstation that could scout qbs better. 

Wrong question about Joe. Right question  is what he was eating. Fat guys like us closed our eyes when taking bite of deliciousness. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not sure.  If I had to guess  it would be because BB (is a scumbag) is a master at 1.  disguising the D, so Zach would be lost on what his read should be and 2. because the Patriots can often guess the 1st read making them more likely to jump it.

I think the Bills were a physical match up.  We beat the Patriots up and down the field the first game.  Basically seemed like we could practically impose our will.  I'm not sure they were prepared for what a disaster that 2nd game would be and still if it weren't for the punt return they'd have been in OT.

Probably for NE, but for Detroit they completely got away from it as well

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They can't.

JETS have to hope that whatever OC we bring in can make Zachenberg look good in the preseason to get any type of trade value for him. that's the only way. he's gotta light up preseason and pretty much have a game plan written for that. all 4 plays of it. 

Once they decided Sam wasn't the guy, they really didn't have much to choose from. Zack? Trey? Fields? none of them were hired killers. There doesn't seem to be a Mahomes or a Watson they missed on. Maybe keeping Sam and trading #2 for a boat load might have been the best move amongst not-so-great moves available to them.

It almost doesn't matter which way JoeD went, it wasn't going to be pretty.

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

They can't.

This seems like a strange theory.  Everybody would move on except for Joe Douglas, but they can't move on because of the cost.  How/why do you think that Douglas does not want to move on? 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The sad thing is that he's a worse teammate than he is a qb. That whole "I'll make the next guys life hell" thing? If Elijah Moore said it we'd be killing him in the media 

He gets benched and sulks on the sideline like a sith lord 

It's not just that he's a bad qb he's also a terrible person 

His teammates (excluding his boy friend Berrios) don't like him on a professional level. That much is certain. Starting him again will cause a major upheaval among the players in the Florham Park  building.  It won't be pretty.     Best solution... get an Vet who can withstand injury so that we never have to see Zach i a regular season game again.

• Post of the Week 1

It's not hard to understand how the entire team totally collapsed under the weight of both injuries but even moreso the total loss of morale watching this guy suck eggs in practice every day and thinking is this really our best option to win on Sundays.  Going into this season with Wilson, Flacco and Mike White (who also wasn't looking very good in training camp) is criminal negligence far greater than whiffing on the Wilson pick ever was.  Can't even imagine the looks on faces and back room discussions from both sides of the ball wondering what the hell we were doing.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Once they decided Sam wasn't the guy, they really didn't have much to choose from. Zack? Trey? Fields? none of them were hired killers. There doesn't seem to be a Mahomes or a Watson they missed on. Maybe keeping Sam and trading #2 for a boat load might have been the best move amongst not-so-great moves available to them.

It almost doesn't matter which way JoeD went, it wasn't going to be pretty.

Zach wilson makes Sam Darnold look like Joe Montana 

This video has 7 minutes of bad throws from only 4 games 

It's not as bad as everyone says it's worse 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

His teammates (excluding his boy friend Berrios) don't like him on a professional level. That much is certain. Starting him again will cause a major upheaval among the players in the Florham Park  building.  It won't be pretty.     Best solution... get an Vet who can withstand injury so that we never have to see Zach i a regular season game again.

The players were force fed Zach for 22 starts they are used to it 

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It’s a fair question and one that Woody and Christopher should be asking.

But if Douglas is fired, what then?

Bring back Ron Wolf and Toupee Boy to “consult” and end up with Little Macc?

Or re-hire Korn / Ferry and end up with another Calvin Pryor drafter?

It always feels hopeless.

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

He’s JP Losman/Kellen Clemens — has arm strength and basically nothing else

I can’t defend him. He’s tape is his tape. Sucks cause his release and arm are special. Unfortunately he’s got nothing else. But I also don’t go with a lot of what’s being said about him on these forums. He’s a bad player, don’t know if he’s a bad team mate, person and whatever other things are throw around on here cause he’s bad at football

• Upvote 1

It's not that he is inaccurate when pressured, it's how inaccurate he is when he has time!

Even when he steps into a throw he seems to be pulling back needlessly. His legs move forward as his torso drifts back. It's actually impressive how broken his throwing motion has become.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Dude idk what’s happened to you. Youre over the too negative since u returned.

But my point here is the lowlights video are NOT his highlight video from college.

Zach was the #2-4 qb on EVERYONES board

Zach would NEVER have made it past the first round if the jets passed

So your comments and many other posters comments have the benefit of hindsight. Be fair

Zachs a huge bust. Ok. Sucks but its not like we drafted some unknown dude that may have been an udfa