Jump to content

Jets angry at Rosenblatt?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

What a lame take. What do "fans" have to do with it? 

Well without the fans what does it all matter in the end. The league would not exist at all. If a reporter wants to give fans insight (the real bill payers), then hey let the people paying the bills know. Don't like it move along.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Well without the fans what does it all matter in the end. The league would not exist at all. If a reporter wants to give fans insight (the real bill payers), then hey let the people paying the bills know. Don't like it move along.

The league is getting about $5 billion in TV revenue. Do you think they care if you go to their game or not?

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

When are these people going to realize we pay the bills, without the fans, there is no NFL. MCII should just be happy he is on the team next year. He was bad against quality slot receivers.

You are ASSuming that the NFL gives a sh*t about the fans. They don't. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Well without the fans what does it all matter in the end. The league would not exist at all. If a reporter wants to give fans insight (the real bill payers), then hey let the people paying the bills know. Don't like it move along.

The NFL is a business. The fans pay for entertainment. They are not co-owners. You sound incredibly naive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Neilos said:

Surely TV only pays $5 billion as fans will watch it. Therefore no fans = no $5 billion?

Tell me what scenario the nfl would lose enough fans to make an impact. They've dealt with rapes, murders, sexual assaults, countless DWI's, a coach killed a kid while drunk driving, haven't heard a peep about it. The Michael Vick issue, Ray Rice, Colin Kaepernick. Team relocations.  I could go on and on and on, the Nfl will never lose enough fans for them to really care about what you think no matter what they do.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

When are these people going to realize we pay the bills, without the fans, there is no NFL. MCII should just be happy he is on the team next year. He was bad against quality slot receivers.

A 2nd-year player on a D that kept getting thrown back onto the field too quickly, and tbh there may not be a dozen CBs in the league who aren't bad against quality slot receivers. 

Carter quite visibly isn't on the same level as Sauce or Reed's 2022 levels, which makes him look that much worse in comparison, but there aren't a whole lot who are on that level. It's a passing league with do-not-touch signs on the receivers. That's what made our starting duo so awesome, and others like Revis (or to a lesser degree, Cromartie) at their very best. That, plus a lack of calls against Sauce for getting a little handsy at times.

Also doesn't help his year assessment when his biggest play of the year - and thus far, his only career pick 6 - that would've made the score 17-3 at the time vs NE, was called back for one of JFM's roughing the passer penalties.

He's not an all-pro, but if MC2 was the weakest 50+% snap guy on the team the Jets might still be alive in the playoffs.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You fire a coach and his assistants, you get leaks. You keep running a bad QB out onto the field for political reasons, you get leaks. It’s hiiiiighly likely, based on a close reading of the article, that Saleh, LaFleur, Garrett Wilson, and (I think) Enunwa (who is around the team in a media relations role) were prominent sources. 

Could be, but then iirc Garrett Wilson was one of those who was particularly outspoken about the virtues of teammates not being outspoken to air the team's dirty laundry, back when the Jets news was all about Moore.

In terms of the other possibilities: ex-coaches? Sure. Current HC looking to deflect blame from himself? Sure. But the way it reads it's more likely than not that leaks came from someone of some prominence (not just a practice squad'er) who knows all the drama details behind the scenes.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The league is getting about $5 billion in TV revenue. Do you think they care if you go to their game or not?

That revenue is based on fans watching the games on TV.  

 

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You fire a coach and his assistants, you get leaks. You keep running a bad QB out onto the field for political reasons, you get leaks. It’s hiiiiighly likely, based on a close reading of the article, that Saleh, LaFleur, Garrett Wilson, and (I think) Enunwa (who is around the team in a media relations role) were prominent sources. 

What are these "political" reason for playing Wilson?  Is he a Republican like the owner?  /s

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

Well without the fans what does it all matter in the end. The league would not exist at all. If a reporter wants to give fans insight (the real bill payers), then hey let the people paying the bills know. Don't like it move along.

Reporters aren't giving insight they are selling stories and clicks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be, but then iirc Garrett Wilson was one of those who was particularly outspoken about the virtues of teammates not being outspoken to air the team's dirty laundry, back when the Jets news was all about Moore.

In terms of the other possibilities: ex-coaches? Sure. Current HC looking to deflect blame from himself? Sure. But the way it reads it's more likely than not that leaks came from someone of some prominence (not just a practice squad'er) who knows all the drama details behind the scenes.

I think it is the guy who likes to go on those NFL talk shows, has some off off off off Broadway play, is looking at life after football, and dresses like a big pink bunny rabbit before games.

purely speculation on my part tho.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I think this grass roots movement might get some traction. Have you made fliers yet? 

 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Tell me what scenario the nfl would lose enough fans to make an impact. They've dealt with rapes, murders, sexual assaults, countless DWI's, a coach killed a kid while drunk driving, haven't heard a peep about it. The Michael Vick issue, Ray Rice, Colin Kaepernick. Team relocations.  I could go on and on and on, the Nfl will never lose enough fans for them to really care about what you think no matter what they do.

I don't think enough fans would ever be lost but to say fans aren't important because TV pays big bucks is just a bit wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That revenue is based on fans watching the games on TV.  

 

What are these "political" reason for playing Wilson?  Is he a Republican like the owner?  /s

Political meaning the GM keeps throwing him out there even though he's not even the 3rd best option on the team. He's only doing it to try to save his ass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Neilos said:

 

I don't think enough fans would ever be lost but to say fans aren't important because TV pays big bucks is just a bit wrong.

Fans boycott with their money not their time. Ticket revenue is 1.25% of the revenue teams get annually.  Besides for pure atmosphere do you think the NFL gives a sh*t if fans buy tickets or jerseys? They couldn't care less. As long as your glued to the TV they don't care about anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...