Zach Wilson was often late and goofing off in meetings

Matt39

41 minutes ago, football guy said:

I would agree that both Douglas and Saleh are in over their heads. They probably need a miracle

I didn't expect to hear anything like this from you, of all posters.

I always appreciate all the inside info you give us and your level-headedness in this often reactionary forum. Consequently, to hear this from you scares the bejeebers out of me! 

50d42ba0f9dd9de0707f269d46e61679.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I agree. By no means do I want them gone, but I've seen this story so many times by now. Team is on thin ice and I think this theory that a QB will solve all our issues is misguided. Any number of things can go wrong next year that will result in the team not reaching lofty expectations

There is some truth to this, but I would not call 9-8 and the wild card round "lofty expectations.,"

59 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson partying in a luxury suite and away from the team during a game is not a non story no matter how hard you want to spin it. He’s been given special rules and it’s obviously pissed off the team. Why you’re running cover for him is strange.

It’s because he’s Zach’s dad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I don’t think a 9-8 season would save them minus a deep playoff run. Everyone in the organization is saying there is no mandate and that Douglas/Saleh are here for the long run, but color me skeptical. 

So you think they could be let go after making the playoffs for the first time in 12 years? That would shock me since it could so easily be looked at as progress. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

I agree. By no means do I want them gone, but I've seen this story so many times by now. Team is on thin ice and I think this theory that a QB will solve all our issues is misguided. Any number of things can go wrong next year that will result in the team not reaching lofty expectations

The team proved this year that they can’t handle adversity. Wilson and saleh both had horrible performances against the lions and 4 days later it’s circus night at MetLife during warmups and they didn’t show up to play. There seems to be a huge disconnect between the players and coaches. And The divide amongst the players is troubling.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

If they start out hot again, collapse, and back into the playoffs yes. I think Woody truly believes there is championship-caliber talent on this roster and I think he believes this team should make the playoffs convincingly. I may be wrong that's just my perspective

Then Woody is an idiot.  Then again, I guess we all knew that.

Anybody who thinks Zach Wilson was a film junkie that worked harder than anybody and then watched how he performed on the field, (i.e. trying to hand the ball off on a pass play), if just kidding themselves. He's not a hard worker, that's obvious. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I don’t know how true any of this is probably some of it. Teams usually don’t countenance players being late for meetings so not sure how true that part is esp for a younger player not performing well. Last year we saw pics of Zach hanging out with teammates and heard no stories of anyone hating on him. As for pranks on teammates a lot of guys do that including star players. So for 2023 if Zach comes in with a better attitude and starts improving a lot on the field his distractors on the team might come around. If he throws balls to them instead of behind them things could change fast. 

Who knows if this is true or not.  Just pulling stuff of the net with not verification is not truth these days.

Having said that, if it is true the jets have themselves to blame for making the same mistakes as past regimes and just handing young QB the job with no one to legit make him work for his job and no viable back up plan.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who knows if this is true or not.  Just pulling stuff of the net with not verification is not truth these days.

Having said that, if it is true the jets have themselves to blame for making the same mistakes as past regimes and just handing young QB the job with no one to legit make him work for his job and no viable back up plan.

is this real?

they did everything right withZach, playmakers, new offense, gave him time to heal etc...just didnt work out cause he sucks.

Are people really shocked that a rich, entitled white kid who never had to work hard for much in life is arrogant, lazy and expects to be handed everything?

Steve Young is a close family friend and he said that a coach needs to baby Zach in order to bring the best out of him. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about his family and his feelings of entitlement I'm not sure what will. 

There was a reason Zach Wilson looked extremely uncomfortable and out of place on that stage during that 1st round photo. It's bc he could not relate to a single person on that stage and I'm sure it's the same way in the locker room. Nervous Jets GIF by The Undroppables

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 5

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t care if he’s a jerk or not. I care that the Jets decision makers continually strike out on identifying personality traits pre draft. 

I guess the Jets need a new Myers Briggs expert to make sure the next QB's personality traits mesh with the coaches and teammates.  

If we are judging personalities, better stay far far away from Brady and Rodgers, both of whom are complete a$$hol#s.  

Are we judging football players or choosing Miss Congeniality?  Everything we heard about the kid was that he was dedicated and hard working, so your OP sounds like BS.  The issues with him were about his on the field performance (and not helped with that post game press conference after NE II).