Zach Wilson was often late and goofing off in meetings

Matt39

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who knows if this is true or not.  Just pulling stuff of the net with not verification is not truth these days.

Having said that, if it is true the jets have themselves to blame for making the same mistakes as past regimes and just handing young QB the job with no one to legit make him work for his job and no viable back up plan.

That is NOT the reason he failed.  He failed because he was/is not good enough.  His failure means he is out of a job after two years in the league.  All QBs know they have a limited window to show they deserve to remain starters.  Wilson's window is basically shut.  Having a QB competition that first season would not have provided any additional motivation or learning.  A player does not get to keep one of only 32 starting QB jobs by default.  Wilson was benched 2 or 3 times (depending on what happened in September) in 2022.  He was outplayed by White in 2021 and 2022.  You can continually make this argument and you have for a year and a half, but it's completely baseless. 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

You don’t seem to understand the post you quoted sir.  There isn’t a single credible report that he didn’t put the work in. 

Zach Wilson was historically bad and like most drafted high like him who sucked being a halfasser is part of the collapse

You looking for someone to tell you something that your eyes already showed you. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So you're saying Rapaport is lying and that he was late to meetings and didn't prepare well? 

I definitely have my money on Zach is a slacker and this is just a PR coverup by Rap.

Jets probably promised him first dibs on offseason information and leaks who knows

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

is this real?

they did everything right withZach, playmakers, new offense, gave him time to heal etc...just didnt work out cause he sucks.

What are you talking about?  They did not do it right FOR THE JETS.  He should have sat year one and the team should have had viable strong vet backup Qbing waiting in the wings so that the new guy had to work for his spot and could be replaced or benched if there were issues.

If there is a strong good vet on the team the moment wilson shows up late for a meeting he is benched immediately.  Or the good vet tells him to quit screwing around in meetings.

The jets blew it because they went for the old, stupid out of date mantra of 'you can't have anyone to threaten the new guy!'

Having Joe Flacco as the backup was about as useful as when the Jets had Brunnell as the backup.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

I would agree that both Douglas and Saleh are in over their heads. They probably need a miracle

If their directive is to salvage Zach as so many here claim, then they are the Walking Dead.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

If their directive is to salvage Zach as so many here claim, then they are the Walking Dead.

JD and Saleh know Zach Wilson sucks donkey balls, that’s why JD got so mad at @kevinc855 the truth hurts 

The Jets benched Zach for a QB who throws forward passes like he’s tossing cans of paint.

No way Zach Wilson ever plays another snap for this team 

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

It is just Belichick spreading rumors to scare away potential OC's prospects from Jets so he has better choices for himself

What’s really going to scare away OCs is Saleh mentioning the name Zach Wilson during the interviews 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

It is just Belichick spreading rumors to scare away potential OC's prospects from Jets so he has better choices for himself

Even for a genius that’s too sinister. Unfortunately it’s just Schultz making something up. He does this all the time. Glad he finally got exposed for it 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Zach Wilson was historically bad and like most drafted high like him who sucked being a halfasser is part of the collapse

You looking for someone to tell you something that your eyes already showed you. 

He’s bad at footballing yes. You’re making assumptions and generalizations and projecting things onto him that are not true. 

44 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I definitely have my money on Zach is a slacker and this is just a PR coverup by Rap.

Jets probably promised him first dibs on offseason information and leaks who knows

I would bet you on your life savings. Let me know what form of proof is adequate and I’ll happily find a way to provide it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I own a huge old bridge in Brooklyn, are you interested in making a purchase? 

I feel bad for you though you had delusional fantasies of Zach throwing passes to Denzil mims, poor child 

So the people who are taking in facts based on credible sources are gullible, but you just know. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

He doesn't even drink dude lol

Gotta try harder than this 

People thinking they have any clue about who these players really are as people is exactly what is wrong with this fan base. They just want bits to fit their narrative so they can trash players that didn't perform well. Best and worst fan base in football IMO.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

People thinking they have any clue about who these players really are as people is exactly what is wrong with this fan base. They just want bits to fit their narrative so they can trash players that didn't perform well. Best and worst fan base in football IMO.

We are no different than any other fan base.  Maybe a little bit angrier because our team has struggled more over the last decade than anyone else.

• Upvote 1

Just now, football guy said:

I wonder if his teammates and other staffers that the Jets conviently put in the booth with him were “partying” too. Or, maybe they were celebrating a game winning drive led by their teammate? 

lol just give up on this god awful take

Who was in the booth? Uzomah? Lol