http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2389547

The New York Jets beat out two of Andre Dyson's former teams -- the Tennessee Titans and the Seattle Seahawks -- and reached an agreement with the cornerbackl on a five-year, $11.5 million deal, including $3 million in signing and roster bonuses.

Andre Dyson

Cornerback

Seattle Seahawks

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

21 20 1 1 0 1

Dyson will replace Ty Law as one of the Jets' starting corners.

By going to the Jets, Dyson will end up making more money than he would have had he stayed with the Seahawks, who released him last month. Dyson was scheduled to make $3 million this season.

Dyson, 26, was drafted by the Titans, and went to the Seahawks prior to the 2005 season. Apparently, he didn't burn any ties with his former teams. Both Seattle and Tennessee were trying to talk Dyson into a lower paying contract to come back and compete for a starting job.

Dyson opted to make a new start with new head coach Eric Mangini and the Jets.

In his five years in the league, Dyson, a graduate of Utah, has 17 interceptions and 69 passes defensed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell how come no one knew about this happening...........although this is a good thing because now the jets might actually address some needs in free agency and use the draft to take care of some offensive needs like penningpuss

great now we can get rid of barrett and start miller and dyson at corner

We have no reason to cut Barrett. He may be inconsistent at times, but he is very solid. He kills physical receivers.

We have no reason to cut Barrett. He may be inconsistent at times, but he is very solid. He kills physical receivers.

Barrett had a good game against Plax in the playoffs.

He is nowhere near very solid. Maybe Mangini can turn that around. I'd like to see Miller unseat him though.

Awesome move bringing in the guy who we wanted at first last offseason.

Hopefully this means the end of David Barrett's career as a New York Jet or at the very least the end of his career as a starting cornerback for the New York Jets.

But, unfortunately, this means that Justin Miller is not going to be starting and it's going to be Dyson-Barrett at CB and Miller and Strait as the back-up's with maybe Miller now moving to Nickelback...but time will tell.

CUT BARRETT, START MILLER & DYSON

The best thing about this signing is Dyson is still only 26 years old. Our secondary is all young legs back there except Barrett

Barrett's not that old is he? Isn't he 28 or 29? Not too old just yet. I still don't like him however. I agree he isn't terrible and I wouldn't mind him starting at corner if we hadn't of signed Dyson.

You know this is strange.

I have mixed emotions.

I wanna be so happy about this but at the same time I'm really pissed about this and I don't know why.

I love Dyson but I hate that Miller is now going back to the bench.

This **** really did come out of leftfield. I'm so stunned I'm not as pumped as I should be but I know somewhere inside I am! This is ****ing great. I love how this crap happened.

Does anyone else feel blindsided by this move? Thank God we finally have secrecy in JetLand. :)

It's not like you heard from sources that said we were interested or anything. I was not expecting this at all. But I am very happy this worked out.

EDIT: I see a few people feel the same way :)

This is a good move. I was surprised. I feared the combo we had at CB. Now this is one less thing to worry about on draft day.

(Although the list still has every other position on it).

You know this is strange.

I have mixed emotions.

I wanna be so happy about this but at the same time I'm really pissed about this and I don't know why.

I love Dyson but I hate that Miller is now going back to the bench.

Why couldn't both of them be starters? I think ya got a good young pair of corners now, be happy!

Great signing, our defense is starting to take on a nice shape! BTW, I'm not worried about anyone being relegated to the bench because you can never have enough quality cb's, Mangini obviously knows this. GOOD JOB FO!

:cheers:

Does anyone else feel blindsided by this move? Thank God we finally have secrecy in JetLand. :)

It's not like you heard from sources that said we were interested or anything. I was not expecting this at all. But I am very happy this worked out.

EDIT: I see a few people feel the same way :)[/quote

They can keep everything quiet as long as they keep bringing

in some quality players like this.

Really good signing for the Jets. Dyson is a solid corner ++

If Miller was/is ready to start this year, he'll find his way on the field.

Competition is a good thing, and really your top 3 corners will get alot of action anyways. Even if Miller wont start, he wont ride the bench Bj Askew style.

I'd still like to grab Devin Hester with our 3rd comp pick or our 4th rder.

He'll be a GREAT return man - even better than Miller was last year, and he's got some skills to work with at corner.