Dyson a Jet

wildthing2022000

Really good signing for the Jets. Dyson is a solid corner ++

If Miller was/is ready to start this year, he'll find his way on the field.

Competition is a good thing, and really your top 3 corners will get alot of action anyways. Even if Miller wont start, he wont ride the bench Bj Askew style.

I'd still like to grab Devin Hester with our 3rd comp pick or our 4th rder.

He'll be a GREAT return man - even better than Miller was last year, and he's got some skills to work with at corner.

Hester would be a perfect fit as a 5th or 6th CB and KR.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why was Dyson released by Seattle after 1 year??? Money?

Yep. They saved a lot of money by releasing him. I think they knew when they signed him it was just going to be a one year thing, a move to try and push them over the hump.

Yep. They saved a lot of money by releasing him. I think they knew when they signed him it was just going to be a one year thing, a move to try and push them over the hump.

Sounds like the deal we signed him to is geared towards actually being for the long term rather than just 1 or 2 years, I'm happy with that.

Hester has no position. As of now, he is just a return man.

So is Jeremy Bloom, who might also be a home run threat at WR, and he can probably be had a couple rounds later than Hester.

No thank you on first day picks to guys that don't have a position. While we are rebuilding, anyway.

Hester has no position. As of now, he is just a return man.

So is Jeremy Bloom, who might also be a home run threat at WR, and he can probably be had a couple rounds later than Hester.

No thank you on first day picks to guys that don't have a position. While we are rebuilding, anyway.

3rd rd comp pick is the last pick of the 1st day, so there's not much difference. Skyler Green cannot hold Hesters jock as a return man. Living down here in SW FL I watch the cane games, and in Hesters sophmore year he made some nice players at corner, I think he had more interceptions than Antrel Rolle. He's got skills.

Looking at past drafts, how many 3rd rd picks pan out, let alone contribute anything to their teams? At least with Hester you know you get an amazing return man, dante hall like. Teams will crap their pants kicking off to Hester. If there's a better player still on the board, I'd take him over Hester, but we'll see. The draft will be here soon enough.

Hmm.

The same exact thing we did with Ty Law.

Somebody might want to check up on this, but didnt Dyson get injured in the NFC Championship game? Wasnt it pretty serious? :confused:

Yeah he was dingered up but played anyway... not at full strength.. he should be all right with Jets this season and beyond that.

except Ty Law was about 32 when we signed him and Dyson is 26, big difference in our favor!

What I meant was that we signed him to fill a hole for 1 year to get us over the hump and to win a championship.

What I meant was that we signed him to fill a hole for 1 year to get us over the hump and to win a championship.

No doubt, I know where your coming from I'm just pointing out that given the guys age I'm happy we're shooting for the long term.

Just a thought to throw out there to some of the people who think David Barrett's days are numbered:

Erik Coleman,while solid last year,did regress from his rookie season a bit. If he fails to develop further than he already has,Barrett could potentially move over. Just something to think about as,if I remember correctly,when we initially signed Barrett his story was he'd probably be a borderline 2/3 CB who could potentially be better off at SS.

Just a thought to throw out there to some of the people who think David Barrett's days are numbered:

Erik Coleman,while solid last year,did regress from his rookie season a bit. If he fails to develop further than he already has,Barrett could potentially move over. Just something to think about as,if I remember correctly,when we initially signed Barrett his story was he'd probably be a borderline 2/3 CB who could potentially be better off at SS.

I think I'd love Barrett over at safety but at corner I just don't see a starter who I like and who I think can step up and be a legit starter in the NFL. I see good play and a great future with Dyson and Miller but not with Barrett. He'd be better suited as a #3 or #4 Corner or a starting Safety.

I do remember the talks 2 years ago when we brought him in that he could be either a starting Safety or Corner or #1 back-up corner on this team.

But, it's only been 2 years for Coleman so far and his rookie season was a damn good one so lets not jump too soon.

I think I'd love Barrett over at safety but at corner I just don't see a starter who I like and who I think can step up and be a legit starter in the NFL. I see good play and a great future with Dyson and Miller but not with Barrett. He'd be better suited as a #3 or #4 Corner or a starting Safety.

I do remember the talks 2 years ago when we brought him in that he could be either a starting Safety or Corner or #1 back-up corner on this team.

But, it's only been 2 years for Coleman so far and his rookie season was a damn good one so lets not jump too soon.

I still like Coleman,don't get me wrong...I was just throwing it out there for sake of discussion. Tangini has got themselves a nice young secondary,all they need is some coaching.

Dyson,Miller,Strait,Barrett,Coleman,Rhodes,and Washington with Eric Mangini coaching them. Its exciting to know that young talent won't go to waste anymore.

This move is perfect on so many levels.

1) The contract is great for a quality number 2 corner, which is what Dyson is.

2) I have complete faith in any player that Mangini wants brought in for the secondary. I love bringing in Mangini as a head coach despite his lack of experience but there isn't even a Patsie troll that would deny the man is a fricken genius when it comes to the secondary.

3) This move was done completely under the radar. No more of this BS everybody knows what the fricken hell we are trying to do.

Great signing!

Now why is everyone hating on Barrett??? The dude had some incredible games on some very tough receivers. I think he slumped in '05 (what part of the team didn't?) but the year before he was a force the second half of the season. The man has potential for sure and he's 28. I'm not saying he should be our #1, but I certainly have no problem with him at #2.

It's a fantastic signing, don't get me wrong with I'm about to say. But, we need to get that front fixed in a hurry. Forget about sacking the QB, we need to bring hell on that QB and without that, signings like Dyson doesn't mean much. We could have the best of the best in that defensive backfield, but if we're not bringing pressure on that QB, any WR will find an open spot eventually if he has time to separate.

Somebody might want to check up on this, but didnt Dyson get injured in the NFC Championship game? Wasnt it pretty serious? :confused:

hey why you messin wit my boy Untouchable-there have been weeks at a time when he was my favorite and the most sensible poster at JI

great signing by mangini and the boyz......cant wait for the season to start...

And to all the Chicken Littles(And you know who you are) we still don't have a Game for over 5 months so relax and let a Pro Staff deal with the Draft,the June 1st cuts and you may see a rebound next season similar to the 97 Team that went from 1-15 in 96 to 9-7!! Hell I'm even sure we won't see a Stat Monkey get all the carries at RB next year! Good Times for the Jets are in the Works!!:cheers:

You know this is strange.

I have mixed emotions.

I wanna be so happy about this but at the same time I'm really pissed about this and I don't know why.

I love Dyson but I hate that Miller is now going back to the bench.

miller will start,,,

barrett not a mangini type,,too many mental mistakes,,

westhoff told me miller will be a star and doesnt know if he would have him back as a punt returner next year,,he is strting, believe me,,

And to all the Chicken Littles(And you know who you are) we still don't have a Game for over 5 months so relax and let a Pro Staff deal with the Draft,the June 1st cuts and you may see a rebound next season similar to the 97 Team that went from 1-15 in 96 to 9-7!! Hell I'm even sure we won't see a Stat Monkey get all the carries at RB next year! Good Times for the Jets are in the Works!!:cheers:

Yo Savage, even you have to be impressed with what Mangini and company have accomplished so far.;)

miller will start,,,

barrett not a mangini type,,too many mental mistakes,,

Once again, SJ nailed it.

Miller will definitely be a starter. Mangini will absolutely make him a better player.

Mark my words, Mangini will have a very low tolerance level for mental mistakes.;)

i still cant wait...;)

i agree..martin will not get all the carries..and he shouldnt....i think it will be a turn around year like it was in 96 to 97...

Archived