Dyson a Jet

wildthing2022000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no reason that with a few more of these smart moves and a good draft the jets can't compete for a playoff spot.

So..MadMike...you're a 'glass is half full' kinda guy, huh?

Me, too. We draft Williams or Hawk and we're the '85 Bears, baby!!!

It was out there that the Jets were interested in Dyson, not sure why people are so surprised by this. Since I read that however, his name was out of the news for a while, but I didn't forget about him. He had something of an off year at Seattle..... and was looking for more $, I'm sure. If he returns to the form he showed at Tennessee, he'll probably be looking for a new contract down the road!

Nice signing for sure... got a young guy with upside cheap. Barrett, Miller and Dyson will all get plenty of playing time at CB. Based on the opponent, I could see any combination of the three starting. This removes one very large need from the draft board.... and brings some vet presence to the D backfield.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2389547

The New York Jets beat out two of Andre Dyson's former teams -- the Tennessee Titans and the Seattle Seahawks -- and reached an agreement with the cornerbackl on a five-year, $11.5 million deal, including $3 million in signing and roster bonuses.

Andre Dyson

Cornerback

Seattle Seahawks

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

21 20 1 1 0 1

Dyson will replace Ty Law as one of the Jets' starting corners.

By going to the Jets, Dyson will end up making more money than he would have had he stayed with the Seahawks, who released him last month. Dyson was scheduled to make $3 million this season.

Dyson, 26, was drafted by the Titans, and went to the Seahawks prior to the 2005 season. Apparently, he didn't burn any ties with his former teams. Both Seattle and Tennessee were trying to talk Dyson into a lower paying contract to come back and compete for a starting job.

Dyson opted to make a new start with new head coach Eric Mangini and the Jets.

In his five years in the league, Dyson, a graduate of Utah, has 17 interceptions and 69 passes defensed.

Good move. Dyson is a a pretty soild player.

If Mangini can coach Troy Brown to be a CB, I think he can work wonders with our CB`s. This isnt Herm running the show anymore.

Dyson is already at a high level as a corner...Mangini is going to coach all of our young corners...dyson, miller, strait, coleman, washington, all of them to work together and learn to play the game in the NFL

Dyson is already at a high level as a corner...Mangini is going to coach all of our young corners...dyson, miller, strait, coleman, washington, all of them to work together and learn to play the game in the NFL
UUUMMMM ok, i think i summed that up in my post without names.;) I`m just making a point that Troy Brown is a WR and Mangini converted him into pretty decent CB . Do you really think that my post ment that Mangini isnt going to work with our corners? for the love of god there Kid.

I'd venture to guess that they are all gonna be schooled in the art of the corner blitz too. Expect alot of that in the 3-4.

Archived