Jets MIGHT want to get in bed with Frank Reich

Paradis

If we go with Reich, doesnt that automatically guarantee a new offense for 2024?  I say this because there are only 2 possible outcomes:

1.  He fails which likely makes it the end for Saleh and him.

2. He succeeds, pads his resume and moves on to be a HC leaving us in another OC search.

I guess its possible he could be good but the team doesnt do well and he becomes HC?  But it seems like a one year rental to me

28 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I’m sure the other 638 teams who need an OC will be knocking down his door too.

id love to get him but his buddy Boomer has said on his show on numerous occasions that he’s warned him not to come to NY. 

No doubt. But where would you rather be? San Diego with Justin Herbert or NYC with Zach or ??? at QB.

• Upvote 1

Problem for me is it could be a one and done, unless there is a plan to move on with a new head coach. Reich could be that replacement but without that being the plan Jets would be looking at having to find a replacement next season. Jets need to find stability not anarchy.

10 minutes ago, Barkus said:

No doubt. But where would you rather be? San Diego with Justin Herbert or NYC with Zach or ??? at QB.

Chargers don’t play in San Diego any more - LA is not a draw in my opinion, other than the Herbert angle. And their coach is in limbo too. Saleh is well respected and their is more of a chance for him to impress with the Jets than the chargers. Failing with Herbert is a one and done season, in my opinion. He wants a stepping stone to a HC job, I would think. Succeeding with the Jets gives him that ability due to the challenges he will face will make it a bigger accomplishment 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In all seriousness, the Jets make sense if hebisbangling for a HC job. Saleh may not make it through next season if he has to play Zach

Better chance of hitting the powerball next season. If he HAS TO PLAY ZACH he wouldn't have been deactivated each time he was the backup.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Honestly, there’s only one way for this to happen, and it would require Woody to have his Leon Hess moment very quickly.

Woody already out maneuvered Hess in his first 10 years and had better success.

If we want him to have any Hess moments just get out the paper bags and get ready for some losing seasons to continue.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Would love it to happen, but I'm just not sure Frank Reich will be willing to work for $16/hour and one free snack per day.

He’s still getting paid from Indy.  

Not sure what happens should he take an OC job. Guessing whatever OC salary he signs for is reduced from Indy’s $9m obligation 

“Colts paying former coach Frank Reich $9 million a year through 2026, according to ESPN”

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Chargers don’t play in San Diego any more - LA is not a draw in my opinion, other than the Herbert angle. And their coach is in limbo too. Saleh is well respected and their is more of a chance for him to impress with the Jets than the chargers. Failing with Herbert is a one and done season, in my opinion. He wants a stepping stone to a HC job, I would think. Succeeding with the Jets gives him that ability due to the challenges he will face will make it a bigger accomplishment 

You’re really trying to make an argument that going to SD with Herbert is less appealing and a worse career move then signing up with Saleh, Zach and an unnamed vet QB? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Having a guy like Reich on the market and probably having to sit by and watch him go somewhere else just reinforces that losing that game to the Rams at the end of 2020 and missing out on TL is the worst moment in the sordid history of this franchise. We have #1,  Pederson isn’t burned out, and we may still be playing in year 3 of TL and Doug.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I’m sure the other 638 teams who need an OC will be knocking down his door too.

id love to get him but his buddy Boomer has said on his show on numerous occasions that he’s warned him not to come to NY. 

Boomer is not too bright on this he has a limited view on what is possible. 

The Truth is if you make it in NY with the Jets you are made in the sport forever.  

• Upvote 2