Schefter Comments on QBs (Merged)

T0mShane

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still has a no-trade clause, so I don’t know what benefit would be gained by any team jumping in for him. He can simply pick his spot and let his new team keep the picks

Why would anyone give up draft capital?  There is no difference in waiting for free agency when he IS released.  He has control of where he goes regardless.  

Could you imagine a fan base if you try to trade for him and he says go **** yourself?  LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, undertow said:

I agree but it's looking like if we want a top QB target our draft is toast.

i also think it'd be malpractice.  i don't see a team giving up anywhere near a 1 for carr - especially with that contract and guaranteed money.  offer the 5th or go scratch

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

I agree but it's looking like if we want a top QB target our draft is toast.

I don’t see any “top” QBs available. Rodgers was pedestrian this year and is 39. Lamar is not going anywhere. Carr is a solid player, but not elite, and if he is not traded, will be released in a few weeks anyway. 

who are we talking about here?

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

i also think it'd be malpractice.  i don't see a team giving up anywhere near a 1 for carr - especially with that contract and guaranteed money.  offer the 5th or go scratch

Sam Darnold was traded for a 2 and a 4...initially I didn't think they could get much for him either but it's trending towards desperate teams looking for a QB....plus lots of people have become Derek Carr delusional.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Well if you want the guy you put on the full court college recruitment thing and tell Carr the reasons the Jets would be a good choice and show him you want him to be your QB.  Then if he likes your team and agrees to waive his no trade deal you trade for him as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1