Tyler Steen - OT

BCJet

I love the value in this guy - Tyler Steen, LT from Alabama.  He played 4 years at Vanderbilt before transferring to Bama this season.  Good athlete, lean frame, good feet and movement skills, basically the opposite of Becton and a great player that will be available with our second round pick and possibly even a little later on Day 2.  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tyler-steen-ot-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

The first round has a ton of CBs that will be in play around pick 13 and could allow us to move back and pick up guys like Steen, Drew Sanders (OLB) or Chris Smith (Safety - Georgia) and try to fill a few more holes then just getting one guy at 13.

• Upvote 2

There's a few different scenarios where I could see teams looking to move up for our pick.  If Richardson is still on the board, one of the top-3 OTs, Quentin Johnston, perhaps Bresee falls.  Hell maybe even someone wants to move up for Branch.  CBs in this 1st round are pretty stacked though.  Unless a team just really loves a specific one, I doubt anyone will be looking to pay much to move up for one.  

12 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

There's a few different scenarios where I could see teams looking to move up for our pick.  If Richardson is still on the board, one of the top-3 OTs, Quentin Johnston, perhaps Bresee falls.  Hell maybe even someone wants to move up for Branch.  CBs in this 1st round are pretty stacked though.  Unless a team just really loves a specific one, I doubt anyone will be looking to pay much to move up for one.  

Never know-Jets traded up for Revis..

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Never know-Jets traded up for Revis..

True, and Revis was the top corner in that draft.  I suppose if all of the CBs drop to us that could be an option, but if someone wants to get their pick of the class they'll most likely move up ahead of us.  I've seen Porter pretty consistently mocked in the top-10.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:33 PM, BCJet said:

I love the value in this guy - Tyler Steen, LT from Alabama.  He played 4 years at Vanderbilt before transferring to Bama this season.  Good athlete, lean frame, good feet and movement skills, basically the opposite of Becton and a great player that will be available with our second round pick and possibly even a little later on Day 2.  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tyler-steen-ot-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

The first round has a ton of CBs that will be in play around pick 13 and could allow us to move back and pick up guys like Steen, Drew Sanders (OLB) or Chris Smith (Safety - Georgia) and try to fill a few more holes then just getting one guy at 13.

This draft has a lot of good OL prospects and we should be looking at drafting OT in the 1st or 2nd, and a Center at some point as well to replace McGovern in 2024.

Trading down from 13 is exactly the type of move we should be looking and hoping to make. Add a OL and Edge pieces to replace all those older vets coming off contracts this year or after '23:  Brown, Fant, McG, Lawson.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This draft has a lot of good OL prospects and we should be looking at drafting OT in the 1st or 2nd, and a Center at some point as well to replace McGovern in 2024.

Trading down from 13 is exactly the type of move we should be looking and hoping to make. Add a OL and Edge pieces to replace all those older vets coming off contracts this year or after '23:  Brown, Fant, McG, Lawson.

Will be interesting to see John MIchael Schmitz the center from Minnesota this week at the senior bowl.  I would love to see us trade down, and pick up an extra top 75 player.  When you are looking for safeties, IOL and off-ball LBs you can find a lot more value in round 2-3 then when you are looking at the "premium" positions.

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2023 at 10:44 AM, Adoni Beast said:

I think trading down is really only the play if the big OTs are gone by the time we pick.  OR I guess if we fall in love with someone like Torrence or Steen or Harrison - someone from that next group.  Ideally though yeah, if we can add an extra 2nd while still getting a top tier OT prospect toward the end of the 1st I'd be all for it.

• Upvote 1