What do you think of the WRs? Changes you want?

I’m a big believer in coaching and development.  And the WRs were completely let down.  

Braxton is the only one I’m indifferent about.   I’d like to see the rest back with competent coaching.  

G Wilson top 10-15 WR as is- but he’s still raw and not running great routes.  With good coaching I think he can become elite.  

Moore - maybe bulking up to be an outside WR was ridiculous.  Because that’s not his game.  I think he was lost and frustrated.  I think a good OC anWR  coach can make him into a very productive player.  Playing with GWilsmight put up some big stats.  

Mims - Tough to tell.  I was sad to see when they put the bal with. /50” balls he wasn’t winning   That’s what they need to unlock on him. It’s what he showed in college and I think it’s in there.

Corey Davis - I’m actually a fan    There are so many holes on this team   If they have cap space I’d like to see him back   

If Davis and Berrios are cut for cap savings, might have to upgrade through the draft.  Weak UFA class.  Best available:

D.J. Chark

Marvin Jones

Allen Lazard

Jakobi Meyers

JuJu Smith Schuster

Mecole Hardman

Paris Campbell

There’s others but nothing else really stands out to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, bd71 said:

If Davis and Berrios are cut for cap savings, might have to upgrade through the draft.  Weak UFA class.  Best available:

D.J. Chark

Marvin Jones

Allen Lazard

Jakobi Meyers

JuJu Smith Schuster

Mecole Hardman

Paris Campbell

There’s others but nothing else really stands out to me.

Which is why I think Davis stays. Anyone you sign will be worse for the same $$

• Upvote 2

Braxton and Corey Davis can hit the street, they’re dead weight and useless.   Draft Rashee Rice in the second and maybe sign a guy like Allen Lazard as a FA.   That would be a nice group of receivers.  

Edit:   This is was based on running the Shanny system, this is all dependent on what the new OC is going to run.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I love dj chark as a free agent and I could also see Mecole Hardman being picked up because I could of swore we liked him coming out the year he was drafted but it could of been gase but what do I know. I just hope jets pick up chark could be the out side wr and Moore can stay in slot

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m a big believer in coaching and development.  And the WRs were completely let down.  

Braxton is the only one I’m indifferent about.   I’d like to see the rest back with competent coaching.  

G Wilson top 10-15 WR as is- but he’s still raw and not running great routes.  With good coaching I think he can become elite.  

Moore - maybe bulking up to be an outside WR was ridiculous.  Because that’s not his game.  I think he was lost and frustrated.  I think a good OC anWR  coach can make him into a very productive player.  Playing with GWilsmight put up some big stats.  

Mims - Tough to tell.  I was sad to see when they put the bal with. /50” balls he wasn’t winning   That’s what they need to unlock on him. It’s what he showed in college and I think it’s in there.

Corey Davis - I’m actually a fan    There are so many holes on this team   If they have cap space I’d like to see him back   

Interesting that all of the wrs have issues and were all being coached by milfy. Another post said Tomlinson should be cut? Who did get coached by? Right there should settle some arguments about why milfy, benson and Austin were launched. Obviously it doesn’t let zwilson off the hook but does give some hope that he can be better with better coaching.

Trade for Hopkins, not sure what this will cost. See if Davis can be traded for a 5th or something. Draft a Wr to groom so when Hopkins gets older or anyone gets injured they can step in 

Wrs will then be Hopkins, GW, Moore in the slot. Any qb brought in should be able to succeed with that group 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Trade for Hopkins, not sure what this will cost. See if Davis can be traded for a 5th or something. Draft a Wr to groom so when Hopkins gets older or anyone gets injured they can step in 

Wrs will then be Hopkins, GW, Moore in the slot. Any qb brought in should be able to succeed with that group 

Really?  If the Jets don't make the O line a priority, I don't care who we have as our QB, RB's or WR's...we will not succeed.  

Just now, NIGHT STALKER said:

Really?  If the Jets don't make the O line a priority, I don't care who we have as our QB, RB's or WR's...we will not succeed.  

People need to understand that great teams aren’t built on a OL full of expensive FAs and high draft picks. The game has changed over the past 20 years. The ball usually gets out in under 2.5 seconds. Great offenses are built around receiver’s getting open quick and the qb knowing where to go with it. With the ball getting out that quick a middle of the road line is perfectly fine 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

A Marvin Jones type vet will likely cost more than just rolling with Davis

16 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah I would rather just reinvest his money

Marvin Jones was atrocious this year and will be 32 next year. Hes not going  to be expensive but I do not want any part of him. Played all 16 and had 529 yards and 3 TDs.  I'm fine with Cutting CD but would rather a restructure. Not much out there Lazard is uninspiring and Juju cant play outside.

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

People need to understand that great teams aren’t built on a OL full of expensive FAs and high draft picks. The game has changed over the past 20 years. The ball usually gets out in under 2.5 seconds. Great offenses are built around receiver’s getting open quick and the qb knowing where to go with it. With the ball getting out that quick a middle of the road line is perfectly fine 

Since the beginning of the NFL...it doesn't matter what decade it is, the old saying is, IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT.  Doesn't matter if it's the offense or defense.  If you don't develop those two lines whether through the draft, trades or FA's, you aren't going anywhere.  And that has been the problem of the New York Jets...end of story.

21 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Marvin Jones was atrocious this year and will be 32 next year. Hes not going  to be expensive but I do not want any part of him. Played all 16 and had 529 yards and 3 TDs.  I'm fine with Cutting CD but would rather a restructure. Not much out there Lazard is uninspiring and Juju cant play outside.

Ok not Marvin Jones some other 10 million dollar vet who's not named Corey Davis. lol

The benefit with a Rodgers trade is you could probably link him with a few of his soon to be available teammates.

Aaron Rodgers - QB (1-2 years then back to Zach)

David Bakhtiari - LT (Douglas has shown he's not afraid of old OTs)

Allen Lazard - WR (6'5 replace Davis)

Randall Cobb - WR (Backup slot, replace Berrios)

43 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Since the beginning of the NFL...it doesn't matter what decade it is, the old saying is, IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT.  Doesn't matter if it's the offense or defense.  If you don't develop those two lines whether through the draft, trades or FA's, you aren't going anywhere.  And that has been the problem of the New York Jets...end of story.

In the late 90s and before it was all about deep passes and running. Deep passes require….time. Short passes (todays nfl) require less time…less time = less importance of a rock solid OL. Look at the playoff teams from the past 10 years they usually have 2 first round picks on them maximum. Most of the line consists of mid round to undrafted guys. 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

In the late 90s and before it was all about deep passes and running. Deep passes require….time. Short passes (todays nfl) require less time…less time = less importance of a rock solid OL. Look at the playoff teams from the past 10 years they usually have 2 first round picks on them maximum. Most of the line consists of mid round to undrafted guys. 

I'm not debating that.  My argument is the importance of the O line...I don't care how you get there, it's getting there.  And we aren't there by a long shot...I can't even remember 5 of our guys playing two consecutive games together.  You can't build consistency interchanging guys from one game to another.