Daniel Jones

He can play but he's not elite and I think given the going rate for QBs he could command more than $30 million per year. If the Giants pay him and their RB they are going to be restricted from making moves in other areas. They better draft really well going forward. Evan Neal had a rough rookie year already.

I could see the owner wanting to pay Daniel Jones though after this season. Tough spot for Schoen and Daboll to be in.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

He can play but he's not elite and I think given the going rate for QBs he could command more than $30 million per year. If the Giants pay him and their RB they are going to be restricted from making moves in other areas. 

I could see the owner wanting to pay Daniel Jones though after this season. Tough spot for Schoen and Daboll to be in.

A tough spot? Lock up a QB you’re happy with, and his best offensive weapon? This is what good teams on the rise do.

Do you know what mediocre and bad teams do? They search endlessly for a QB, and look to rebuild half their CS.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A tough spot? Lock up a QB you’re happy with, and his best offensive weapon? This is what good teams on the rise do.

Do you know what mediocre and bad teams do? They search endlessly for a QB, and look to rebuild half their CS.

You're assuming Schoen and Daboll are happy with the previous guys QB and want to pay him and their RB though. Don't think we know that yet.  

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would feel the exact same way about signing Daniel Jones to a huge contract as I would about signing Derek Carr to a huge contract.

Tgey are very different players with different styles.  So why would you feel the same? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I think we kinda do.

The media and some fans might. First meaningful move Schoen made as GM I think was to decline Jones' 5th year option. Now he's going to hand him a huge contract and probably tie his future as GM to him based on one year? I just think that's a tough spot. Franchise tag might be the best option. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The media and some fans might. First meaningful move Schoen made as GM I think was to decline Jones' 5th year option. Now he's going to hand him a huge contract and probably tie his future as GM to him based on one year? I just think that's a tough spot. Franchise tag might be the best option. 

I think the franchise tag would come into play if negotiations become difficult, but that’s completely different than saying they might not want him back.

If Daniel Jones didn’t do enough this season to make them want to bring him back, I’d love to see the rabbit they’re going to pull out of their hat to replace him.

• Upvote 3

I was tired of hearing everyone ride this guy on local radio and sports talks. You can make the lack of weapons argument, which is fair, but he barely threw for 3k yards and had 15 tds. Of course the rushing numbers help the overall, but I’ve heard countless times here that shortens your career. 
daboll was screaming at him on the sidelines during week 1 and the fans wanted to run him out of town becuase he was so turnover prone with fumbling especially. 
you had guys locally saying to give him 30 plus mil a year. It was ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I would feel the exact same way about signing Daniel Jones to a huge contract as I would about signing Derek Carr to a huge contract.

Except Derek Carr is who Derek Carr is Jones at least is still 25 and there's a possibility he improves with age and better cast. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - it was one game. the guy had a good year. the eagles defense is really good.

One could also LOL at people ignoring 3 bad years with a million turnovers and then thinking one "good"year that included a measly 3200 yards passing in 16 games as proof that Jones is Franchise QB.

• Upvote 1