Are you happy the Giants lost?

Maxman

Are you happy the Giants lost?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy the Giants lost?

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely not. The wife is a lifelong Giant fan, and the only time I ever root against them is when we play them for real every four years. Throw in the fact that they lost to a trea from Philadelphia. I despise every team from Philadelphia, their fans and the place in general. The only good thing in Philadelphia is Villanova.

• Upvote 1

I have Giant fan friends who do rub it in (in a playful way) about how bad the Jets are.  But I'm able to roll with the punches and get a laugh out of it.  I was rooting for the Giants yesterday because who wants to root for the Eagles?!  Plus it keeps things more interesting when they're in it.  

I certainly don't feel the same way about the Yankees/Islanders/Devils though.  I root against those teams.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Beyond indifferent. Don’t care about them from a game to game standpoint but I’m jealous that they’ve gotten their sh*t together before us. Never really been anti-Giants.

That pretty much sums up my feelings too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BP said:

I never did get the Giants hate. The Jets used to always beat them in the early 80’s. I attribute it to the bitter Mets fan mentality.

I’ll never forget, I was in a bar watching the 2007 Super Bowl and I saw several Jers fans rooting for the patriots to win and get their undefeated season. I couldn’t believe it. The patriots they were rooting for over the Giants. Insane

Mid to late 80s.

Jets start 10-1, and collapse.  Giants won the super bowl.  The radio is playing a "Giants are #1 song."

Then they win again in 91. 

5 hours ago, BP said:

I never did get the Giants hate. The Jets used to always beat them in the early 80’s. I attribute it to the bitter Mets fan mentality.

I’ll never forget, I was in a bar watching the 2007 Super Bowl and I saw several Jers fans rooting for the patriots to win and get their undefeated season. I couldn’t believe it. The patriots they were rooting for over the Giants. Insane

No real Jets fan rooted for the Patriots that day.

• Upvote 3

i guess it depends on how you grew up. we always gave each other sh*t when the other team lost. 

an example of recent years whenever we would talk about the Jets and Giants who both sucked for years i would get the occasional , well we got 4 SBs and you got one 60 years ago. well there is no way i want to see them even get close to a 5th. in fact i got a text last night with the same words.

F-Them, im glad they lost and lost big.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1