The hit that injured Mahomes was dirty - an attempt to injure Mahomes - watch it closely.

Nixhead

7 hours ago, usanyj said:

Mike white got folded into a lawn chair and broke ribs and didn’t get a roughing penalty.

but JFM got called for roughing on Mac Jones for not hitting him late, but “too hard” 

refs making roughing calls has become high comedy.

I never heard of a penalty for hitting a QB too hard and that Milano is another one of those guys who tries to hurt QBs, the shot he laid on the Fins QB when he was already out of bounds was harder than Mo Lewis' hit on Bledsoe and again, white guy doesn't get called

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 4
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1

10 hours ago, usanyj said:

Mike white got folded into a lawn chair and broke ribs and didn’t get a roughing penalty.

but JFM got called for roughing on Mac Jones for not hitting him late, but “too hard” 

I agree the consistency on these calls is brutal.

The JFM call against NE in my opinion was bad but I feel the non-call on MW was correct, it was a good hard football tackle and nothing else. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, usanyj said:

The NFL audience has expanded to every demographic.  The advertising dollars come from all over. The NFL wants star players in the playoffs so when a casual fan asks, “who’s playing?” They hear a team that they can connect to a QB and sit down and get commercials for hours. The NFL knows that they aren’t going to lose eyeballs because of soft roughing calls, but they will if star QBs go down. 

Mike white hit was legal. The nfl wants QBs hit between the thigh and shoulders. It was right in middle of the strike zone, an Instant after he let it go. You see QBs get hit like that all the time but they usually at the last second protect themselves. Did the hit start a fight ? That’s usually a good indicator of a dirty hit. 

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I never heard of a penalty for hitting a QB too hard and that Milano is another one of those guys who tries to hurt QBs, the shot he laid on the Fins QB when he was already out of bounds was harder than Mo Lewis' hit on Bledsoe and again, white guy doesn't get called

Only the black players get the penalties?

Holy sh*tbawlz it’s an epidemic

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, Nixhead said:

Click and watch it on youtube - looks to me like Arden Key purposely drove his knees into Mahomes ankles - Key was also guilty of a late hit on the QB later in the game and was penalized. Nobody seemed to notice but this guy was out to injure.

Back, and to the left…..back, and to the left…. Back..  and to the left……

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Both Milano hits were completely legal. It is not illegal to hit someone too hard. You're supposed to hit hard in football. Stop this nonsense.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Both Milano hits were completely legal. It is not illegal to hit someone too hard. You're supposed to hit hard in football. Stop this nonsense.

Anybody who want to call the inconsistencies in the NFL officiating in this current era "nonsense" is simply being blind to the facts

Go over to YouTube and type in Matt Milano and dirty hits or hits and it's clear that this is one dirty player who like the Patriots DT Vince Wilfork before him, actively tries to injure the QBs, especially the ones in the same division as the Bills. You know what else is very telling how can it be that in 18 games in 2022 the Bills only had 2 Roughing calls against them? I saw 2 in the first game that weren't called on Wilson. Jets had 5

A lot of us have been screaming at our TV sets at the inconsistency of these calls against the Jets, well here are some numbers to back that up, of course it doesn't take into account all of the worst offenses which are the penalties that don't get called at all. That's where the Jets really get screwed over their number over the past 4 years is 441

image.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Agree w/you the officiating is inconsistent. It's the demonizing of Milano for hitting people hard that I take issue with.

Milano drove his shoulder pad (ie weapon) into the rib cage.  Looked intentional to me.  IMHO.  Some guys just like to hurt people.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/22/2023 at 8:34 AM, SoFlaJets said:

21 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Only the black players get the penalties?

Holy sh*tbawlz it’s an epidemic

If anyone is wondering I’m giving everyone permission to not react to these post and just stay in topic. Your welcome. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Milano drove his shoulder pad (ie weapon) into the rib cage.  Looked intentional to me.  IMHO.  Some guys just like to hurt people.  

You can’t hit high.  
You can’t hit low, the Brady rule.  

The place you can hit, dead center in the gut or ribs.  
It sucks, Mike White got hit, got hit hard and broke ribs.  

But it was legal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If anyone is wondering I’m giving everyone permission to not react to these post and just stay in topic. Your welcome. 

I think we deserve a cookie or something sweet for doing just that and not taking the bait big guy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You can’t hit high.  
You can’t hit low, the Brady rule.  

The place you can hit, dead center in the gut or ribs.  
It sucks, Mike White got hit, got hit hard and broke ribs.  

But it was legal.

This is all very true and ty for posting.  All I'm saying is that he intended to do damage.  Just like fighting in Hockey, it turns me off to the sport which I otherwise enjoy.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There is nothing illegal about this. It's called a tackle.

Not when it happens time and time and time again. Did you see the hit Milano made on Skylar Thompson in that playoff game against Miami? He destroyed that player OUT OF BOUNDS and there was no penalty called. Too was injured by Milano with a concussion, Mike White took two devastating hits from that bastard. That's why I'm really glad that Buffalo lost

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-rodger-saffold-defends-matt-milano-dirty-hit/

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

it was lousy attempt at humor-I should have known that the "Oh my GAWD" police who now inhabit this website would jump right on it with their faux outrage. My bad-sorry Crush

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I want a cookie! I had to live through the whole episode. It was very traumatic. 

Yea it was almost as bad as what I heard about people who take to throwing fists at people in the parking lot at a Jets game for something said on a message board.

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Not when it happens time and time and time again. Did you see the hit Milano made on Skylar Thompson in that playoff game against Miami? He destroyed that player OUT OF BOUNDS and there was no penalty called. Too was injured by Milano with a concussion, Mike White took two devastating hits from that bastard. That's why I'm really glad that Buffalo lost

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-rodger-saffold-defends-matt-milano-dirty-hit/

Could he have let up, did he have to blow up MW or ST?  No he didn’t and a lot of players would have just sacked him.  Does that make it illegal,and should there have been a penalty called?  No, you can hit hard.  

• Upvote 1