The hit that injured Mahomes was dirty - an attempt to injure Mahomes - watch it closely.

Nixhead

43 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yea it was almost as bad as what I heard about people who take to throwing fists at people in the parking lot at a Jets game for something said on a message board.

You keep saying this as if I said that or did that which is absolutely something I would never say or do. Stop half assed trying to implicate me in something that anyone who has ever met me in person @Maxmanknows I would never do or furnish proof. It’s not ******* nice. You’re either thinking of someone else or outright lying. 

It actually should be bannable to try and trash someone’s reputation.

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

it was lousy attempt at humor-I should have known that the "Oh my GAWD" police who now inhabit this website would jump right on it with their faux outrage. My bad-sorry Crush

I get it dude. It’s not the post it’s the reaction to the post typically. Just aside to allow personal ole to not react. I think that’s the problem, they have never been invited to just not react and move on.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I get it dude. It’s not the post it’s the reaction to the post typically. Just aside to allow personal ole to not react. I think that’s the problem, they have never been invited to just not react and move on.

No, it was the post 100 percent. Why is he bringing race into the discussion? I thought that wasn’t allowed.

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, it was the post 100 percent. Why is he bringing race into the discussion? I thought that wasn’t allowed.

It isn’t. If nobody reacted to the post then most wouldn’t noticed. But you felt the need to react. Just like you feel the need to react now. I would guess it’s likely he doesn’t make another post like that but you will always feel the need to react to any post you deem your opinion is needed. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It isn’t. If nobody reacted to the post then most wouldn’t noticed. But you felt the need to react. Just like you feel the need to react now. I would guess it’s likely he doesn’t make another post like that but you will always feel the need to react to any post you deem your opinion is needed. 

Crush, if I had switched the races I doubt the prevailing policy stated above would be the same. 

40 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's because a lot of us have been around each other for over two decades and everyone who knows me, knows there's not a hint of racism in my posting history. A few months ago I posted a thread talking about the great posters that we seem to have lost here at Jet Nation. Well it coincided with Sooth selling you all out at over there at Jets Insider. There was a reason why the two different websites was a good thing, and it was because of the difference in the people who post on them. Nowadays you can NOT post a thread without this ever present cloud of cliquey-ness that was such a big part of what you guys were about at JI. And frankly, THE reason that we would joke about what was going on there every day at JI with the whole "In before the lock" and requests for "GH&J to please lock this thread." as well as the ever-present call to "Dump this thread" if it wasn't written by someone who sat at the right lunch table.

Now it's the "Oh my God, Hey Maxman look at what this guy said! isn't that against the rules?" What are we in kindergarten? I liked it a lot better when every thread didn't become a contest or a call for judgements on each sometime controversial opinion or lighthearted (and sometimes failed) attempt at humor. 

You know I'm just wondering: Who did Sean sell Jets Insider to?  Why didn't that guy either keep it going or start up another Jets Message Board?

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

It's because a lot of us have been around each other for over two decades and everyone who knows me, knows there's not a hint of racism in my posting history. A few months ago I posted a thread talking about the great posters that seem we have lost here at Jet Nation. Well it coincided with Sooth selling you all out at over there at Jets Insider. There was a reason why the two different websites was a good thing, and it was because of the difference in the people who post on them. Nowadays you can NOT post a thread without this ever present cloud of cliquey-ness that was such a big part of what you guys were about at JI. And frankly, THE reason that we would joke about what was going on there every day at JI with the whole "In before the lock" and requests for "GH&J to please lock this thread." as well as the ever-present call to "Dump this thread" if it wasn't written by someone who sat at the right lunch table.

Now it's the "Oh my God, Hey Maxman look at what this guy said! isn't that against the rules?" What are we in kindergarten? I liked it a lot better when every thread didn't become a contest or a call for judgements on each sometime controversial opinion or lighthearted (and sometimes failed) attempt at humor. 

You know I'm just wondering: Who did Sean sell Jets Insider to?  Why didn't that guy either keep it going or start up another Jets Message Board?

I don’t even know what you’re talking about. I joined in 2008 with the whole Darren McFadden debate. I’d never been on another site before this.

Now I’m almost positive you’re confusing me with someone else. 

The only reason I tagged Phil was because he has gotten to know me as a person. 

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don’t even know what you’re talking about. I joined in 2008 with the whole Darren McFadden debate. I’d never been on another site before this.

Now I’m almost positive you’re confusing me with someone else. 

The only reason I tagged Phil was because he has gotten to know me as a person. 

Has it occurred to you that maybe I'm not always talking about you when I mention things that have or may have happened in the world?

On 1/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, Nixhead said:

Click and watch it on youtube - looks to me like Arden Key purposely drove his knees into Mahomes ankles - Key was also guilty of a late hit on the QB later in the game and was penalized. Nobody seemed to notice but this guy was out to injure.

Stealthy, I didn't catch that initially. I do think that was intentional, his eyes almost look down to see where he is projecting his landing. May be nothing could be something. 

23 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

i saw a bills defender go at burrows legs.  why no flag for going low ?

That's what I'm saying Baron, they are notorious for trying to injure the opposing QBs and they get away with it too, in 20 games now-only 2 Roughing the Passer penalties called on them all year!

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

That's what I'm saying Baron, they are notorious for trying to injure the opposing QBs and they get away with it too, in 20 games now-only 2 Roughing the Passer penalties called on them all year!

could they be getting secretly coached by greg williams ??? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I noticed this when it happened. It did look like it may have been intentional to me, but I wouldn't say it definitely was. 

IMHO, in watching the video 3 times , no way does it look intentional. Key is just tackling Mahomes and not looking at the landing spot for his knee 

On 1/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, Nixhead said:

Click and watch it on youtube - looks to me like Arden Key purposely drove his knees into Mahomes ankles - Key was also guilty of a late hit on the QB later in the game and was penalized. Nobody seemed to notice but this guy was out to injure.

Nope. Did not look intentional AT ALL. 

Pop Tv Ronnielee GIF by Schitt's Creek

8 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

IMHO, in watching the video 3 times , no way does it look intentional. Key is just tackling Mahomes and not looking at the landing spot for his knee 

I disagree. Key had Mahomes and touched his feet to the ground then pulled on Mahomes and swung his knees towards Mahomes feet. It was kind of a drag down tackle but Key swung his knees inward towards the base of Mahomes - no Key didn't look where his knees were but he knew what he was doing and he might of glanced down really quickly. It was the perfect form to possibly injure a player and it worked. I think Key knew exactly what he was doing there but that's my opinion I guess.  

12 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You keep saying this as if I said that or did that which is absolutely something I would never say or do. Stop half assed trying to implicate me in something that anyone who has ever met me in person @Maxmanknows I would never do or furnish proof. It’s not ******* nice. You’re either thinking of someone else or outright lying. 

It actually should be bannable to try and trash someone’s reputation.

100%, Angelo would never do this.

We have tailgated so many times. Total die-hard fan who is there to watch the Jets and not looking for drama.