**Official*** Cowboys vs 49ers thread

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To think there are STILL people out there who wish McCarthy was the Jets' coach.  

Gase and Saleh sucked and all but McCarthy is just as worthless but yet somehow a big name coach.

Look at the staff he put together.

How many games has he won the last 2 years?

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

This game is more a falure of Prescott than MM in my opinion....Dallas was always going to win a low scoring game the turnovers killed them.

They played scared (I.E. the 4th & 5 play where they went hard count instead of running a play, as @T0mShane critiqued) AND still turned the ball over.  Total failure by everyone involved. 

But yes, the turnovers without being able to put points on the board to make up for them falls mostly on Dak.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They played scared (I.E. the 4th & 5 play where they went hard count instead of running a play, as @T0mShane critiqued) AND still turned the ball over.  Total failure by everyone involved.

I don't think the going for it on 4th everytime was going to work against this defense if they just don't turn the ball over and kick a few more field goals the game is tied.

Just now, undertow said:

I don't think the going for it on 4th everytime was going to work against this defense if they just don't turn the ball over and kick a few more field goals the game is tied.

Trying to out-game manage the 49ers isn't a good plan.  You've got CeeDee Lamb.  Make some plays.  

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

His last two 1st down conversions. I have zero confidence Zach would have made those throws.

This is where our discourse ends.  I can’t deal with folks like you pumping up    Plays like that.  He literally is so locked  on McCaffery from pre-snap he doesn’t even realize Kittles defender falls down and Kittle is wide open for a huge gain.  Kittles defender is literally almost plunked by his throw Purdy is that oblivious to what is going on.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But yes, the turnovers without being able to put points on the board to make up for them falls mostly on Dak.

This looks so much like all the playoff fails McCarthy had in Green Bay

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is where our discourse ends.  I can’t deal with folks like you pumping up    Plays like that.  He literally is so locked  on McCaffery from pre-snap he doesn’t even realize Kittles defender falls down and Kittle is wide open for a huge gain.  Kittles defender is literally almost plunked by his throw Purdy is that oblivious to what is going on.

I don't think Purdy is anything special either but he's also just a rookie.  If we're going to say that Darnold would have succeeded with SF it's hard to discount the idea that Purdy can improve within the system too.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Yeah they should have been more agressive downfield and less underneath passes but going for it on 4th wasn't working today imo

Probably not but I'm just talking big picture here:   You can't play scared AND turn the ball over.  Have to pick one or the other and they failed in both.  

• Upvote 1