**Official*** Cowboys vs 49ers thread

The game was a great defensive struggle but once again Purdy outplays a star franchise Qb manages a good game no turnovers compared to two picks by Dak. Actually he probably should have thrown one but the Dallas player dropped the ball. Purdy was 19-29- 214-0 picks. His longest pass play was for 31 yards so mostly short passes and running game. Which he ran pretty well his 214 yards passing were all good plays no garbage time or stats. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JetsAddict said:

Kind of crazy how the 9ers lost to the Bears, Broncos, and Falcons. 

They lost the turnover battle 8-1 on those games.  As I've harped on this issue, win the turnover battle you win the game almost every time.

In their 4 loses they lost the turnover battle 11-2

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The game was a great defensive struggle but once again Purdy outplays a star franchise Qb manages a good game no turnovers compared to two picks by Dak. Actually he probably should have thrown one but the Dallas player dropped the ball. Purdy was 19-29- 214-0 picks. His longest pass play was for 31 yards so mostly short passes and running game. Which he ran pretty well his 214 yards passing were all good plays no garbage time or stats. 

Basically a game we’d kill to have seen from the #2 or 3 picks in the draft more than once or twice in their illustrious careers.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The bigger issues is paying Dak as if he is a true franchise guy and he is not, his two picks just killed them in that game.

You overlooked the other 2-3 passes that should have been point blank INT’s that were dropped by defenders. Dak is definitely overhyped.

DAL has serious roster issues to deal with Prescott is making 35+ million a year, turning the

ball over like crazy and got outplayed by Mr. Irrelevant.  While Elliott is making 15+ million

a year with diminished production as their #2 RB.  That's a ton of $$$ with minimum production

I just have never been a fan of Dak. He is the poster child compiler that pads his stats when a game is in control, or against soft zone when the game is out of reach but seems to can't keep things under control in close meaningful games.

One thing on Jones. If anything Jerry has been too loyal to some coaches. I would be surprised if they made changes. Also seems like an odd place for Payton as I would not think Dallas would give him complete control.

It's all good because I hate Dallas.