CTM Search Party Mafia - Signup thread (game to start on Sunday, Jan 29)

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Verbal knew he got poisoned before eating it?

sometimes you will learn that you're poisoned or will die the next day, not sure if he knew this time

if he did he was really quiet, especially after losing his vote. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Verbal knew he got poisoned before eating it?

No, 80 and Verbal kill each other for fun not dependent on strategy. Pretty sure each were dead the second they read they had a kill in their game  PM. If @Nynaeve plays again she’s another One that lul’s kill 80 as well. One of the reasons I typically don’t look much at him till day 3-ish, tried explaining that in game    thread to you. I feel kid has enough to worry about. Haha 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

I had been trying to drop those since your Cop reveal. I figured if there was Doc maybe I could get you and him an extra night or 2 and if there wasn't maybe I'd get you an extra night.

glad it worked. If I didn't get NK'd I was going to vote pine immediately to start the day, felt like he was obvious, I even said that to drum as soon as I saw my "death" scene. I had to ask drums if I was really dead because the scene didn't explain it

My big error was not trusting you and using my NA on you instead of peen, as I had intended. But that would’ve made it the most boring game ever to nail both remaining scum with my 2 looks.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Yeah curious if they hunched he was SK or just viewed him as a townie that could cause trouble with his high activity 

activity ≠ good player

a lot of times I find the more activity the more likely the player is trying to put up as many posts to make it hard to be read or caught in a re-read, because who wants to read 6+ pages of a players play

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

My big error was not trusting you and using my NA on you instead of peen, as I had intended. But that would’ve made it the most boring game ever to nail both remaining scum with my 2 looks.

hell I get it. I am a naturally scummy/unconventional player lol. I can't help it. 

I think you did well, sometimes you can use that role to confirm a suspicion on someone  you need to clear. 

I have done that on crusher before like at least 3 times. I think he's town, but..... and 1 time he was Godfather ( I did not study mafia wiki like I had to pass an exam, like you ) , which really F*d me up on him for a few games

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

FWIW I called out the pump fake in real time, thought you were laying it on too thick. That’s why we didn’t kill you that night. And then in classic mafia fashion the next night we overthought it and killed you anyway. Will post more/screenshots jn the other thread to avoid cluttering up the signups.

ha, I believe you. if anything I just wanted to either help get the NK to give more investigations, since we already had SK+1 scum. - or - shield doc, cause some read confusion. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just plugged “ @Pac MVP” into AI image generator

8B1AA2AC-1F96-4B18-BED3-48A6C5C4637B.gif.e7e6eafc1bc80a0f8c128bb9455b5682.gif

Careful how you speak to the unquestioned greatest natural scum hunter of all time. 

I caught Smash last game without reading any posts.  All it took was looking at a vote count.   He would not have voted me on day 1 like that as town.  How do I know that you ask? 

Cause I'm the m'fing best. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I am bummed you got iced N1. Totally different game with an SK running around.

@scum why kill 80? Random N1 kill or based on high activity level?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No, 80 and Verbal kill each other for fun not dependent on strategy. Pretty sure each were dead the second they read they had a kill in their game  PM. If @Nynaeve plays again she’s another One that lul’s kill 80 as well. One of the reasons I typically don’t look much at him till day 3-ish, tried explaining that in game    thread to you. I feel kid has enough to worry about. Haha 

Told you I wouldn’t be long for that game, jgb. lol.

I knew I had zero chance of a solo SK win so I operated like I was team town.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Part was because it's 80, but mostly because we wanted to kill somebody and frame Ape for it.  We figured Ape was a reasonable N1 Cop target, so the play was to kill 80 (fun) and frame Ape (strategic).

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

100% accurate

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Careful how you speak to the unquestioned greatest natural scum hunter of all time. 

I caught Smash last game without reading any posts.  All it took was looking at a vote count.   He would not have voted me on day 1 like that as town.  How do I know that you ask? 

Cause I'm the m'fing best. 

Nobody jumps in a Grenade quite as good as you! 

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I mean a @CTM game... we @GATA have @GATA

@GATA take our time getting this one set up to give the old guard a chance to get in on it.

Under normal circumstances I'd try to get this thing going on Tuesday evening prior to flying to NYC on Wednesday morning but I don't want to rush things with the hopes we can get a roster that absolutely crushes.

Wouldn't it be great if @CTM chose that time to show up at the end of the game too?

9 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I haven't played since QT went down.  How do you guys do that now?  

We’ve used discord a couple times and JN PMs a couple times. PMs kinda suck. Discord is ok but I feel weird/bad asking people to sign up and download an app to play mafia on JN so I haven’t used it for my games. Quicktopic was nice because you DIDNT have to sign up to use it. I still haven’t found any replacement I like. Unfortunately for the moment discord does seem like the best option and most people here seem ok with it so maybe my misgivings are unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

We’ve used discord a couple times and JN PMs a couple times. PMs kinda suck. Discord is ok but I feel weird/bad asking people to sign up and download an app to play mafia on JN so I haven’t used it for my games. Quicktopic was nice because you DIDNT have to sign up to use it. I still haven’t found any replacement I like. Unfortunately for the moment discord does seem like the best option and most people here seem ok with it so maybe my misgivings are unnecessary.

I actually had it already because my oldest son uses it for gaming. So he had me download it to bull shut with him and his friends during games. 

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Against my better judgement.... I'm in.

I may not be as obsessively active due to my workload getting gross. I need to get obsessive about work as much as I really dont want to lol.

Oh I’m definitely going casual this time around. Can’t sustain that pace for any longer than I did last game. Not young anymore.

16 minutes ago, Nolder said:

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Looks like Discord?

Ok.  I don't know how to use it but I'll figure it out.  

• Upvote 1