Jets Competition for Carr

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

As of a couple days ago, DraftKings had the Jets as the favorite (+400) to land Carr.  Jetsxfactor did a pretty good summary on potential suitors.

The short of it:

Colts (+425):  In position to draft their QB of the future early in round 1 after dipping into the vet market 3 years in a row (missing the playoffs the last 2)

Titans (+650):  Releasing or trading Tannenhill will add $19M in dead cap space to a team projected $23M over the 2023 cap

Saints (+800):  Projected $53M over next season’s cap

Commanders (+900):  Some early indications are pointing to fifth round Sam Howell (UNC) being their 2023 starter

Bucs (+1000):  Projected $55M over next year’s cap

Patriots (+1100):  Would they move on from Mac Jones after 2 years?  Would Carr want to play in an offense similar to the one he just struggled in with McDaniels?

Panthers (+1200):  With the 9th pick, The Carolina Panthers select a QB after failed experiments with Darnold & Mayfield

Carolina is a pretty similar team to the Jets. I think they could win that division with Carr. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Agreed, it’s a division that’s there for the taking.

But they are picking 9th and a shot at a long term franchise QB might be too hard to pass up.

But they are picking 9. They might be stuck drafting the 4th guy on their board.

Indy and Houston are definitely taking one and I’d imagine Vegas will be too if they are moving on from Carr. 

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

People hate every QB option but then either have no solution in mind or say some insane sh*t like "lets gets Minshew and re-sign Mike White". 

Also, we are the favorites to land Lamar and Carr? Cool story.

That's honestly, the only other options after the top few guys. After Lamar, Carr, Rodgers, and Jimmy G. Who's a good starter? At that point you're in bridge QB/back up territory. You're screwed either way. I guess other targets would be Jordan Love or Trey Lance. 

I know it'll never happen and fans would hate it because blablabla we need a veteran. But I would absolutely take a shot at the #1 pick from the Bears to get Bryce Young if those top options are unavailable. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

Carolina is a pretty similar team to the Jets. I think they could win that division with Carr. 

Yea gotta think Carr likes the idea of dominating that division. I do think the chances are pretty high that Lamar goes to the Falcons but that's not something that Carr should really plan for.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They give extra points for mph? 

No but with our up and down Oline Carr will turn the ball over and fold. Stafford is tuff as they come and can throw from any angle. Carr is more durable but not as tuff mentality 

Carr is more of a Kurt cousins not a Matt stafford

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That's honestly, the only other options after the top few guys. After Lamar, Carr, Rodgers, and Jimmy G. Who's a good starter? At that point you're in bridge QB/back up territory. You're screwed either way. I guess other targets would be Jordan Love or Trey Lance. 

I know it'll never happen and fans would hate it because blablabla we need a veteran. But I would absolutely take a shot at the #1 pick from the Bears to get Bryce Young if those top options are unavailable. 

See? You have presented MANY options before the awful Minshew/White type of option. People here absolutely sh*t on the idea of Lamar Motherf'ing Jackson because... they're just angry I suppose. Its amazing that top tier talent, or talent clearly superior to anything we have or had is dismissed with a saltiness only a real life miserable taint of a person could have. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

See? You have presented MANY options before the awful Minshew/White type of option. People here absolutely sh*t on the idea of Lamar Motherf'ing Jackson because... they're just angry I suppose. Its amazing that top tier talent, or talent clearly superior to anything we have or had is dismissed with a saltiness only a real life miserable taint of a person could have. 

I’d love Lamar Jackson if we can guarantee the predictable thing that has happened the last two seasons won’t happen again and it didn’t cost 4.5 billion dollars and 22 draft picks to find out.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Carr is not the answer but he is an upgrade to what we have-Joe D really sh*t the bed with his pick of wilson -we are maybe one of the worst teams if not the worst as far as QBs go and that is on Joe.

I'm not sure I agree. Us being betting favorites to land all the top QBs would imply we are in a far better spot than some. 

Not the best but I'd take our current situation over the Bucs, Saints, Titans, Cardinals, Broncos, Patriots, & Commanders. I think there are a lot of teams in the "wait and see" period of their QB development so those would be ahead of us IMO since they don't need to find a QB