Do you feel better today?

kevinc855

Much of the narrative through the season was "how tough" the AFC East was. 

In the last few weeks we witnessed the Patriots missing the playoffs with a Mac Jones in decline, an absolute free fall by the Dolphins only to be quickly eliminated the first game in and maybe more importnatly a Bills team with Josh Allen who can never seem to seize the moment in the big game. 

Is it just me or does winning the Division not seem such a tough task anymore? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

In the last few weeks we witnessed the Patriots missing the playoffs with a Mac Jones in decline, an absolute free fall by the Dolphins only to be quickly eliminated the first game in and maybe more importnatly a Bills team with Josh Allen who can never seem to seize the moment in the big game. 

I think it'll still be tough. Bills will still be good. NE will always play tough. I think Tua is done, but Miami will always be up and down division game. So....don't think anything changed really.

• Upvote 1

Bills are not the Patriots. They won't have a stranglehold on the AFC East like Brady/Belichick did. This division will be won by someone else next season. Hopefully Joe Douglas has another great off-season like he did this past off-season - I'm crossing my fingers for Quinnen Williams to get re-signed, get the right QB, right OC, and the OL fixed. Good draft and some smart moves in free agency. Get it done Jets. The time is now.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Good points.....plus we beat the Bills and Miami (albeit at home) with ZW under center. No Breece Hall for the BIlls win. And throw in a nice win at Lambeau Field against the vaunted Aaron Rogers. Watching Sauce Garner posing with that Cheese Head Hat was priceless, and shades of good things to come. We're definitely on the right track boys.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bills are not the Patriots. They won't have a stranglehold on the AFC East like Brady/Belichick did. This division will be won by someone else next season. Hopefully Joe Douglas has another great off-season like he did this past off-season - I'm crossing my fingers for Quinnen Williams to get re-signed, get the right QB, right OC, and the OL fixed. Good draft and some smart moves in free agency. Get it done Jets. The time is now.

That’s it, huh?
I’ll go with 6-11 and then we clean house.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I think it'll still be tough. Bills will still be good. NE will always play tough. I think Tua is done, but Miami will always be up and down division game. So....don't think anything changed really.

Heck let’s make it interesting at least. Fins get Brady, Jets get Rodgers or Carr,  Pats get Carr or Tannehill. Would be some cool battles for the division over the next few years.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The only division w/ a collective better record, was the NFCE.

So yes, the division is still very hard.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

Seriously what the actual eff is going on around here? Jets have a bottom 5 HC and worst QB room in the league and people doing victory laps lol. 

I don't think anyone has taken a victory lap on this forum... ever. This place is doom and gloom about everything. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Top 2 RBs in the division:

1.  Breece

2.  Josh Allen 

I heard Josh Allen was this obese kid who got picked on a ton. Then he went from sad to mad and decided to do something about it. He hit the weight room and turned that doughy body into what it is today making his arm into the rocket it is today. He then started running to defy the odds and making his big body capable of running so well that you even credit him in your post. Josh Allen really cultivated that skill huh. You could say, he nurtured himself into the talented freak he is today. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What's new, you're always down on the Jets before the season starts. I believe you had the "under" on 6 wins last off-season. But god forbid we talk crap about your dad's Giants.

No clue who he is, but the be fair, I think many people had us losing a lot before the start of the season. 6 seemed optimistic. After game 1, six wins seemed laughably impossible.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What's new, you're always down on the Jets before the season starts. I believe you had the "under" on 6 wins last off-season. But god forbid we talk crap about your dad's Giants.

Taking the under on this team is always a good bet. This was the rare year it wasn’t.

We root for a joke franchise. Where do we come off talking crap about the Giants or any other team? 

BTW the Giants have a QB, an elite LT and a terrific CS. Call me when we get those, okay?

• Thumb Down 2

55 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

People keep saying that the Oline needs to get fixed.  Like they were some kind of abomination.  We had injuries all over the place and they performed fairly well IMO.  Breece Hall was great, but they were certainly contributing to his offensive ROY push.  The problem is that we have to replace our starting C and LT (or RT, depends how you look at it).   We will also be installing a new OC and a new offensive line coach.  I think, just like the last couple of years everybody is going to be miserable until around week 4 when hopefully things start to come together.

Like you said 2 legit holes on the line… If the Jets sign a vet QB, I almost certainly see them drafting a LT or C early.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

What kind of dogs? Fiber is important to make solid Berrioss's's

Corgi and a German/Husky mix.   Great dogs.

Side note, I know some of the Berrios family.   One of the genuinely nicest families I have ever met, Dad, Mom, lil kids.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Taking the under on this team is almost always a good bet. This was the rare year it wasn’t.

We root for a joke franchise. Where do we come off talking crap about the Giants or any other team? 

It's fact that the AFC East isn't owned by any team right now. The Bills and Josh Allen are NOT the Brady/Belichick Patriots. Giants were playoff fodder, but I think Giants fans should feel great about Brian Daboll. Still doesn't change the fact the Giants still need a QB, just like the Jets this off-season. This off-season is going to be huge for everyone in the AFC East and the Giants. I'm hopeful the Jets can have another off-season like they did in 2022. I don't see how I am talking sh*t about anyone. I think Brian Daboll should win COY for getting that Giants team in the playoffs and beating the great Kirk Cousins was no small feat. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Good points.....plus we beat the Bills and Miami (albeit at home) with ZW under center. No Breece Hall for the BIlls win. And throw in a nice win at Lambeau Field against the vaunted Aaron Rogers. Watching Sauce Garner posing with that Cheese Head Hat was priceless, and shades of good things to come. We're definitely on the right track boys.

People dislike Zach so much that they ignore the Bills game when the Bills at that time were the hottest team in the NFL at that time.  We had no such wins in over almost a decade.

Big wins yes, signature wins no!!

Hopefully we will see yes we all are disappointed but that NO WE ARE NOT IN ADAM GASE TERRITORY!

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

Seriously what the actual eff is going on around here? Jets have a bottom 5 HC and worst QB room in the league and people doing victory laps lol. 

It is how we roll.

Throw in that we trash other players who are top tier while of course the team we root for has been on the golf course for weeks now