Do you feel better today?

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Corgi and a German/Husky mix.   Great dogs.

Side note, I know some of the Berrios family.   One of the genuinely nicest families I have ever met, Dad, Mom, lil kids.

Nice. Dogs are da bestest.

I have no doubt. I wish him well wherever he is playing next season. I hope his family is happy and healthy. Berrios the football player, absolutely sucks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

People dislike Zach so much that they ignore the Bills game when the Bills at that time were the hottest team in the NFL at that time.  We had no such wins in over almost a decade.

Big wins yes, signature wins no!!

Hopefully we will see yes we all are disappointed but that NO WE ARE NOT IN ADAM GASE TERRITORY!

I love Zach. 

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's fact that the AFC East isn't owned by any team right now. The Bills and Josh Allen are NOT the Brady/Belichick Patriots. Giants were playoff fodder, but I think Giants fans should feel great about Brian Daboll. Still doesn't change the fact the Giants still need a QB, just like the Jets this off-season. This off-season is going to be huge for everyone in the AFC East and the Giants. I'm hopeful the Jets can have another off-season like they did in 2022. I don't see how I am talking sh*t about anyone. I think Brian Daboll should win COY for getting that Giants team in the playoffs and beating the great Kirk Cousins was no small feat. 

You’re the one who brought up the Giants, not me. *shrug.

Here’s the deal with the AFCE imo… you’re wrong about the Bills. They’re the benchmark, and the only team in the division with any chance of taking them down is Miami, but even that’s unlikely because of their QB’s health concerns. The Jets and Patriots are below both, but Belichek is obviously vastly superior to Saleh. That’s why we’re a last place team.

This conversation all started because you listed about 5 “simple” fixes the Jets need to make this offseason to contend. If I remember right, they were a QB, an OL and an OCS (OC, QBC and WRC) and resign a guy looking to become the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Respectfully, I think you neglected to mention the WR2 and LBs and S we also need, but whatever. If you think it’s reasonable we can accomplish everything you did mention, and the other 3 teams regress, then yeah, we could compete for second in the division.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s the deal with the AFCE imo… you’re wrong about the Bills. They’re the benchmark, and the only team in the division with any chance of taking them down is Miami, but even that’s unlikely because of their QB’s health concerns. The Jets and Patriots are below both, but Belichek is obviously vastly superior to Saleh. That’s why we’re a last place team.

This conversation all started because you listed about 5 “simple” fixes the Jets need to make this offseason to contend. If I remember right, they were a QB, an OL and an OCS (OC, QBC and WRC) and resign a guy looking to become the highest paid defensive player in the league.

Respectfully, I think you neglected to mention the WR2 and LBs and S we also need, but whatever. If you think it’s reasonable we can accomplish everything you did mention, and the other 3 teams regress, then yeah, we could compete for second in the division.

Why would all 3 other teams have to regress for us to compete for 2nd? 

• Haha 2

The Patriots have a lot of cap space to use, have a very talented young D, and can only go up with an actual NFL level playcaller on O.  They will be better next year than they were this year.

Miami is a young very talented team, they're only going up.

Buffalo is the only team that might be hit slightly by FA and by capspace issues, although I think they will push that problem into the future and reload next year for another crack at it.  They are still the best team by far, are basically in their prime, the AFCE goes through them.

For all those reasons, I think the AFCE will still be one of the toughest divisions in football.

Not necessarily. It's gone how I suspected thus far. I thought the Bills would get bounced earlier in the playoffs until they drew the Dolphins. The AFC East will be an open competition every year, like most divisions are. The 20 year reign of terror that Tom Brady and the Patriots put us all through is the exception, not the rule.

The Bills championship window is open and it will close sooner or later. The one thing that the Bills have going for them is that they have a concrete QB in place until further notice, while I'm not sure anybody else in the AFC East does unless you think Tua has longevity.

The Bills are the best team in the division right now, with the Dolphins and Jets right behind them. The Patriots, while they do beat the crap out of the Jets on the regular, feel further away because they cannot hang with the Bills while the Jets and Dolphins most definitely can.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s the deal with the AFCE imo… you’re wrong about the Bills. They’re the benchmark, and the only team in the division with any chance of taking them down is Miami, but even that’s unlikely because of their QB’s health concerns.

The Jets and Patriots are below both, but Belichek is obviously vastly superior to Saleh. This conversation all started because you listed about 5 major fixes the Jets need to make this offseason to contend. If I remember right, they were a QB, an OL and an OCS (OC, QBC and WRC) and resign a guy looking to become the highest paid defensive player in the league.

All I'm saying is the Bills are not a team that's going to have a stranglehold on the division like the Patriots did when they were essentially a dynasty with Brady and Belichick. Yes, the Bills, who recently won the AFC East are the team to beat. As for the Dolphins, they're screwed with or without Tua. Bottom line the Dolphins need a QB who can finish a regular season. You seem to think they're going to land Lamar Jackson and he will put up "video game numbers" - a declining running back who's played less games than Tua these past two seasons. The fact is this off-season will determine who wins the AFC East.

Jets with a viable starter and seasoned OC win 11 to 12 games instead of 7 in 2022. With an average quarterback and seasoned OC, tell me the 2022 Jets don't at least split with the Patriots and get a W in at least 3 out of these 5 games: Vikings, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and last game vs Dolphins. 7-11 turns into 11-7. With an 11-7 record the Jets are in the playoffs likely getting eliminated in the divisional round, but the outlook is so much better looking.

This off-season the Jets can find a viable QB1 (Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, Baker Mayfield, or Gardner Minshew) without giving up any draft picks. They Jets can find an OC who can make our offense respectable to compliment a dominant defense. The offensive line can be patched together through three avenues: health, free agency, and draft. You act like the Jets need to win the lottery to achieve their goals - the dark sider view. I'm not saying they Jets are going to win the Super Bowl, but next season the Jets have an avenue to get in the playoffs and be a threat to win the division. I did NOT mention every small tweak to the Jets roster that will need to be addressed to make the team stronger. I mentioned the BIGGEST areas of need that will have the greatest impact on next season. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that Lions game...another winnable game in 2022 with better offense. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I looked at the standings. They were all better than us this past season.

Oh, wait I forgot… we’re the Jets. We’ll get better, and they won’t. Silly me.

I have no idea what this means.  The Bills could improve and go 17-0.  If the other two regress we would still compete for 2nd place, no?  #math

Honestly, I liked seeing the Chargers lose. I liked seeing the Hawks lose (Geno).

I liked seeing the Viking lose (after Berrios dropped that TD pass). I liked seeing the Dolphins lose (for obvious reasons). 

I liked seeing the Giants lose (NY rival). I liked seeing the Bucs lose (Brady).

I liked seeing the Jags lose (TL). I liked seeing the Bills lose (Allen). 

Now I just want to see the Niners lose so I don't have to hear about Brock Purdy anymore and how the Jets could have drafted a QB late and developed him and had been in the exact same situation as the 49ers lmfao. 

ice-t hater GIF

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I heard Josh Allen was this obese kid who got picked on a ton. Then he went from sad to mad and decided to do something about it. He hit the weight room and turned that doughy body into what it is today making his arm into the rocket it is today. He then started running to defy the odds and making his big body capable of running so well that you even credit him in your post. Josh Allen really cultivated that skill huh. You could say, he nurtured himself into the talented freak he is today. 

Yeah.  That rocket arm (inaccurate, but still a cannon) came from him getting picked on.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

What's new, you're always down on the Jets before the season starts. I believe you had the "under" on 6 wins last off-season. But god forbid we talk crap about your dad's Giants.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Taking the under on this team is always a good bet. This was the rare year it wasn’t.

We root for a joke franchise. Where do we come off talking crap about the Giants or any other team? 

BTW the Giants have a QB, an elite LT and a terrific CS. Call me when we get those, okay?

At least our QB isn't going to be Baker Mayfield!  

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Breece Hall is the best player in the division. Once he's back, we have the best team in the division. 

/Hot Take

I recall during the draft a LOT of bills fans were really mad when they passed on Breece Hall, and then the Jets took him. Breece Hall is all the Bills needed to win that snow-fest game, probably easily. I'm glad we got him!

• Upvote 1

I don't feel better, my team did not get a chance to play today. Then the 2 teams I wanted to move forward, got bounced. So not feeling better, kind of have no care for next week or the Super Bowl at this point.

Once again, same teams San Fran, KC, Cincy.

I'm rooting for Philly to win it all now.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm my brother I am not going to say anything more than you be here right now as far as this board goes....  :) 

giphy.gif

Remember this moment. Remember me when the resurgence happens and the fakers come out and pretend they were with me. 

Me at the weekly Zach Wilson fan club meet up.

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Much of the narrative through the season was "how tough" the AFC East was. 

In the last few weeks we witnessed the Patriots missing the playoffs with a Mac Jones in decline, an absolute free fall by the Dolphins only to be quickly eliminated the first game in and maybe more importnatly a Bills team with Josh Allen who can never seem to seize the moment in the big game. 

Is it just me or does winning the Division not seem such a tough task anymore? 

Was feeling great. But with all the rain, my NY pretzel was soggy. You have any ideas of where I can get a fresh one ? Even if you don’t know, a fake video describing the exact location would be great. 

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I think it'll still be tough. Bills will still be good. NE will always play tough. I think Tua is done, but Miami will always be up and down division game. So....don't think anything changed really.

Tua is a long ways from being done...wishful thinking though. 

15 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Maybe. Just feel like if he wants to actually live a long healthy life and not turn into mush, then maybe should consider a change. But whatevs. We'll see. 

I get it.

What's left out is he's really in the minority when it comes to concussion's in the NFL...Helmet to helmet...jack him up...all things that use to get fans motivated back in the day...like ten years ago...lol

Maybe we should outlaw boxing as well...

On 1/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, kevinc855 said:

Much of the narrative through the season was "how tough" the AFC East was. 

In the last few weeks we witnessed the Patriots missing the playoffs with a Mac Jones in decline, an absolute free fall by the Dolphins only to be quickly eliminated the first game in and maybe more importnatly a Bills team with Josh Allen who can never seem to seize the moment in the big game. 

Is it just me or does winning the Division not seem such a tough task anymore? 

Seriously?

The Jets improve from 2 to 4 to 7 wins in 2022. JD significantly improves the roster adding a top flight RB, capable TEs, a stud WR, a few pass rushers, and two top CBs, plus a kicker.  The Jets play meaningful games through December.  By many metrics, the Jets are one of the top defensive teams in the NFL and the improvement in point differential is significant.  The offense is also better (until a bunch of injuries to a number of key players derails the offense.  The Jets beat Buffalo and Miami and play one score games in 3 other division losses, all of which could have gone either way.  A playoff spot was likely lost on two plays - the roughing the passer penalty vs the Pats and the Detroit TD on 4th and 1.  

Yet you rant and rave all season long, want to fire everyone, and almost physically assault the GM.

Now, based on two events -

1)the Jets hire a new OC who ran the absolute worst offense in the NFL last season and has a spotty history and

2) rumors that the Jets may trade a bushel of draft picks for a 39 year old QB coming off his worst season in 15+ years and who has a bloated contract (that will require some key player cuts to fit him under the cap) and doesn't seem sure about playing football any more

You now become a fan boy.  

I felt better about the team a month ago than I do now.  Today is not a good day IMO.  This fan base mystifies me.  Young players and new coaches and GMs "stink" but bring someone in who was great years ago and they are convinced that past success means future performance based solely on the name.  I've seen this movie before, and it doesn't end well.  Father Time never loses.  I hope I have the wrong movie in mind, but the number of times 1) new coaches revert to form and 2) old men who are brought here do not find past glory, I don't think either Hackett or  Rodgers or both are going to move the needle up  at all and will likely derail what was being built here if only the owner and the fans were just a bit more patient and not distracted by every shiny object in their field of vision.

• Upvote 1