What will Aaron Rodgers cost via trade?

Morrissey

Coming off his worst QB rating of his career

Coming off more ints thrown other than his 1st year starting.

Coming off his worst yards passing per game of his career.

Coming of his worst year for longest pass of the year since starting.

Coming off 8 fumbles on the year his worst in about 7 years.

Gaudy passing yard stats of 205, 159, 238, 229, 182, 140 7 tds, 5 ints in those last 6 games

Russel Wilson vibes.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

Coming off 8 fumbles on the year hie worst in about 7 years.
Gaudy passing yard stats of 205, 159, 238, 229, 182, 140 7 tds, 5 ints in those last 6 games
Russel Wilson vibes.

Coming off playing with the worst talent that has ever surrounded him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Ah yes we all like great Qbs that cannot win without all pros all over the place.

The team is coming off of back to back 13 win seasons.  Have two great rbs in Aaron Jones and Dillion, a great rookie play maker in christian Watson, a decent oline.  The 6th ranked defense in yards.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Russel Wilson vibes.

Zach Wilson would sacrifice a MILF in a ‘60’s ritual for those numbers. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

WTF does "no accountability " even mean???? I keep hearing that and I have no idea what it has to do with running a football team.  

It means making a change at QB during both NE games where it was clear as day Zach Wilson had no idea what he was doing and was single-handedly ruining the game.  It also means criticizing players and coaches who deserve criticism.

Garrett Wilson gave a few postgame interviews that outlined accountability.  Zach’s “did you let the defense down” comment became a fiasco because it showed no accountability.  For the amount of losses the team had down the stretch (which led to a complete meltdown of a season), Saleh never stood in front of the media without sugarcoating every possible fault of the team.

This season was a collapse from everyone involved and should have been stated as such by Saleh.  It was a failure and whatever positives occurred should never have been mentioned throughout the postgames/ end of season conferences, etc.  Missing the playoffs should be more than “disappointing”.  It should be unacceptable.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Russel Wilson vibes.

He lost Davante Adams and was throwing to a bunch of rookies

On 1/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

I don’t think it would be one team bidding against themselves for more Rodgers, so the price could escalate.

If you were JD and the price was 2 1sts or no deal do you pay?  I think so.   It’s playoffs or no job this next season.  

Great point.  If the Jets don't improve from this past season Saleh is likely gone.  Why would he care about future draft picks knowing this?  This year's  first round pick is a premium pick.  This plus something else should get it done.

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Ahh so now we are using the Darnold Excuse for Aaron Rodgers . If I never watched another NFL team like some here I would be under the impression that elite QB's make sh*tty rosters so much better guess I must have heard that sh*t wrong. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Chris Simms and the Zach Cucks would literally sell their souls for Zach to look anywhere near as good as Rodgers did last year throwing to a washed Sammy Watkins and a bunch of rookies

A "washed up" Aaron Rodgers on a bad team with no weapons had what was the average Derek Carr year that people have been going crazy over around here.

• Upvote 3

Where I am with Rodgers is:

-- Would be thrill of a Jet-fan lifetime for 1 year, at least

-- But 1 year might be all you get

-- Basically if you do this, you have to win it all in '23

-- It's ironic that keeping LaFleur would have made for a relatively easy transition for Rodgers.  Same offense.  Matt and Mike are literally brothers.  Would have made it so easy for Mike to adjust to and learn Rodgers.

-- Asking Rodgers to learn an entirely new offense would be stupid.  And they are going to have to hire an OC before they know if Rodgers is gettable.  When Brady switched to Tampa, he spent all offseason throwing to studs Evans and Godwin, and the offense still didn't hit its stride til late in the season.  Rodgers at this point is a guy who won't do OTAs and would spend as little time around the facility as possible. 

• Upvote 1

And now... Look who suggests Rodgers to the Jets: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/stephen-a-smith-wants-to-see-1-nfl-team-trade-for-aaron-rodgers/ar-AA16JI9g?cvid=947161397449441fb251e821f5b9a2f3

"Stephen A. Smith Wants To See 1 NFL Team Trade For Aaron Rodgers"

"On First Take Wednesday morning, Smith outlined his case for why the Jets would be a good trade fit for the four-time NFL MVP, starting with a supporting cast that includes 2022 draft picks Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson and a strong defensive unit.

"I like the thought of him in a New York Jets uniform, you know why?" Smith said. "Because I like what Douglas and Saleh have put around the quarterback spot."

Smith also said that he feels the New York media environment would hold Rodgers accountable more than the one in Wisconsin has, which could have a positive impact on how the quarterback plays."

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Ahh so now we are using the Darnold Excuse for Aaron Rodgers . If I never watched another NFL team like some here I would be under the impression that elite QB's make sh*tty rosters so much better guess I must have heard that sh*t wrong. 

To be clear..... you are saying Aaron Rodger would not be a massive upgrade and is washed up and done ..right ?

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Man, idiotic garbage like this should be auto-deleted from Twitter…

I mean get real.  Why not throw in Woody’s entire net worth in while they’re at it.

Dude is 40 and might have 0 good years left.

I can’t wait till Douglas absolutely murders this trade and see Packer fans shrivel up and cry about it. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Man, idiotic garbage like this should be auto-deleted from Twitter…

I mean get real.  Why not throw in Woody’s entire net worth in while they’re at it.

Dude is 40 and might have 0 good years left.

If this were to happen, Rodgers would get hurt and miss the entire season, and the Packers would end up with Caleb Williams to go along with Sauce, QW and this year's 1st rounder.

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I can’t wait till Douglas absolutely murders this trade and see Packer fans shrivel up and cry about it. 

I feel like Woody might be pulling the rug out from under JD with the "would happily pay that price (of 2 first rounders)".  Is that something Woody has actually made public or is the sports media putting words in his mouth?  I know Woody said he'd spend on a QB but I thought that might be in relation to paying the signing bonus money of like $100M.

2 first rounders seems awfully steep.  And if they get that, they're probably going to want (and might get) even more.  

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like Woody might be pulling the rug out from under JD with the "would happily pay that price (of 2 first rounders)".  Is that something Woody has actually made public or is the sports media putting words in his mouth?  I know Woody said he'd spend on a QB but I thought that might be in relation to paying the signing bonus money of like $100M.

2 first rounders seems awfully steep.  And if they get that, they're probably want (and might get) even more.  

Seems like it's speculation. Kinda like the initial rumors we heard about Deshaun Watson. If we miss on Carr I'd get more aggressive for sure though.

26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

To be clear..... you are saying Aaron Rodger would not be a massive upgrade and is washed up and done ..right ?

absolutely not ...If you read my post last FA period I wanted Rodgers then before GB extended him to give Zach 2 - 3 years to play under him . Now Im not so sure. To be clear Rodgers is one of my favorite players but the cost is going to hurt us . GB is going to want picks if you look at the way his contract is currently structured . You want to dump first rounders into Rodgers he comes here for a year is not happy with the situation and retires have a look at what that does to us as a team. 

21 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It means making a change at QB during both NE games where it was clear as day Zach Wilson had no idea what he was doing and was single-handedly ruining the game.  It also means criticizing players and coaches who deserve criticism.

Garrett Wilson gave a few postgame interviews that outlined accountability.  Zach’s “did you let the defense down” comment became a fiasco because it showed no accountability.  For the amount of losses the team had down the stretch (which led to a complete meltdown of a season), Saleh never stood in front of the media without sugarcoating every possible fault of the team.

This season was a collapse from everyone involved and should have been stated as such by Saleh.  It was a failure and whatever positives occurred should never have been mentioned throughout the postgames/ end of season conferences, etc.  Missing the playoffs should be more than “disappointing”.  It should be unacceptable.

There was no way Wilson should have been benched in the first NE game.  The Jets had won 4 straight with Wilson at QB.  That's revisionist history.  I  give you that he should have been benched in the second NE game, but I understand why he wasn't.  Wilson was benched after that game and likely would not have taken another snap but for the White injury. 

There is no way in the world Saleh should criticize a player publicly.  What does that accomplish?  Criticism should take place behind closed doors at the facility.  It is not Saleh's job to make you happy be publicly validating your beliefs regarding certain  players.  And some coaches don't criticize the team publicly either.  Same issue - what does that accomplish?  If you don't think Saleh and Douglas know the team collapsed and have analyzed the reasons why, I don't know what to tell you. What does yelling at the team in public do other than make you feel good.  

I don't agree that, under the circumstances, missing the playoffs was unacceptable. The Jets had no QB and no OL for over half the season.  I'm not accepting losing. I'm being realistic.  Turning over the front office and CS every 2-3 years is not how you build a winner.  

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Rodgers literally said that big pharma has a conspiracy against him so he's gonna come work for Woody Johnson? Well.. actually sounds about right for him..

Yeah, that would make for an interesting welcome press conference.

First question (Rich Cimini): Welcome to New York, Aaron. Do you believe that the owner of your new team has peddled poison for profit, and has been complicit in the Big Pharma conspiracy against you?

• Haha 1

Rodgers would be worth 2 first round picks. Put him on the Jets this season and we still might be playing. He played this season with a broken thumb and virtually no weapons and still had a season that would probably rate as one of the top 5 seasons for a QB in Jets history (even though it was a down season by Rodgers standards).

• More Ugh 1

getting rodgers over here is gonna cost the #13 pick and probably a future conditional pick that can be as high as a 2nd. and honestly.....the jets have a top defense and a nice stable offensive weapons. rodgers and a commitment to the oline turns this team into a legit championship contender. it's worth the price. you also try to acquire his predecessor during his time here. someone who can sit and learn behind him for 2 years.