What will Aaron Rodgers cost via trade?

Morrissey

The suggested price for Rodgers is steep, no doubt, especially for a guy who might only play one or two more years.

I'd hope that the Jets and Packers could work out a fair deal, that compensates Green Bay fairly for one of the best QBs in NFL history (albeit one nearing the end of his career), but also offers the Jets some protection in case Rodgers decides to retire after year one.

Two firsts doesn't scare me, though I wouldn't want to pay two firsts for a one-year rental. If it's two firsts on the condition that Rodgers plays at least 2 years, with appropriate draft pick compensation back to the Jets if he doesn't, then that would be fair for all parties.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Here's my question, 

Why would Rodgers want this?

He's not getting more money. He's not getting an easier path to the SB 

What's in it for Aaron Rodgers? Honestly? 

I don’t think this Rodgers to the Jets stuff is real at all. The roster isn’t there. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Here's my question, 

Why would Rodgers want this?

He's not getting more money. He's not getting an easier path to the SB 

What's in it for Aaron Rodgers? Honestly? 

Rodgers has been publicly saying the insurance/pharmaceutical  companies are out to get him so he and Woody JOHNSON seem destined to be together. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean we have a top defense. You add Rodgers and get a WR like DHop or OBJ as well you’re telling me that team can’t compete for a superbowl?

If I were Aaron Rodgers' agent I'd be worried about the offensive line. The jets have a few wide outs at least 

I don't think Rodgers has a choice.  He does not have a no trade clause.

If he wants to go along with a trade, he can amend his contract to make things a bit easier for the team that trades for him.

This was a terrible contract for the Packers.  The Jets can pick the number they will pay Rodgers, if he plays, but there can't be a wipeout if he retires.

I would not give up the 13 pick for him.  GB can get conditional picks, depending on how long Rodgers plays and how well the Jets do.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Is GB roster worse than the Jets? 

They have a better offensive line 

you are the roster expert not me.  

what i do know is that head to head we did fine beating them even with our crappy QB.

also, the packers had one more win then the jets.  but our SOS was the hardest in the league according to what i read

so i'd say we are on par with them ex QB and with QB flipped we would be much better.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

still think he should try to get to Tenn.  Easier path to superbowl i think.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Is GB roster worse than the Jets? 

They have a better offensive line 

Ok, are you going to expound or just ignore the other 16 or so players on the field. 

The Jets won 7 games with no QB. The packers won 8 with Rodgers. 

Pretty sure there is a reason for this and I'm guessing it's not because we had a better offensive coordinator......

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, football guy said:

What does Schefter know… ? 

His reaction is kind of interesting in my opinion. I personally feel like talks are ongoing between the two teams. I feel like, very rarely, is there this much smoke without a fire burning. These rumors are everywhere now. 

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I've seen interest from GB fans in one of our WRs (Davis or Moore) as part of a deal so here's something that seems palatable.

• 2023 2nd
  • Corey Davis 
  • Conditional 2024 pick
    • 3rd if he isn't on the roster at start of league year
    • 2nd if he is but no playoffs in 2023
    • 1st if we make playoffs in 2023

So worst case, we make the playoffs and keep him for the 2nd year.  I can live with giving up a 1st in 2024 in that case.  Otherwise, it was a gamble that didn't quite pay off but didn't cost us terribly much.

Love this but I'm guessing the packers will insist on this year's 1st.

I don't think they get 2 1sts as has been speculated. 

The fact that Hackett signed here so fast leads me to think there is already a framework for a deal. 

Packers want to give Love a chance while he's still on his rookie deal. Makes too much sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Love this but I'm guessing the packers will insist on this year's 1st.

I don't think they get 2 1sts as has been speculated. 

The fact that Hackett signed here so fast leads me to think there is already a framework for a deal. 

Packers want to give Love a chance while he's still on his rookie deal. Makes too much sense. 

Id really hate to give up this years first, but for Rodgers you gotta do it.

JD has had a way of really making some outstanding trades however. Hopefully he can pull another rabbit out of the hat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

His reaction is kind of interesting in my opinion. I personally feel like talks are ongoing between the two teams. I feel like, very rarely, is there this much smoke without a fire burning. These rumors are everywhere now. 

I think a lot of it is flirting and conjecture right now. There is no doubt in my mind that Rodgers is on their mind. Just understanding what they want to build, what Douglas/Saleh value, what ownership wants, the Rodgers interest makes so much sense on so many levels. But I think it’s one sided right now… There will be some real talks next week at the senior bowl to get a sense where the packers stand and what they would want if they were to trade him. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mrcoops said:

The suggested price for Rodgers is steep, no doubt, especially for a guy who might only play one or two more years.

I'd hope that the Jets and Packers could work out a fair deal, that compensates Green Bay fairly for one of the best QBs in NFL history (albeit one nearing the end of his career), but also offers the Jets some protection in case Rodgers decides to retire after year one.

Two firsts doesn't scare me, though I wouldn't want to pay two firsts for a one-year rental. If it's two firsts on the condition that Rodgers plays at least 2 years, with appropriate draft pick compensation back to the Jets if he doesn't, then that would be fair for all parties.

The 13 pick sucks this year. It’s ILB and SS territory. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The 13 pick sucks this year. It’s ILB and SS territory. 

In my opinion that’s not a fair statement The pick no matter where it is. is whatever the player turns out to be. Be it #2 Zach Wilson or #262 Brock Purdy 

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

In my opinion that’s not a fair statement The pick no matter where it is. is whatever the player turns out to be. Be it #2 Zach Wilson or #262 Brock Purdy 

Well yeah, but the guy you get at 43 has as much of a chance as being good as the guy you get at 13. You’re into blind luck territory this year

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I’ve heard and read that two firsts wouldn’t happen. There isn’t a huge market for Rodgers and his salary, and the Packers are motivated to move him because they want to give Jordan Love some runway to seize the job. I’ve seen in a few places it’d be a one plus a conditional second day pick if he wins MVP again or whatever.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Deal the 2nd rounder, then trade back from 13.  

I think the Packers would want the ‘24 first rounder in the event that Rodgers sucks or gets hurt and they’d be in position to draft Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. Jets should protect the ‘24 first for the same reason. Give them this year’s