What will Aaron Rodgers cost via trade?

Morrissey

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

1980s -Boomer

1990s - Favre

late 1990s - Testaverde

early 2000s - Neil O'donnell

2010s - Flacco

How many freaking times is the team going to bring in a re-tread way past their prime? Do they want to win a championship or fill a few more seats with a name?

Lol are you serious with this timeline?

I would personally rather Lamar Jackson over anyone remotely available. I don’t get why I’m in such the minority. 
Because LJ will.be injured half his career and hold the teams nuts over the fire every chance he gets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I might be off/mixed time periods up but my point still stands, all were re-treads/over the hill players that did not do much to get the team to a SB. Will you be commenting on my grammar next?
I understand your worry .. but all you gotta do is look to TB for an example of the elder statesman's success. Montana with the chiefs ... I'm sure there are a few other success stories out there.

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Woody has no association with Johnson & Johnson other than familial relation. He worked there as an intern for one summer when he was young. He made his initial fortune in cable/telecom, bought the Jets, and has been an asset manager, philanthropist, and political lobbier on the side. Then naturally became Ambassador, but otherwise no ties to vaccine profiteering

He made his initial fortune in inheritance. Johnson and Johnson money.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, football guy said:

Woody has no association with Johnson & Johnson other than familial relation. He worked there as an intern for one summer when he was young. He made his initial fortune in cable/telecom, bought the Jets, and has been an asset manager, philanthropist, and political lobbier on the side. Then naturally became Ambassador, but otherwise no ties to vaccine profiteering

Yea, 10 million is surely the bulk of his fortune.. rofl. 

25 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yea, 10 million is surely the bulk of his fortune.. rofl. 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

He made his initial fortune in inheritance. Johnson and Johnson money.

Naturally he comes from a lot of money, but he was never involved in the Johnson & Johnson business other than receiving an inheritance/dividend. Basically he used what he had to be an unfocused entrepreneur finding any kind of investment he could to invest in whether it was real estate, construction, telecommunications, etc. His first big deal on his own was via American Video Corp which paid out something around $10 million in the early 80s. Naturally he leveraged that sale to start a new venture, The Johnson Company, a private wealth & asset management firm. He made savvy investments all through the 80s-90s, many of which in real estate investments with Trump and the LeFraks, which quintupled his wealth in addition to all the others assets he was managing.

I'm sure he has money invested in JNJ (every major mutual fund does), but by no means has he ever been involved with that business in any operational manner... if he even owns stock in JNJ, it couldn't be anything more than 0.00000000000000001% of the company. Not to mention, vaccine sales account for about 0.003% of J&J's overall valuation. 

Point being: Aaron Rodgers stance on vaccines should have zero impact on his willingness to work the franchise owned by Woody Johnson.

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:17 AM, Larz said:

Rodgers and Brady are washed and wouldn’t come here anyway. Rodgers wants 50 million lol. 

I can see Rodgers coming here. And I can see Woody paying him. We have Breece, G Wilson, Moore, 2 decent TE’s, Bam, AVT, Becton, Mims (could be a weapon if used correctly), draft picks, FA money, a young defense that showed major progress. Those are intangible assets for a guy like Rodgers to go all in on. He’s been biatching in Green Bay last few years because they haven’t supported him offensively and their D sucks. He’s done there. And he’s not retiring. He’s going to a team with potential, with weapons in place, with a defense that has a chance to be dominant. We have all the ingredients. He can force his way out of Green Bay at this point and we can offer pretty much the same deal we made for Farve. Do your thang JD, just don’t get hoodwinked.  

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Naturally he comes from a lot of money, but he was never involved in the Johnson & Johnson business other than receiving an inheritance/dividend. Basically he used what he had to be an unfocused entrepreneur finding any kind of investment he could to invest in whether it was real estate, construction, telecommunications, etc. His first big deal on his own was via American Video Corp which paid out something around $10 million in the early 80s. Naturally he leveraged that sale to start a new venture, The Johnson Company, a private wealth & asset management firm. He made savvy investments all through the 80s-90s, many of which in real estate investments with Trump and the LeFraks, which quintupled his wealth in addition to all the others assets he was managing.

I'm sure he has money invested in JNJ (every major mutual fund does), but by no means has he ever been involved with that business in any operational manner... if he even owns stock in JNJ, it couldn't be anything more than 0.00000000000000001% of the company. Not to mention, vaccine sales account for about 0.003% of J&J's overall valuation. 

Point being: Aaron Rodgers stance on vaccines should have zero impact on his willingness to work the franchise owned by Woody Johnson.

I got to wash my hands just reading this. 

• Haha 2

Do the Packers really have any leverage here?  They need to play Love before his rookie contract is up and they want the Rodgers' money off the books.  I would not give them anything close to what they want.

Maybe a 2nd in 2024 and a 2nd in 2025.  The 2025 2nd can become a 1st if Rodgers brings the Jets to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

First of all “playing in New York” used to be a big issue cause it was in the spotlight and you had a lot of eyes on you. Now with the internet and modern times everyone sees your every move no matter what city you’re in

totally true. I was also stating that that from the Hudson Valley to the NJ shore, and out to Long Island, this region stacks up better in terms of the quality of outdoors life, nature, folksy people, and space to live privately -- especially if you are wealthy. 

Aaron Rodgers doesn't have to live in Tribeca or Brooklyn Heights...

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I understand your worry .. but all you gotta do is look to TB for an example of the elder statesman's success. Montana with the chiefs ... I'm sure there are a few other success stories out there.

At those times, TB and JM still had gas in their tanks, and no rational follower of the NFL is going to compare TB or JM to Neil O'Donnell, Boomer, or Joe Flacco.

6 hours ago, football guy said:

Another take: people say Rodgers won’t want to play in NY. Do these people realize that this guy gets off at being in the spotlight and combatting with his adversaries? His ego is incredibly enormous and he welcomes the critics- it motivates him.

Yeah, I keep seeing the take about how the NYJ media apparatus is so combative and tough, like it’s 1986 and everyone in the tri-state is locked in to getting their information from the NYDN and the Post. Has anyone (like Albright) seen a picture of the Jets beat these days? It’s a toned-down Cimini and a pack of 28 year olds desperate for access. Most of that group are stenographers, and the two young guys actually trying to provide content—Rosenblatt and Hughes—aren’t exactly Woodward and Bernstein, and Hackett will buy those two off with a few buddy-buddy tweets from his burner. I’m sure Rodgers will have to endure the occasional concern-troll piece from someone parachuting in from The Atlantic or the Times Sunday section, but I think the Jets will weather that pretty easily. The guy who would melt down simply by virtue of the volume of media in his face would be Carr, who has played his entire career in a news desert. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I keep seeing the take about how the NYJ media apparatus is so combative and tough, like it’s 1986 and everyone in the tri-state is locked in to getting their information from the NYDN and the Post. Has anyone (like Albright) seen a picture of the Jets beat these days? It’s a toned-down Cimini and a pack of 28 year olds desperate for access. Most of that group are stenographers, and the two young guys actually trying to provide content—Rosenblatt and Hughes—aren’t exactly Woodward and Bernstein, and Hackett will buy those two off with a few buddy-buddy tweets from his burner. I’m sure Rodgers will have to endure the occasional concern-troll piece from someone parachuting in from The Atlantic or the Times Sunday section, but I think the Jets will weather that pretty easily. The guy who would melt down simply by virtue of the volume of media in his face would be Carr, who has played his entire career in a news desert. 

Hughes was creaming over watching Aaron Rodgers play pitch and catch before practice.

Imagine him watching Rodgers on gameday:

AdmirableUnlawfulAfricanfisheagle-size_r

• Upvote 1

Current Contract

Aaron Rodgers signed a 3 year, $150,815,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $40,800,000 signing bonus, $150,815,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $50,271,667. In 2023, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $1,165,000, a signing bonus of $58,300,000 and a workout bonus of $50,000, while carrying a cap hit of $31,623,568 and a dead cap value of $99,778,568.

CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $150,815,000 SIGNING BONUS$40,800,000 AVERAGE SALARY$50,271,667 GTD AT SIGN:$101,515,000 TOTAL GTD:$150,815,000 FREE AGENT:2025 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER OPTION WORKOUT RESTRUCTURE CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH
2022 Contract details by year 39 $1,150,000 $24,481,569 - - $50,000 $2,852,000 $28,533,569 $151,047,137 $42,000,000($42,000,000)  
2023 Contract details by year 40 $1,165,000 $12,981,568 - $14,575,000 $50,000 $2,852,000 $31,623,568 $99,778,568 $59,515,000($101,515,000)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $101,515,000; $24,480,000 DEAD CAP

2024 Contract details by year 41 $2,250,000 $8,160,000 - $30,241,667 $50,000 - $40,701,667 $24,480,000 $49,300,000($150,815,000)
2025 Contract details by year 42 $15,850,000 $8,160,000 $5,000,000 $30,241,667 $50,000 - $59,301,667 $16,320,000 $20,900,000($171,715,000)
2026 Contract details by year 43 $10,000,000 $8,160,000 $5,000,000 $30,241,667 $50,000 - $53,451,667 $8,160,000 $15,050,000($186,765,000)

12 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

1980s -Boomer

1990s - Favre

late 1990s - Testaverde

2010s - Flacco

How many freaking times is the team going to bring in a re-tread way past their prime? Do they want to win a championship or fill a few more seats with a name?

I never understand why people make these lists.  They literally mean nothing.  You could say the same sh*t about why we shouldn't draft a QB(Zach, Sam, Sanchez).  The past means nothing, because not all Jets teams are created equal, and not all veteran QBs at the time of their move are created equal.  It's the same reason why anyone saying we should trade Quinnen because of Mo Wilk is someone who should not be taken seriously.  

Don't get me wrong - I'd prefer a cheap, short term option - keep our picks - and then try to draft our next guy in 2024, but writing Rodgers off because these other guys didn't bring in a Championship(Vinny damn near did) is kind of silly.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do the Packers really have any leverage here?  They need to play Love before his rookie contract is up and they want the Rodgers' money off the books.  I would not give them anything close to what they want.

Maybe a 2nd in 2024 and a 2nd in 2025.  The 2025 2nd can become a 1st if Rodgers brings the Jets to the playoffs.

This.  And even though he doesn't have a no-trade, Rodgers still pretty much controls where he goes.  Dude can just say he'll retire if he doesn't go to X places.  He already said he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild, which eliminates a good fraction of the teams looking for QBs.  I think the 2 1st rounder estimate is going to be way off.  Maybe 2 2nds, but that's about it.  

As far as that condition on your 2025 pick, I'd probably make it dependent on a SB appearance, but overall I'd be OK with it. 

10 hours ago, football guy said:

Yes, because Rodgers is hypocritical. Not whatever insane knots you're trying to make that Woody's fortune isn't from J&J

• Upvote 1

This is where I am confused. Green Bay's D finished middle of the pack - around 17 in most categories. If Rogers still wants to play, why not stay in GB? Sure the Jets D was better last season, but it doesn't mean they will be markedly better than GB's D next season, and GB has 2 very good RBs along with a young WR corps that Rodgers seemed to do well with down the stretch. I guess what I am saying is why would Rodgers think the Jets who will be missing the draft picks it takes to acquire Rodgers are greener pastures than GB? Plus I gotta think the path to the SB is easier in the NFC considering the QB's he'd have to beat to make the SB.... Stafford and who else? Hurts, Cousins, Goff, Geno?? Who does he have to beat in the AFC? A murderers row of Mahomes, Burrows and Allen with Lawrence and Herbert coming on strong. 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

1980s -Boomer

1990s - Favre

late 1990s - Testaverde

2010s - Flacco

you drunk typing this?

11 hours ago, football guy said:

He owns 1.5 million shares in J&J as well as a dividend bonus

40 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is where I am confused. Green Bay's D finished middle of the pack - around 17 in most categories. If Rogers still wants to play, why not stay in GB? Sure the Jets D was better last season, but it doesn't mean they will be markedly better than GB's D next season, and GB has 2 very good RBs along with a young WR corps that Rodgers seemed to do well with down the stretch. I guess what I am saying is why would Rodgers think the Jets who will be missing the draft picks it takes to acquire Rodgers are greener pastures than GB? Plus I gotta think the path to the SB is easier in the NFC considering the QB's he'd have to beat to make the SB.... Stafford and who else? Hurts, Cousins, Goff, Geno?? Who does he have to beat in the AFC? A murderers row of Mahomes, Burrows and Allen with Lawrence and Herbert coming on strong. 

If anything I think competing against these guys would be a reason for why he WOULD want to come here.  He strikes me as that type of dude, at least.

...and I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall in GB.  One team is trending up while the other is trending down.  They are weaker in every single area outside of the OL, which probably won't be the case for long if we do indeed spend our 13th on another OT.  Our D is vastly superior and our weapons are vastly superior.  Seems pretty cut and dry to me.  

I know it's easy to go out of our way to manufacture reasons why good things won't happen for us, but this is one of those situations where it actually kind of makes sense.  

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why are you assuming the trade is Rodgers decision? The team is shopping him because they drafted Love and think he's ready and Rodgers is old, talks about retirement every year and has a big contract. Love is reportedly going to ask for a trade if Rodgers doesn't retire and the Packers don't trade him.

15 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

1980s -Boomer

1990s - Favre

late 1990s - Testaverde

2010s - Flacco

Are you comparing Boomer, Testaverde , O Donnell and Flacco to Aaron Rodgers? Are you saying these guys are similar? At any point in their careers? 

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He owns 1.5 million shares in J&J as well as a dividend bonus

I don't think that's accurate. The way I understand it, there is a family trust + foundation in place that owns those shares, not Woody Johnson, and their family is pretty massive. If he owned it, he'd be the second largest individual shareholder in the company. 

Obviously he was born into wealth and could've lived as an extremely wealthy man doing nothing all his life. Difference between him and his 4 siblings is that Woody was constantly investing and leveraging his wealth, whereas his other siblings were comfortable with what they had, sticking primarily to philanthropy. 

Either way, the over-arching point is that Aaron Rodgers stance on vaccines will have zero impact. Woody Johnson is not affiliated with the J&J business other than his share of ownership in funds. Politics? That's a different story, but Rodgers has become far more conservative over the years. 

• Upvote 1

i dont get the argument of rodgers will not come here because of Woody and vaccines etc. 

Rodgers if he wants to continue to play and if GB wants to move him is going to follow money and an opportunity to win. I highly doubt if he feels the Jets are the best fit he will reject it because of J&J.

I work for a major bank and unless I was a member of Congress or the Senate, I am in the next most corrupt industry out there. I don't quit my job because of that. I show up, collect a paycheck, hopefully save money and prepare to retire.

I can't control the banks ethics and that is simply not a factor.