What will Aaron Rodgers cost via trade?

Morrissey

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

“Committed to adding a vet QB”

Not a ton of options, frankly, in the market 

Starting to think this Rodgers thing might actually happen 

There’s actually an unusual amount of options of guys with a lot of starts. Rodgers, Carr, jimmy g, brissett, mineshaw 

3 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

We are signing Jimmy G just so he can get injured by next August.  Zach is starting again next year until he gets benched for the third and final time

Woody has no idea what he’s doing and Rodgers is never coming here

Who pooped on your pancakes this morning?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I still would like to know these year 3 and 4 mean for the jets cap wise.  First two years are cheap enough cap wise for sure but I need to know for SURE what these huge cap charges mean for 3 and 4.

It’s very complicated but we would only be $16 million per year. When you consider how much the cap raises per year, that dead cap figure is peanuts 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

It’s very complicated but we would only be $16 million per year. When you consider how much the cap raises per year, that dead cap figure is peanuts 

So these numbers of 50 million a year are meaningless for year 3 and 4?   If that is the case I am much more on board. ....Okay I just looked on overthecap and yes those last years are palatable for getting away from.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So these numbers of 50 million a year are meaningless for year 3 and 4?   If that is the case I am much more on board. ....Okay I just looked on overthecap and yes those last years are palatable for getting away from.

Yup the easiet way to understand it is that he would get paid $100 million for 2 years, but it would be split among 4 years

39 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yup the easiet way to understand it is that he would get paid $100 million for 2 years, but it would be split among 4 years

I don't really care all that much about his actual cash.  My big concern was that in his 3rd and 4th year of that deal the jets will be have to look at signing some of this past years draftees to big money deals.

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I don't really care all that much about his actual cash.  My big concern was that in his 3rd and 4th year of that deal the jets will be have to look at signing some of this past years draftees to big money deals.

Yes but also consider that every year the cap rises. So his dead cap figure in 2025-26 will be fairly easy to manage