If Acquired, Rodgers Cap Numbers are not what they seem

choon328

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They failed at qb and lt the two most important spots 

Here's an idea maybe jd isn't such a great gm 

I mean he did draft the offensive and defensive rookie of the year in one draft? He’s not perfect but he’s better than anything we’ve ever had 

• Upvote 2

If Green Bay is only willing to trade Rodgers to the AFC, who are our realistic competition?

• Raiders
  • Titans (I don't think have the cap space
  • Colts (I don't think they have the roster)
  • Patriots (I just don't see them doing this but possibly)

That's pretty much it.

• Bills - Josh Allen they're set
  • Dolphins - don't have the draft capital or cap space to get this done
  • Bengals - Joe Burrow they're set
  • Ravens - will be keeping Lamar they're set
  • Steelers - don't have the roster they're rebuilding
  • Browns - just sunk all that $ into over the hill Watson
  • Jags - Trevor Lawrence they're set
  • Texans - rebuilding not happening
  • Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes they're set
  • Chargers - Justin Herbert they're set
  • Broncos - just wasted all that $ on Russel Wilson

Overall we have the best / young roster / cap space / picks to get this done more than anyone in the AFC.

The questions are: does Rodger wants to come here / even play anymore / Green Bay want to actually move on?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Green Bay is only willing to trade Rodgers to the AFC, who are our realistic competition?

• Raiders
  • Titans (I don't think have the cap space
  • Colts (I don't think they have the roster)
  • Patriots (I just don't see them doing this but possibly)

That's pretty much it.

• Bills - Josh Allen they're set
  • Dolphins - don't have the draft capital or cap space to get this done
  • Bengals - Joe Burrow they're set
  • Ravens - will be keeping Lamar they're set
  • Steelers - don't have the roster they're rebuilding
  • Browns - just sunk all that $ into over the hill Watson
  • Jags - Trevor Lawrence they're set
  • Texans - rebuilding not happening
  • Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes they're set
  • Chargers - Justin Herbert they're set
  • Broncos - just wasted all that $ on Russel Wilson

Overall we have the best / young roster / cap space / picks to get this done more than anyone in the AFC.

The questions are: does Rodger wants to come here / even play anymore / Green Bay want to actually move on?

Cool. Offer them a 4th round pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean he did draft the offensive and defensive rookie of the year in one draft? He’s not perfect but he’s better than anything we’ve ever had 

People keep saying that but it's half true at best.

sauce likely will be DROY (hutch could still win it) but the oroy won't be a NYJ. 

Are we living in a world where breece never got hurt? 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

People keep saying that but it's half true at best.

sauce likely will be DROY (hutch could still win it) but the oroy won't be a NYJ. 

Are we living in a world where breece never got hurt? 

But that just makes it sound better for JD.

JD drafted three players who are (or were before injury) in the running for either OROY or DROY. By Jets standards, that HOF worthy. 

Obviously, his previous two drafts leave a lot to be desired, but hard to argue with this last draft. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Two first round picks for a 39 year old QB is kind of insane. Hard to overlook.

I don't see any way they get this. They've already limited their potential trade partners to half the league and many of those already have a QB. Now how many of those teams want to trade resources and pay an old QB who talks about retirement every offseason?

I don't think they'll even get a single first round pick and I'm being serious.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If Brock Purdy wins 1 more game it's going to be his award (and rightful so) 

Sure, but what's interesting is, including the playoffs, Purdy has only played in one more game than Breece Hall did. Breece Hall actually played in more regular season games, despite the injury. It shows you how much recency bias there is. 

44 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Cool. Offer them a 4th round pick.

But seriously they can have a 4th and go **** themselves.

As much I want think "oh yeah Aaron Rodgers is a great QB" I feel like I'm being asked to put on a used adult diaper and overpay for the privilege.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't see any way they get this. They've already limited their potential trade partners to half the league and many of those already have a QB. Now how many of those teams want to trade resources and pay an old QB who talks about retirement every offseason?

I don't think they'll even get a single first round pick and I'm being serious.

100% they are painting themselves into a corner and overasking and they have to know they are.

They'll take whatever they can get at the end of the day.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I know you hate the Jets but Wilson is the heavy favorite to win. 

4BA990EE-5EAC-43F5-A046-54851B7CF9E9.png

I hate the Jets? There's a thin line between fries and shakes 

Sauce is a "heavy favorite" - 1200 is a 90 percent implied probability. That feels high... hutchinson has a case to make but yes I'll grant jd likely drafted DROY 

Wilson is not a heavy or even a lean favorite favorite +210 means 33 percent chance. He's got the best chance but it's a tight field and national writers might see Wilson's stats as less significant 

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but what's interesting is, including the playoffs, Purdy has only played in one more game than Breece Hall did. Breece Hall actually played in more regular season games, despite the injury. It shows you how much recency bias there is. 

It's a more important position. If Brock Purdy becomes Mr irrelevant in the super bowl the media will go crazy

That's the problem with this jd discussion. He can draft oroy and DROY every year if he can't find a qb he's boned

Breece Hall was dominant when he played but it's kind of a backwards looking pick. 

It's like drafting oj Simpson, Adrian Peterson or saquon, even if he's healthy the qb1 has to be excellent to win these playoff games and be a real contender. Teams know how to shut down star rbs 

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I hate the Jets? There's a thin line between fries and shakes 

Sauce is a "heavy favorite" - 1200 is a 90 percent implied probability. That feels high... hutchinson has a case to make but yes I'll grant jd likely drafted DROY 

Wilson is not a heavy or even a lean favorite favorite +210 means 33 percent chance. He's got the best chance but it's a tight field and national writers might see Wilson's stats as less significant 

I never see you post anything positive about the Jets so I just assumed you hate them lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's a more important position. If Brock Purdy becomes Mr irrelevant in the super bowl the media will go crazy

That's the problem with this jd discussion. He can draft oroy and DROY every year if he can't find a qb he's boned

Breece Hall was dominant when he played but it's kind of a backwards looking pick. 

It's like drafting oj Simpson, Adrian Peterson or saquon, even if he's healthy the qb1 has to be excellent to win these playoff games and be a real contender. Teams know how to shut down star rbs 

Yes, we need a QB and won't get anywhere without one and JD has to get that done in order to survive past next year. 

On that, I think we agree. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I never see you post anything positive about the Jets so I just assumed you hate them lol. 

I have posted positive comments about the new york Jets 

They all just happened a decade or two ago 

Ya know back when they were decent 

I'm a realist fan others are Homer fans. It doesn't mean that I hate the team it means they are what they are. 

And that's not very good 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I have posted positive comments about the new york Jets 

They all just happened a decade or two ago 

Ya know back when they were decent 

I'm a realist fan others are Homer fans. It doesn't mean that I hate the team it means they are what they are. 

And that's not very good 

You’re here advocating that Sauce and GW shouldn’t win ROY. Sorry I don’t think you like the Jets no matter how much of a “realist” you are

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Happens all the time, we’re in a rebuild, show a little hope, then everyone wants to bail on rebuild and get a star QB, when we don’t even have a coach, we still need a lot of weapons but hey let’s spend 40mil on a Qb in his last years so our drafts are middle of the pack where no franchise qbs ever are 

Happy Lets Go GIF by NFL On Prime Video

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

You’re here advocating that Sauce and GW shouldn’t win ROY. Sorry I don’t think you like the Jets no matter how much of a “realist” you are

i never said "should" It's about predicting what's going to happen and what isn't going to happen 

predictions can be right they can be wrong but they shouldn't be emotional 

these "purity" tests can go both ways

for example, who are you? and why should we accept you as a Jets fan? for all we know you are a Pats fan trolling us

it's not fun when it goes the other way is it? 

lets just accept that anyone posting about a loser franchise like the Jets on Jan 23 is a die hard fan and leave it at that 

• Upvote 1

So we are going to trade two first round picks and take on a future cap killing contract  (massive cap hit when our young stars want to be paid) for a 100% me first player that has never been accountable for one bad thing that happened in his career but laps up all the credit for anything good happening to him and the team.

On top of that we will go out of our way to get an oc he likes, welcome Nathaniel Hackett!

On top of that we will have to get some players he likes like 79 year old randall cobb and David Bakhtiari who is about as durable these days as Becton.

On top of that the day after the season ends, no matter what the result he will be on the pat macafee show musing about retirement or playing somewhere else just so the legion of fans can beg him to come back.

On top of that last year he was showing the same signs that Russell Wilson displayed in his last year in Seattle.  Signs that he is ready to topple from top tier franchise Qb to medium level guy that will do okay if all else is good with the team.

I see Doom......Doom, Doom Doom!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you are on the record saying the Breece pick was a bad one right?

it's an OK pick. It was designed to hide how bad Zach was and for a little while he did that

in the end teams don't use high picks on RBs because their careers are so short. JD got cute and the success was temporary 

before you get all worked up, remember he's not likely going to be 100 percent off that ACL until year 3. Unless he's Adrian Peterson, most guys aren't their same self until 2 years after knee reconstruction. 

it can be an ingredient to have a great back to win a SB (like Fournette) but most of the teams with the best RBs don't win the SB. and most teams winning a SB don't have rd 1 or rd 2 running backs on their roster that they drafted 

the good teams find these guys the Jets paid top dollar. And now he's hurt.

that's what happens to RBs in the NFL they get hurt.  

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we are going to trade two first round picks and take on a future cap killing contract  (massive cap hit when our young stars want to be paid) for a 100% me first player that has never been accountable for one bad thing that happened in his career but laps up all the credit for anything good happening to him and the team.

On top of that we will go out of our way to get an oc he likes, welcome Nathaniel Hackett!

On top of that we will have to get some players he likes like 79 year old randall cobb and David Bakhtiari who is about as durable these days as Becton.

On top of that the day after the season ends, no matter what the result he will be on the pat macafee show musing about retirement or playing somewhere else just so the legion of fans can beg him to come back.

On top of that last year he was showing the same signs that Russell Wilson displayed in his last year in Seattle.  Signs that he is ready to topple from top tier franchise Qb to medium level guy that will do okay if all else is good with the team.

I see Doom......Doom, Doom Doom!

all of this neglects the second part of Peter King's tweet which said "would Rodgers even want to play in NY" 

fans breeze right by that one but it's a legit question. The division is a bear and this team, despite being better than they were, still isn't very good. They aren't 1 QB away from a SB they haven't made the playoffs in 12 years 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That’s just speculation from King

Offer them #13 and a conditional pick in 2024.

Bingo

#13 - you'd be getting his LT so no issue

2024 - conditional 3rd, becomes a 2nd if he plays in 2024, becomes a 1st if you make the playoffs in 2024

I'd do this in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1