Cowboys official twitter account calls out Dak

AFJF

19 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Dak is good, but he’s not 40 million good.
When you spend that on a quarterback he has to be able to elevate the team.  

His history shows he’s unable to do this.  

Yep, Dak puts you in QB hell, much like Cousins and anyone else who is a slight nod above game manager but not good enough to justify their huge salary.

Pretty much why if you don't develop your own QB, youre hoping for wild card games and one playoff win max, unless you get extremely lucky, and hoping to get lucky is not a strategy

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sheesh.  Team owes him $100 mil over the next two seasons and they're using their twitter to criticize him?

I mean, the tweet isn't wrong, but how many teams go after their top guys like this?

They’ve been this way all along.  Treating their top player, their most important player like a scrub.  I don’t get it.  
Jerry Jones has been one of the worst owners in the NFL post Jimmy Johnson and somehow continues to get treated like he’s one of the best. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

I don't get the McCarthy hate...

He is 131-87 - 2 in his career and is 1 of only 4 coaches to lead his team to the playoffs for 8 straight seasons, and he has a ring (Sure, with a HOF QB in Rodgers, but he has a ring)

yet, here we are on this forum and people are nutting over trying to get Sean Payton and want to pay him 20 mil and give up a first round pick, when he is 139-84, has 8 playoff appearances and won a super bowl, with a HOF QB in Brees. They're also both 59.

They're mirror images of each other. I think the McCarthy smearing needs to end.  He should've been our head coach and reports said he wanted to be our head coach, instead, we want with the cheerleader who runs the stadium steps. 

Sean Payton has manned 7 of the top 35 offenses (by yardage) of all-time, including the # 1 overall.  

McCarthy takes loaded teams and pile drives them into the turf in big games.  He mismanages the clock and routinely makes baffling decisions, such as putting Ezekiel Eliott at Center to get plastered.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sean Payton has manned 7 of the top 35 offenses (by yardage) of all-time, including the # 1 overall.  

McCarthy takes loaded teams and pile drives them into the turf in big games.  He mismanages the clock and routinely makes baffling decisions, such as putting Ezekiel Eliott at Center to get plastered.  

His record in big games is very similar to Sean Payton's and he built the AROD GB teams and also revitalized the late stage portion of Favre's career in 2007. 

I wouldn't call him good at clock management and he definitely makes strange decisions, but his resume is nearly identical to Payton's. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike McCarthy is 11-10 in the playoffs

Sean Payton is 9-8 in the playoffs

The mirror image of these two continues to grow.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

His record in big games is very similar to Sean Payton's and he built the AROD GB teams and also revitalized the late stage portion of Favre's career in 2007. 

I wouldn't call him good at clock management and he definitely makes strange decisions, but his resume is nearly identical to Payton's. 

I think you’d be hard pressed to find many who find their resumes similar.  Payton is a HC who is constantly approached to come out of retirement and was signed up by a network.  McCarthy begged for the Jets job and no one else wanted him

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I think you’d be hard pressed to find many who find their resumes similar.  Payton is a HC who is constantly approached to come out of retirement and was signed up by a network.  McCarthy begged for the Jets job and no one else wanted him

But their stats are similar:

McCarthy is 131-87 - 2 in his career and is 1 of only 4 coaches to lead his team to the playoffs for 8 straight seasons, and he has a ring (Sure, with a HOF QB in Rodgers, but he has a ring). 11-10 in the playoffs.

Sean Payton  is 139-84, has 8 playoff appearances and won a super bowl, with a HOF QB in Brees. 9-8 in the playoffs.

They're also both 59.

McCarthy didn't coach for sometime then signed on in Dallas. Payton is looking to do the same thing.

Mark Sanchez and Booger McFarland work in TV, i don't understand that argument. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

???? That’s not what the word “resume” means. What you are describing is that Payton has a much better “reputation.” And I agree. 

But they do, in point of fact, have very similar resumes (W/L record, playoff appearances, division titles, playoff records, SB trophies). 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, usanyj said:

But their stats are similar:

McCarthy is 131-87 - 2 in his career and is 1 of only 4 coaches to lead his team to the playoffs for 8 straight seasons, and he has a ring (Sure, with a HOF QB in Rodgers, but he has a ring). 11-10 in the playoffs.

Sean Payton  is 139-84, has 8 playoff appearances and won a super bowl, with a HOF QB in Brees. 9-8 in the playoffs.

They're also both 59.

McCarthy didn't coach for sometime then signed on in Dallas. Payton is looking to do the same thing.

Mark Sanchez and Booger McFarland work in TV, i don't understand that argument. 

As I said, no one would take McCarthy over Payton.  One is viewed as an offensive mind, the other a dinasaur who the game has passed by. 

I don't think McCarthy is the bee's knees, but I do think he's way better than folks on this forum give him credit for. Meanwhile, I don't think Sean Payton is a bad HC, but I do think he's way overhyped on this forum.

McCarthy is known to be a QB whisperer. Look at what he did with late stage Favre, Aaron Rodgers, and even the changes we've seen over the last two years in Dak. He's a strong offensive mind. His issues are definitely with clock management and in-game adjustments. 

Payton might be a better offensive play caller, but as an overall head coach he leaves so much to be desired. He had a stretch of years where he didn't even hit .500, and that's with a Mount Rushmore QB. That falls on the HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

???? That’s not what the word “resume” means. What you are describing is that Payton has a much better “reputation.” And I agree. 

But they do, in point of fact, have very similar resumes (W/L record, playoff appearances, division titles, playoff records, SB trophies). 

That’s exactly what resume means.  Their backgrounds and achievements are similar on paper

• WTF? 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And aren’t you arguing that their resumes are similar?  

Uhm, Yes. I think you know this already. 

And then you proceeded to tell me that I would be “hard-pressed” to find people who thought their resumes were similar - but, in point of fact, as others here have already pointed out, they ARE similar! 

I guess you now remember what a resume is again? Lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Uhm, Yes. I think you know this already. 

And then you proceeded to tell me that I would be “hard-pressed” to find people who thought their resumes were similar - but, in point of fact, as others here have already pointed out, they ARE similar! 

I guess you now remember what a resume is again? Lol

Their abilities, their reputations and their status.  They’re not similar as the resumes may look.  Resumes are more than just cold hard stats
You want to argue that fine

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Their abilities, their reputations and their status.  They’re not similar as the resumes may look.  

Ahhh, ok. Now this is an actual argument. 

I disagree, but I can respect this opinion. 

To me, I think it's pretty telling how similar their resumes are over such a long period of time. McCarthy also seems to get no credit for developing Rodgers, while Payton seems to get a lot of credit for Brees, even though Brees actually had a really good year in SD before he even got to Payton in New Orleans. 

I don't think Payton is overrated like some have suggested, but I absolutely think McCarthy is underrated. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To me, I think it's pretty telling how similar their resumes are over such a long period of time. McCarthy also seems to get no credit for developing Rodgers, while Payton seems to get a lot of credit for Brees, even though Brees actually had a really good year in SD before he even got to Payton in New Orleans. 

I don't think Payton is overrated like some have suggested, but I absolutely think McCarthy is underrated. 

I think McCarthy is more prone to occasional brain farts.  

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rodgers first two seasons with the Packers were under Sherman so that’s probably why McCarthy doesn’t get all the accolades.  Especially since Rodgers didn’t get along with McCarthy and criticized him that the game has passed him by.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I think you’d be hard pressed to find many who find their resumes similar.  

Their resume as found on profootballreference.com

image.png.dd1752d6e7da196078e22c198802a7a0.png

They're nearly identical win/loss% for both regular and postseason. Nearly identical in challenges. Both had Mt Rushmore QBs and still had monumental collapses in both the regular and postseason multiple times. Both reached and won only 1 SB each. Hell, even the SB they both won were almost in the same calendar year!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yep, Dak puts you in QB hell, much like Cousins and anyone else who is a slight nod above game manager but not good enough to justify their huge salary.

Pretty much why if you don't develop your own QB, youre hoping for wild card games and one playoff win max, unless you get extremely lucky, and hoping to get lucky is not a strategy

And our luck is likely to run out quickly in a conference with all these great QBs.  

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Rodgers first two seasons with the Packers were under Sherman so that’s probably why McCarthy doesn’t get all the accolades.  Especially since Rodgers didn’t get along with McCarthy and criticized him that the game has passed him by.

First - Rodgers was only under Sherman for his rookie season (2005) and didn't start a game at all during his first three seasons (2005-2007). He started his first NFL game in 2008, under McCarthy (who took over in 2006). So, McCarthy coached Aaron Rodgers for all of his career starts until December of 2018 when McCarthy was fired.

Before their relationship soured, Rodgers himself credited McCarthy with helping him become a good QB in the NFL. And Rodgers seems to not get a long with a number of people, so I'm not too worried about the fact that he doesn't like him anymore. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Their resume as found on profootballreference.com

image.png.dd1752d6e7da196078e22c198802a7a0.png

They're nearly identical win/loss% for both regular and postseason. Nearly identical in challenges. Both had Mt Rushmore QBs and still had monumental collapses in both the regular and postseason multiple times. Both reached and won only 1 SB each. Hell, even the SB they both won were almost in the same calendar year!

One more time, just saying that that’s all well and good but Payton is on a different level.  He’s probably the most sought after HC alive and available while McCarthy is on a completely different trajectory.  

• Sympathy 1

One more time, that’s all well and good but Payton is on a different level is probably the most sought after HC alive and available while McCarthy is on a completely different trajectory.  

Yes, Payton is perceived to be a much better HC than McCarthy. This doesn't mean that this narrative is entirely justified or fair. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

First - Rodgers was only under Sherman for his rookie season (2005) and didn't start a game at all during his first three seasons (2005-2007). He started his first NFL game in 2008, under McCarthy (who took over in 2006). So, McCarthy coached Aaron Rodgers for all of his career starts until December of 2018 when McCarthy was fired.

Before their relationship soured, Rodgers himself credited McCarthy with helping him become a good QB in the NFL. And Rodgers seems to not get a long with a number of people, so I'm not too worried about the fact that he doesn't like him anymore. 

All good but are you saying I’m wrong, they’re not looked upon in two completely different lights.  That’s all I’ve said

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

of course. The only path forward for this franchise is to clean house and try to find someone who can identify and develop a QB. Anything other than that is chasing false hope

We're in a tough spot, no doubt.  We have a lot of talent but we're absolutely nowhere without a FQB.  We were so close to having the awful year at the right time (in 2020 for Trevor) but just missed.  Caleb Williams is available next year but we're way too talented (barring a crazy set of circumstances) to get the #1 overall pick.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The issue isn't McCarthy vs. Payton which is a debate...

But rather there is NO DEBATE WHATSOEVER of whether McCarthy vs Gase is the better coach, and scores of folks said NO to McCarthy, and yes to Gase out here, and now they act like McCarthy who wanted to work with Sam Darnold wouldn't have been a far better choice regardless of the outcome.

Finally, Payton clearly has the superior reputation whether it is deserved or not is another thing.  Indeed, McCarthy has no stain on his tenure like Bounty Gate and so on and that should be factored in.  At the end of the day, Payton clearly projects better, is tied to Parcells and that carries some weight as well.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

We’ve been hoping to get lucky with one of these QB’s through the draft for 50 years and it hasn’t worked out.

Forget guys like Mahomes, Burrow or Allen.

We can’t even find our own Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins or Dak Prescott.

If you guys want to keep swinging and missing, while wasting the prime years of dudes like Sauce, Quinnen, G. Wilson, Breece, AVT, etc…suit yourselves.

I’m at the point where I want a steady, sure thing, even if the guy doesn’t carry franchise superstar status.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

All good but are you saying I’m wrong, they’re not looked upon in two completely different lights.  That’s all I’ve said

No, as I've already explained, Payton is widely perceived to be a much better HC. In fact, McCarthy is often portrayed as incompetent. 

I'm just questioning how accurate or fair that narrative actually is. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, Payton is perceived to be a much better HC than McCarthy. This doesn't mean that this narrative is entirely justified or fair. 

I think there is more of a perception that McCarthy should have won more with what he had plus Rodgers who many feel was the best ever.  While NO was good but not as talented.  Just like Brees, a really nice QB who piled up nice stats but wasn’t Rodgers

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're in a tough spot, no doubt.  We have a lot of talent but we're absolutely nowhere without a FQB.  We were so close to having the awful year at the right time (in 2020 for Trevor) but just missed.  Caleb Williams is available next year but we're way too talented (barring a crazy set of circumstances) to get the #1 overall pick.

Im not convinced one bit that this current regime would have the ability to maximize Trevor. He sucked last year until they brought in Pederson. Trevor was a good prospect, but not Andrew Luck or the type of guy who was so talented he could overcome bad coaching. You need the right coaching staff, Andrew Luck types are once every 20 year guys, we won't get a once every year guy

• Post of the Week 1