Cowboys official twitter account calls out Dak

AFJF

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We’ve been hoping to get lucky with one of these QB’s through the draft for 50 years and it hasn’t worked out.

Forget guys like Mahomes, Burrow or Allen.

We can’t even find our own Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins or Dak Prescott.

If you guys want to keep swinging and missing, while wasting the prime years of dudes like Sauce, Quinnen, G. Wilson, Breece, AVT, etc…suit yourselves.

I’m at the point where I want a steady, sure thing, even if the guy doesn’t carry franchise superstar status.

To each their own, but I could care less about sneaking into the playoffs with a wild card with zero hope of doing any real damage. I want a legitimate chance to win a SB for a decade. When you have that, you win one most likely. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The issue isn't McCarthy vs. Payton which is a debate...

But rather there is NO DEBATE WHATSOEVER of whether McCarthy vs Gase is the better coach, and scores of folks said NO to McCarthy, and yes to Gase out here, and now they act like McCarthy who wanted to work with Sam Darnold wouldn't have been a far better choice regardless of the outcome.

Finally, Payton clearly has the superior reputation whether it is deserved or not is another thing.  Indeed, McCarthy has no stain on his tenure like Bounty Gate and so on and that should be factored in.  At the end of the day, Payton clearly projects better, is tied to Parcells and that carries some weight as well.

Exactly. 

Payton is also better looking and more articulate than McCarthy, which helps. 

I just think narratives are funny sometimes. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, just saying that that’s all well and good but Payton is on a different level.  He’s probably the most sought after HC alive and available while McCarthy is on a completely different trajectory.  

What does one more time mean? You said resume, and I showed you their resumes. They're nearly identical. If you want to talk about their reputations or how people view them, then that's a completely different thing, and you should have said that instead of resume. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think there is more of a perception that McCarthy should have won more with what he had plus Rodgers who many feel was the best ever.  While NO was good but not as talented.  Just like Brees, a really nice QB who piled up nice stats but wasn’t Rodgers

oh boy. 

I think Rodgers was a better talent than Brees, but at their respective peeks, I would take the Saints roster over Green Bay's Roster. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

To each their own, but I could care less about sneaking into the playoffs with a wild card with zero hope of doing any real damage. I want a legitimate chance to win a SB for a decade. When you have that, you win one most likely. 

We’re bordering on 15 years of zero playoff appearances.

Once you make the postseason, there’s no telling who is going to get on a hot streak and win it all. Hell, Eli wasn’t some elite level QB and he has two rings on his finger. I don’t think it’s batsh*t insane to think that a guy like Carr can win a championship with a strong supporting cast around him.

Some of us have been fans for 50 or more years and are tired of waiting around for the Jets to transform into some kind of juggernaut. That’s likely not happening within many of our lifetimes.

I’ll take a single Super Bowl at this point and die happy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

oh boy. 

I think Rodgers was a better talent than Brees, but at their respective peeks, I would take the Saints roster over Green Bay's Roster. 

100% the Saints had better talent top to bottom than the Packers in most years. Rodgers was the more talented QB, but not by much.

McCarthy gets a bad rep because Rodgers intimated as much during their divorce year. Meanwhile, Brees has done nothing but talk up the greatness of Sean Payton. 

There in-lies the great JetNut fallacy of Sean Payton having a better resume than Mike McCarthy. It's nothing more than a false narrative.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Once you make the postseason, there’s no telling who is going to get on a hot streak and win it all. Hell, Eli wasn’t some elite level QB and he has two rings on his finger. I don’t think it’s batsh*t insane to think that a guy like Carr can win a championship with a strong supporting cast around him.

Some of us have been fans for 50 or more years and are tired of waiting around for the Jets to transform into some kind of juggernaut. That’s likely not happening within many of our lifetimes.

There is an argument to be made for that but I don't think it's apples-to-apples, considering the QB talent level in the AFC.  With the Bills being what they are, I'm not confident that we're winning any divisions.  That means a WC appearance and having to beat 3 AFC teams to get to a SB.  That really seems like a tall order.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Im 40 years into this, so I am not far off.

What the Giants did twice was incredibly fluky AND Eli is a HOF QB who had elite Defenses and really damn high level WR's and Running game.

The Giants did it twice, and it was probably 1/100 or worse odds each time they did it from a 6th seed to winning a SB.

I'd be thrilled if it happened, but its not a strategy I believe is worth chasing.

I don't think Carr is getting us to a SB. I think the Jets talent level is vastly overrated as it currently sits. We have a good not great defense, and we have a really good WR and an injured great RB.

That is not a SB team by adding Carr, not even close. Its possibly a 6th seed in the AFC next year, but not close to a SB.

Ive seen multiple AFCC games, the only thing that will make me truly happy as a Jets fan is winning a SB. Any path that we are taking that isnt on a path to win a SB to me is a waste of a years I don't have to waste

• Upvote 1

Prescott was never worth his #1 franchise Qb pay day imo.

Calling out one player on twitter is idiotic and the person should be shi* canned who posted it.

As for Prescott and MCarthy being kicked around as usual....

12 wins and two div titles each of the last two years.

4th in scoring and 11th in yards this year

1st in scoring and yards last year.

It is tough to make the playoffs in this league and much much tougher to even get to the super bowl.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There is an argument to be made for that but I don't think it's apples-to-apples, considering the QB talent level in the AFC.  With the Bills being what they are, I'm not confident that we're winning any divisions.  That means a WC appearance and having to beat 3 AFC teams to get to a SB.  That really seems like a tall order.

Hard to win the division, but not impossible. 

We were hella competitive with them this year with Zach Wilson and Mike White playing QB and relying heavily on talented rookies. Buffalo is not insurmountable, IMO. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im not convinced one bit that this current regime would have the ability to maximize Trevor. He sucked last year until they brought in Pederson. Trevor was a good prospect, but not Andrew Luck or the type of guy who was so talented he could overcome bad coaching. You need the right coaching staff, Andrew Luck types are once every 20 year guys, we won't get a once every year guy

Maybe we wouldn't have maximized Trevor's abilities but I think he still would've been great.  And supposedly there is another superstar QB in the next draft (Caleb Williams).  But of course, we're not going to get him - lol.

17 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What does one more time mean? You said resume, and I showed you their resumes. They're nearly identical. If you want to talk about their reputations or how people view them, then that's a completely different thing, and you should have said that instead of resume. 

Jeez you don’t seem to get that their resumes, what they are is more than just the win/loss records that you posted.  All I said is one is perceived in a totally different light.  You just feel the need to argue minutia like what constitutes a resume and not the simple point

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Hard to win the division, but not impossible. 

We were hella competitive with them this year with Zach Wilson and Mike White playing QB and relying heavily on talented rookies. Buffalo is not insurmountable, IMO. 

You might be right but I'm not even so sure where we are in relation to the Dolphins and Pats though.  The Dolphins have a ton of talent (and an injury-prone QB) so we'll see what happens with them.  The Pats still have BB and I think they have a ton of cap room this year.  So they might take a leap.  We'll see.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You might be right but I'm not even so sure where we are in relation to the Dolphins and Pats though.  The Dolphins have a ton of talent (and an injury-prone QB) so we'll see what happens with them.  The Pats still have BB and I think they have a ton of cap room this year.  So they might take a leap.  We'll see.

Could be. 

BB is 70 years old, and while he is an amazing coach, they are still just another team without Brady. Definitely a team to be respected, but not a juggernaut. Of course, we have to prove we can actually beat them in a game. But watching those games this year, it seemed like two evenly matched teams, even with Wilson being god awful. And it also sounds like they are sticking with Jones at QB? Meh, he was pretty underwhelming this year. If we signed Carr, we'd instantly be the better team on paper. But games are not played on paper . . . 

The Dolphins are scary, but I think we have the defense to compete with them. All depends on Tua's health and who our QB is. 

Basically, I think the talent gap has closed outside of QB. We need a QB, a couple of new starters on the OL, and another good WR or TE

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe we wouldn't have maximized Trevor's abilities but I think he still would've been great.  And supposedly there is another superstar QB in the next draft (Caleb Williams).  But of course, we're not going to get him - lol.

There was nothing great about him last year, he was maybe slightly better than ZW before Pederson came in

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im not convinced one bit that this current regime would have the ability to maximize Trevor. He sucked last year until they brought in Pederson. Trevor was a good prospect, but not Andrew Luck or the type of guy who was so talented he could overcome bad coaching. You need the right coaching staff, Andrew Luck types are once every 20 year guys, we won't get a once every year guy

Thank you...

Lawrence himself said he had lost confidence in his OWN abilities until earlier this year when Pederson's coaching took hold and Pederson said that they stopped having Lawrence do things he wasn't good at anymore!

That is not and has NEVER been over the last DECADE been the Jets way!

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sheesh.  Team owes him $100 mil over the next two seasons and they're using their twitter to criticize him?

I mean, the tweet isn't wrong, but how many teams go after their top guys like this?

So you're saying there's a chance.....

There's always one unexpected page turned it seems these days in an offseason. Maybe this is the one--

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you...

Lawrence himself said he had lost confidence in his OWN abilities until earlier this year when Pederson's coaching took hold and Pederson said that they stopped having Lawrence do things he wasn't good at anymore!

That is not and has NEVER been over the last DECADE been the Jets way!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again thank you........

Jacksonville fans were calling Lawrence a BUST at the beginning of the season.  

Despite many Jets fans take, coaching matters a ton. Finding and developing a QB is not about luck, its about knowing what you are doing

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Perfect timing.  I was just about to post how Dallas fans are unhappy with Dak.  He's making around $40M per year.  I think his stats are in the ballpark of Carr.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

image.thumb.png.b38baebcc6bc13ba967742b4bb0712cc.png

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

image.thumb.png.c43687c5207baec7c3a772f53326baca.png

It’s actually a really good comp. Hadn’t thought of it before. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Could be. 

BB is 70 years old, and while he is an amazing coach, they are still just another team without Brady. Definitely a team to be respected, but not a juggernaut. Of course, we have to prove we can actually beat them in a game. But watching those games this year, it seemed like two evenly matched teams, even with Wilson being god awful. And it also sounds like they are sticking with Jones at QB? Meh, he was pretty underwhelming this year. If we signed Carr, we'd instantly be the better team on paper. But games are not played on paper . . . 

The Dolphins are scary, but I think we have the defense to compete with them. All depends on Tua's health and who our QB is. 

Basically, I think the talent gap has closed outside of QB. We need a QB, a couple of new starters on the OL, and another good WR or TE

I generally agree with what you wrote.  But I could see fans of all 3 of the Jets, Dolphins and Pats making the argument that "it's close but we're the best of the 3".    

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s actually a really good comp. Hadn’t thought of it before. Thanks for sharing.

Sure.  But just to be clear, I was making that point to argue against signing Carr (which I get the feeling you might disagree with). 

Sort of like "Dallas has their version of Carr and look at how their fans view him".

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sure.  But just to be clear, I was making that point to argue against signing Carr (which I get the feeling you might disagree with). 

Sort of like "Dallas has their version of Carr and look at how their fans view him".

Yeah I hear you but I wish we we lucky enough to hate a Jets QB as good as either of them 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I generally agree with what you wrote.  But I could see fans of all 3 of the Jets, Dolphins and Pats making the argument that "it's close but we're the best of the 3".    

Oh, for sure, I think Jets/Pats/Dolphins are all in the same boat. Buffalo is the clear front-runner because of Allen, but not infallible. 

• Upvote 2

I heard someone today suggest this (completely hypothetical, not rumor, just throwing out suggestions for discussion purposes)

Boys trade Dak to the Jets for #13 straight up. 

Boys the trade #13 and their 1st to the Packers for Rodgers - reuniting Rodgers and McCarthy.  

Woukd you?

side note - I don’t recall if Rodgers had a good relationship with McCarthy at the end of his tenure in GB to make this even a plausible suggestion. 

41 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I heard someone today suggest this (completely hypothetical, not rumor, just throwing out suggestions for discussion purposes)

Boys trade Dak to the Jets for #13 straight up. 

Boys the trade #13 and their 1st to the Packers for Rodgers - reuniting Rodgers and McCarthy.  

Woukd you?

side note - I don’t recall if Rodgers had a good relationship with McCarthy at the end of his tenure in GB to make this even a plausible suggestion. 

I’m ok getting Dak. I’m not Super Bowl or bust type of fan. Consistent playoff games will make me happy. I’ll worry about super bowls when we can be consistently good. If we get a super bowl even better.

With that said, I would not trade a 1st for Dak straight up. Two seconds will be the max I would go.

I still prefer Carr though.