Looking back at interesting post game comments by saleh after the Patriots game

BP

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe if we had a competent OC at the time he could have, and this is a very out there concept, tried to tailor the game to his strengths. Zach was beyond awful in that game but LaFleur is the worst OC we have ever had and kept dialing up the same stupid runs and passes expecting somehow better results. And he later admitted that he did simplify things for White but not for Zach. Holy hell so glad he is gone

yep.  i don't get the whole simplify things for mfw but not zwilson strategy.  granted zwilson didn't execute the plays as called but the wrong calls not only affect the qb play but the whole team's play.  i don't think anyone can say it enough that the shanahan system is supposed to make it easy for the qb, wrs, oline to execute.  kyle shanahan has demonstrated that with the niners and purdy.  what did milfy do?  outside of the bears mfw game, the offense didn't score many points.

He sounds like a Head Coach that is going to support the starting quarterback of his team in front of the media.  Nothing really surprising here.  I'm really not sure why people expect anything different.

He benched Zach two days later.  Actions speak louder than words.

4 hours ago, FootballLove said:

All I can do is to return us to a different era: If Parcells was our HC during that debacle, I don't think Wild Bill would say "I have to watch the tape". Zack could of been 100 miles away and woulda been ringing and stinging from his ears to his a$$hole based on how Parcells torn him apart.

But then again, Parcells in 100 careers would NEVER start a rookie QB, so we'll never know!

I remember the Jets having only 175 total yards on offense against the colts in 97 or 98 and he said after the game “we were terrible, jobs will be on the line moving forward, give me a break this is the NFL”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wait, what?  The HC is the one who decides who plays and who sits or else he's been castrated.  He decides before the game, during the game, and after the game.  He should have the balls to sit Zack any time HE decides.

A HC worthy of the title has the the the man who calls the shots on the roster that's been handed to him.  2nd year man or not, grow a pair!  I've lost a heck of a lot of respect for Saleh!   

That’s my point.

Why do you think Woody hires first-timers? He likes to hold it over their heads. For little men, control is more attractive than results.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s my point.

Why do you think Woody hires first-timers? He likes to hold it over their heads. For little men, control is more attractive than results.

Every good coach we had quit when he bought the team.  parcells, bb and groh wanted nothing to do with him. 

8 hours ago, BP said:

Interesting cliff notes are:

Whats wrong with Wilson: “I don’t know we have to look at film”

that is a trademark gase/kotite response 

Did you ever consider replacing Wilson with Mike white?

”no, never”

A lot of mixed messages here and I’m just a fan. How do you think the players think?

Saleh is a players coach and he’s not going to bash the guys publicly the same goes for coaches it seems 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Saleh is a players coach and he’s not going to bash the guys publicly the same goes for coaches it seems 

Even if the players play dress up before a really important game it seems. This will only get worse, you know.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

They were winning Zach was the best qb on the roster

Josh Allen had a 0/3 24 rating game vs New England it happens the difference is the Jets are a clown organization 

mike white is terrible and was GARBAGE in camp and GARBAGE during the year which why he went 0 TDs 5 picks a fumble and 3 straight LOSSES during the season

1-6 without Zach Wilson 

what don’t you fanboy kids understand 

did you even watch NFL football before your son was chosen by the Jets?

• WTF? 1