Sauce named "NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" & "DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" & Garrett Wilson named "OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR"

pointman

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Anyone could have made those picks.

Fire Joe Douglas!!!!!!!

I hate seeing angry the grinch GIF writers write good stories about the Jets. Ugh

Two teams passed on Sauce. Houston picked a CB that hadn't really played in 2 years over Sauce. It was shocking on draft day but now after this season it was a criminally bad decision.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So Jetsy to pick twice in the top 10 when it's the the worst draft class in recent memory. We're going to end up with two mediocre prospects that'd normally go in the bottom of round 1, if not round 2 outright.

Not a direct quote, but I remember reading sentiments like this on more than one occasion in anticipation of the '22 draft.

I'm confident that I was one of those people.

• Haha 1

Both Sauce and GW are deserving of major props, but anyone trying to use this as some great praise for JD seem to be missing the point that the only reason the Jets continually have high first rounders is because of what a horrific job he's done on the overwhelming majority of other player acquisitions, including 2 of those high first rounders.

As a general rule you might need to acquire talented players at a slightly better rate than the one-a-year average JD has now skyrocketed up to with these 2.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Hopefully JD can find some more magic in this year's draft.... I firmly believe if Breese didn't get hurt, he & Garrett would most likely have been co-winners of that award. 

Tough one to call. With the injuries to o line and the fact that every team figured out that Zach was unable to beat them with his arm so they put every defensive player within 3  yards of the line is scrimmage

Breece would have no holes to run through 

• More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Tough one to call. With the injuries to o line and the fact that every team figured out that Zach was unable to beat them with his arm so they put every defensive player within 3  yards of the line is scrimmage

Breece would have no holes to run through 

u35vuqoqnju91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

His 1st 2 drafts are basically busts.

AVT is a bust?

Moore is a good player

Mins got a bit better

Both Carters are bad?

Bryce Hall is bad?

Jury is still out on Becton but not that promising

Well ZW sucks

However these drafts were solid and with his penchant for finding players through other means makes this a solid 53

JD has done solid work..

Want Idzik back?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, pointman said:

AP OROY is between GW and Kenneth Walker. DROY will be Sauce by a landslide. This isn’t the official award that is announced in the televised ceremony, but just the fact that it might happen and we have Breece who was on his way to winning it, does bode well for JD, despite Zach Wilson. Now, let’s see Aaron Rodgers here for a 2nd round pick and get a tackle in the first round and a WR/LB in FA, amongst other things, Fit it all under the cap, and we will be setup for a possible 2023 dream season. 

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The most Jetsy thing this franchise would do is fire their GM after last year's draft class.

true, and yet there are many people on this board who want him gone. no matter what he does some people here will never forgive him for his mistakes

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

true, and yet there are many people on this board who want him gone. no matter what he does some people here will never forgive him for his mistakes

I don't get the feeling there are that many people on here who want JD gone.  I put up this poll right after the season ended and, as of right now, only 8 of the 77 people rated him as "Below Average" and 1 person rated him as "Terrible".   And this was right after the season ended, when the wounds of the season were still fresh.

image.png.8eaa92a324aaab292d338c6ad010ebc7.png

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

His drafts have gotten progressively better to the point where you could argue that the last 2 drafts combined where the 2 best by any GM in our history. 

Wilson and Becton are a problem but that was his first draft. I think it's time to let go and appreciate all the really good players he's drafted since. 

• Upvote 3