fulltime Ayahuasca salesman, part time NFL QB A-A-Ron Rodgers says Zach sucks, our D is stacked, and our O becoming legit. He comin'

pointman

5 hours ago, Hex said:

2 weeks ago most of you wanted nothing to do with Rodgers. Called him washed, said he was only good the last 2 seasons because of Davante Adams. Now that he's shown any hint of wanting to come here you all are excited to get him.

I'm personally not sure what I think but I find that funny

Your right.  Derek Carr was the toast of the town.  With that said the debate that was raised on the Jake Asman show was Derek Carr gets the Jets to the playoffs, Aaron Rogers makes you a SB caliber team.  Rogers is a QB that makes the players around him better while Carr needs the pieces around him.  I'd be thrilled if we land one of these two but the problem is Carr deal would have to be done or you lose him unless there is a wink wink shake that Rogers agrees to come here. 

3 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Your right.  Derek Carr was the toast of the town.  With that said the debate that was raised on the Jake Asman show was Derek Carr gets the Jets to the playoffs, Aaron Rogers makes you a SB caliber team.  Rogers is a QB that makes the players around him better while Carr needs the pieces around him.  I'd be thrilled if we land one of these two but the problem is Carr deal would have to be done or you lose him unless there is a wink wink shake that Rogers agrees to come here. 

I might disagree. Packers looked unstoppable in the regular season for 3 straight seasons, and when the big game came, the player who didn't play up to normal for the most part was Rodgers. As Kirk Cousins has failed in Prime Time, while not as exaggerated Rodgers has failed in the playoffs. Derek Carr might not get the Jets to the SB, but Aaron Rodgers hasn't shown he would either.

19 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I fear Rodgers will be a major mistake for the Jets. He's 39 (without Tom Brady's obsessive health regimen), declining in skills, and ambivalent about playing vs retiring. The cost for someone who may give one year, or two at most, and isn't in his prime, would be exhorbitant. I hope Woody Johnson gets the stars out of his eyes and sees past this. It's not the way to go.

Just now realizing he's pushing 40. Phew that's risky business. Not many have went on for that long and kept high level of play. Brees went to 41 and did alright. Peyton went to 39. Favre had one of his best seasons at 40. 

Takes a special player to do what we're hoping he can. The team around him really has to be practically championship ready. 

All the other ideas about [a] trade and whatnot, that's all conjecture until I decide what I want to do moving forward for myself," Rodgers said.

Last summer, Rodgers said he "definitely" planned to finish his career with the Packers. Last week on McAfee's show, he left the door open for other possibilities.

"I hope there's some gratitude on both sides if that happens," Rodgers said Tuesday. "But again, that doesn't open the door for any conjecture, honestly, on my side. And I'm not saying that to be cryptic. I've got to figure out what I want to do, and then we'll see where all the parties at and what kind of transpires after that."

I dunno.  The basic idea is he hasn’t made up his mind about playing. That’s not thrilling to say the least. Then the issue is can the jets get him in the building before June 1 ?  Not thrilled with that either. 

If he wants to play another year I think he stays in Green Bay and tries to get more offensive weapons for a final run. 

On 1/24/2023 at 4:27 PM, slats said:

If we sign him, I’m definitely going on one of those ayahuasca retreats before the season starts. Get my head right. 

Yea if it involves being out of control for 24 hours, crying, sh*tting all over myself and being huddled in a corner sign me up

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I fear Rodgers will be a major mistake for the Jets. He's 39 (without Tom Brady's obsessive health regimen), declining in skills, and ambivalent about playing vs retiring. The cost for someone who may give one year, or two at most, and isn't in his prime, would be exhorbitant. I hope Woody Johnson gets the stars out of his eyes and sees past this. It's not the way to go.

AR is a mistake 100%

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

All the other ideas about [a] trade and whatnot, that's all conjecture until I decide what I want to do moving forward for myself," Rodgers said.

Last summer, Rodgers said he "definitely" planned to finish his career with the Packers. Last week on McAfee's show, he left the door open for other possibilities.

"I hope there's some gratitude on both sides if that happens," Rodgers said Tuesday. "But again, that doesn't open the door for any conjecture, honestly, on my side. And I'm not saying that to be cryptic. I've got to figure out what I want to do, and then we'll see where all the parties at and what kind of transpires after that."

I dunno.  The basic idea is he hasn’t made up his mind about playing. That’s not thrilling to say the least. Then the issue is can the jets get him in the building before June 1 ?  Not thrilled with that either. 

If he wants to play another year I think he stays in Green Bay and tries to get more offensive weapons for a final run. 

He’s such a douche. This is going to be AMAZING

• Haha 2

On one hand, can’t stand the guy.

On the other hand, can’t stand the thought of Minshew and Zach yakking it up in camp, telling the press they’re super good buddies and this is a healthy competition.

I think Rodgers is nowhere near the player that he was, but he’s still be the best QB we’ve had in over a decade. I don’t want to trade multiple first round picks for the guy at 39, but maybe there’s a scenario where GB does want to get rid of him and we are one of their few options. For all his faults, JD usually does okay in trades. 

72 hours ago I wanted nothing to do with him, but if it takes a 1st in 2024 or some mid round picks, **** it- sign me up.  This roster is still young and cheap. Our window is now.

• Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Rex definitely had his flaws, and his star burned out quickly, but those first two years with Rex's D and the Sanchez-led O were some of the best days of my Jets fandom.  Only the peak Parcells period can really compare.  Got to love his enduring enthusiasm for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

What's your solution at qb?

Hard to see why this wouldn’t happen now tbh.

All signs point to it. The Jets seemed to be briefing the insiders that it would be possible and not sure why they’d gets the fans invested for something they can’t deliver on.

It reeks of desperation and two 1sts is an absurd price for a guy who may be retired in 18 months but it would be pretty f*cking exciting to see him in a Jets uniform. Ronaldo to United vibes. 

On 1/24/2023 at 4:17 PM, Mogglez said:

I’m may get flack for this, but Aaron is absolutely in that conversation for me.  It’s similar to how a lot of older people I spoke to about football growing up used to tell me that Dan Marino will always be the greatest QB they ever watched, despite the lack of a ring/rings...except Aaron does currently have one, along with a Super Bowl MVP.

Rodgers is, by far, the most gifted passer I have ever watched, is someone I emulated when I played the position, and I would absolutely love to have him QB the Jets.

Agreed - he's in the GOAT convo for me. Mahomes is quickly encroaching on his turf as best/most gifted ever though.

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Woody is dying. He wants this so bad. He doesn't care about tomorrow. Anything for a shot today. 

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

aaron rodgers turns the jets from perennial laughing stock into a team who commands some respect. its like when the mets signed pedro martinez. aaron rodgers still has an incredibly quick release and his arm strength is fine. the team around him was pretty poor and he still put up stats that we can only wish a jets qb would engineer. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

aaron rodgers turns the jets from perennial laughing stock into a team who commands some respect. its like when the mets signed pedro martinez. aaron rodgers still has an incredibly quick release and his arm strength is fine. the team around him was pretty poor and he still put up stas that we can only wish a jets qb would engineer. 

This fanbase was clamoring for Mike White. lmao. A broken down Rodgers is light years beyond anything we could sniff.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

This fanbase was clamoring for Mike White. lmao. A broken down Rodgers is light years beyond anything we could sniff.

dude let me see just one person here who tries to say they'd rather roll with mike white over aaron f*cking rodgers. that's ban worthy!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

dude let me see just one person here who tries to say they'd rather roll with mike white over aaron f*cking rodgers. that's ban worthy!!!

Have you read this forum? People are angry at everything. They don't want Aaron Real F'ing Rodgers or Lamar MVP Jackson! But they cheer for Michael Might Not Be In The League Next Season White! Its insanity.

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Have you read this forum? People are angry at everything. They don't want Aaron Real F'ing Rodgers or Lamar MVP Jackson! But they cheer for Michael Might Not Be In The League Next Season White! Its insanity.

i've been reading this forums for many years.....people here say some crazy sh*t. i can't see one reason why getting aaron rodgers here isn't anything but a great move. idc that is will cost the #13 pick and probably a future 2nd or whatever. idc that he has a big contract. i am SICK AND F*CKING TIRED of the jets having absolute dog sh*t at the qb position!!!! i've been watching this team since ken o'brien and it's just been one huge disappointment after another!!! the best we got in that whole time was 1 year of lightning in a bottle from freaking vinny testaverde only to watch him blow out an achilles the next year. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO F*CKING CHEER FOR ALREADY!!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i've been reading this forums for many years.....people here say some crazy sh*t. i can't see one reason why getting aaron rodgers here isn't anything but a great move. idc that is will cost the #13 pick and probably a future 2nd or whatever. idc that he has a big contract. i am SICK AND F*CKING TIRED of the jets having absolute dog sh*t at the qb position!!!! i've been watching this team since ken o'brien and it's just been one huge disappointment after another!!! the best we got in that whole time was 1 year of lightning in a bottle from freaking vinny testaverde only to watch him blow out an achilles the next year. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO F*CKING CHEER FOR ALREADY!!!!

Pray Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Demic

Also, calm down bro. This is how you stroke out. I can feel your frustration through your words.