Bottom Line QB Position vs. the Team Concept

You can field a competitive team, just can’t have 2 gigantic contacts. Then you need the injury bug to be kind because the depth won’t be there. Here is the jets top 5 cap hits in 2023

C.J. Mosley$21,476,000

Laken Tomlinson$17,360,000

Carl Lawson$15,733,334

D.J. Reed$14,155,000

John Franklin-Myers$12,400,000 

Its what you get for the top contracts in production that matters. 

here’s top 5 packers

Aaron Rodgers$31,623,570

David Bakhtiari$28,853,749

Kenny Clark$23,973,000

Jaire Alexander$20,211,765

Aaron Jones$20,013,000

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Numbers, not opinions.

Opinion = this offense is a contender with Mike White + Minshew + a rookie QB

Numbers = this team can easily fit Aaron Rodgers

They're more likely a contender with Rodgers and the spending flexibility they still have than with that depressing trio of future empty stadium seats.

All the complaints you have about the team, valid and otherwise, are still quite adequately addressable even with Rodgers here under a mega-expensive contract. 

Team can fit Rodgers at the cost of continuing to build..... 2 first rounders probably gone  along with the rookie money they would be getting paid for 4-5 years. You also have to pay Quinnen top dollar playing at an All-Pro Level. We know we can't rely on Becton and we have a Tackle problem . We are middling at best at Center and we have a Low end playing Tomlinson. But hey great QB's don't need OL or a big target right ? The only guy I feel Comfortable coming back is AVT but hey we got plenty of Money paying a 50 mil QB and an all pro in Q which winds up in the 70-75 mil range. Corey Davis is a thorn in our offense's foot and needs to be replaced so while his money goes back on the books is it gone due to 2 huge signings ?

Show me how easily this team fills holes after we sign Rodgers and Q ...Biggest concern the OL that's going to protect that 50 mil investment

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

My Fault for posting this and expecting some intelligent answers . First off Mike White is far from sucking. What does suck is your contribution . Mike White has sustained one bad injury in his career and it was because he stood tough in the pocket and tried to make a play something other QB's never do, and that's not just Jets QB's. He broke 5 ribs on a vicious hit and still gets people like you saying he sucks or he's brittle that's nothing but a childish take on the situation. 

If we happen to get Rodgers you can start subtracting players from a very good roster and lose the first rounder you currently have. Rodgers like every other QB in this league needs players behind him think losing Davonte didn't have an effect on his season ? So If he comes to the Jets what's going to happen ? Cant get any OL cant get that big target and while we will probably make the playoffs there are teams that Rodgers just wont be able to beat by himself. How we signing Quinnen ?

Lamar LOL that a real laugher same situation BUT 2 first round picks gone, Lose players to make room for his salary, Restucture others all for a glorified RB who can't throw when its needed most IN THE PLAYOFF's .

Carr is the only guy we could possibly get away with keeping 1st round picks but forget adding players to fill holes its just not happening. So is Carr good enough ? Maybe playoffs again but try and go head to head with Burrow and Mahomes. 

You guys can laugh all you want but making this defense more elite adding a Big Target WR that's not Corey Davis and making this entire roster better is what will win games NOT addition with subtraction.

I wanted Rodgers last year when he was having issues in GB . I made mention of having Zach sit for 2-3 years behind Rodgers and got laughed out of that thread but at least that gave us the option to Structure Rodgers to our liking and needs and it gave Zach time to learn. Remember this thread when this team over all gets weaker to add a big name QB and just remember I'll be laughing in most of your faces when this team does not produce the SB you all want. The playoffs expose weak teams, just ask Rodgers, Marino, and the rest of a long line of QB's who were lucky to win one SB or not win one at all.

Now you’re just making it up to scare people away from thinking any of these QBs are better choices over White.  With any of them the Jets won’t be able to put together a team and they’d have to shed talent immediately.  
A better situation apparently is to go with the less talented QB who won’t cost as much.  Let’s go with a QB who can’t win because he saves money.  
somehow KC, Baltimore, Rams etc can put well rounded teams together while paying a QB.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Great post except NOT MFW.  Plug in any other more legit FA like Minshew or Tannehill or even Baker and I'm all in.  I want to keep my assets and keep building my team.  Stay the course JD!  

I don't think either of those QB's are as good as Mike White and White already has a good relationship with this offense. Were you watching Mike White Play this year ? If not for all the drops and fumbles in the Buffalo and Minnesota game we probably make the playoffs. Would not have made it far since it was obvious Mike White was effected by 5 broken ribs but the guy can play and he moves this offense so I'm sure why people push him aside 

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would take a good QB and a complete team over a 50 Million Dollar QB and a flawed team every day of the week. 

This isn’t the only scenario available.  Other teams are proving your scare tactic is just that.  
Argue your case for MK at QB based on what White brings to the table compared to a Rodgers.  Not on some theory we’re stuck without a C and LT won’t bounce back and we won’t be able to replace him because we’d be in cap hell. 

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I don't think either of those QB's are as good as Mike White and White already has a good relationship with this offense. Were you watching Mike White Play this year ? If not for all the drops and fumbles in the Buffalo and Minnesota game we probably make the playoffs. Would not have made it far since it was obvious Mike White was effected by 5 broken ribs but the guy can play and he moves this offense so I'm sure why people push him aside 

I watched MFW.  He was able to get the most out of MLF's scheme despite the very lame play calling efforts by our then OC.  The team loves MFW but IMHO only as compared to ZW.

MFW had our top tier defense backing him up and he was still unable to get it done.  We need an upgrade.  I think there are FA's out there that wouldn't cripple us and that would be an upgrade.  That is my take. 

I like everything you said in your OP except MFW.   Worst comes to worst I'd prefer your scheme over Rodgers or Lamarr.  Carr might be doable but I'm no cap guru so I donno.               

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now you’re just making it up to scare people away from thinking any of these QBs are better choices over White.  With any of them the Jets won’t be able to put together a team and they’d have to shed talent immediately.  
A better situation apparently is to go with the less talented QB who won’t cost as much.  Let’s go with a QB who can’t win because he saves money.  
somehow KC, Baltimore, Rams etc can put well rounded teams together while paying a QB.  

When Elite level QB's are paid their teams usually decline and while they have good records and get to the playoffs their limitations show up at some point and they never get to a SB again . Like I said you think Mahomes wont miss Tyreek Hill ? You know Rodgers Missed Davonte but hey lets just ignore those facts. The Jets are not currently in a position to say lets drop 50 on a QB while still having to pay Quinnen and rebuild at least 3/5ths of the OL and replace Corey Davis because he just plain sucks. Those are most pressing needs and while you guys disagree with me I have not seen anything that shows we can pull all those things off .

I love Rodgers he's one of my favorite players in the league. A lot of his anger stemmed from GB not making good moves in his eyes. Getting Love when they could have used that pick for holes in the roster , letting Davonte Adams go .... The Rams got Stafford and won a SB but the Rams were ready and just lacked the QB you think thats us ?? With our Current OL situation ? You relying on guys like Becton and Tomlinson and the 900 year old Brown and Fant ? Our D is ready no doubt but we have issues on Offense. Remember Davonte Adams does not exist on the Jets either 

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I watched MFW.  He was able to get the most out of MLF's scheme despite the very lame play calling efforts by our then OC.  The team loves MFW but IMHO only as compared to ZW.

MFW had our top tier defense backing him up and he was still unable to get it done.  We need an upgrade.  I think there are FA's out there that wouldn't cripple us and that would be an upgrade.  That is my take. 

I like everything you said in your OP except MFW.   Worst comes to worst I'd prefer your scheme over Rodgers or Lamarr.  Carr might be doable but I'm no cap guru so I donno.               

So the 300 + YPG he was putting up and the 400 plus yards of offense all without AVT, Breece Hall and a sh*tty OL  just gets tossed in the sh*tter, cause you know, MW ?

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If the jets don’t bring MW back, who signs him to a starter deal ? Specifically which team ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I mean, Woody has already talked about spending to upgrade the QB position so I think that rules out Mike White as the starter next year.  I don't necessarily think that means it will definitely be a guy like Lamar, Carr, or Jimmy though.  I do think this front office will want to leave the door open for Zach to turn things around and take the reigns.  Whether that's bringing in Rodgers or another short term option remains to be seen.  

All I do know is, **** trading two 1sts for Rodgers.  No thank you.  If given the choice between two 1sts for Rodgers OR Mike White, I'm taking Mike White.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

When Elite level QB's are paid their teams usually decline and while they have good records and get to the playoffs their limitations show up at some point and they never get to a SB again . 

I don’t agree with this statement and no one is recommending spending $50 million on a QB. To your point I could understand and support passing on acquiring a veteran, Carr, Rogers or whoever, going with White and Wilson in 2023, but we have to take a QB in the draft. That means relying on our GM to make a good choice and our coaching staff to, you know, coach him. Both of these hold not small risks.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This isn’t the only scenario available.  Other teams are proving your scare tactic is just that.  
Argue your case for MK at QB based on what White brings to the table compared to a Rodgers.  Not on some theory we’re stuck without a C and LT won’t bounce back and we won’t be able to replace him because we’d be in cap hell. 

Aaron Rodgers this year WITHOUT Davonte Adams  3695 Yards 26 TD's 12 Ints 64 Comp Percentage

With Davonte Adams just last year 4115 yards 37 TD's 4 Ints 68 Comp Percentage

Currently the NY Jets do not have Davonte Adams at 6-5 making huge catches all over the field . So was it the Packers losing Davonte that cause the Huge Drop off and 3 x the Int Numbers ? Or is Rodgers just falling off a cliff. 

13-3 13-4 record with Davonte and Rodgers lighting it up in 20 and 21

Opposed to no Davonte and 8-9

My numbers that somehow don't work are above for you to read. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

When Elite level QB's are paid their teams usually decline and while they have good records and get to the playoffs their limitations show up at some point and they never get to a SB again . Like I said you think Mahomes wont miss Tyreek Hill ? You know Rodgers Missed Davonte but hey lets just ignore those facts. The Jets are not currently in a position to say lets drop 50 on a QB while still having to pay Quinnen and rebuild at least 3/5ths of the OL and replace Corey Davis because he just plain sucks. Those are most pressing needs and while you guys disagree with me I have not seen anything that shows we can pull all those things off .

I love Rodgers he's one of my favorite players in the league. A lot of his anger stemmed from GB not making good moves in his eyes. Getting Love when they could have used that pick for holes in the roster , letting Davonte Adams go .... The Rams got Stafford and won a SB but the Rams were ready and just lacked the QB you think thats us ?? With our Current OL situation ? You relying on guys like Becton and Tomlinson and the 900 year old Brown and Fant ? Our D is ready no doubt but we have issues on Offense. Remember Davonte Adams does not exist on the Jets either 

Mahomes is in the AFCCG.  He threw for 5200 yards and 41 TDs.  Led the NFL in yards per and yards.  He doesn’t miss Hill.  Would he like to have him, sure he’s another weapon but he doesn’t need Hill to get to or win the SB.  KC lost last year with Hill and have been one of the favorites all year 

Yes I think we can get to the playoffs and would capable of winning with our D and a winning QB.  Why not?  Of all the teams in this years playoffs, which team not named the 49rs have a better D?  It’s too simple to just say the OL will stay unhealthy and Davis is t good enough at WR, we can’t help areas of the team that need help so we’re better off going into the playoffs with the least talented QB in the playoffs.  Let’s follow the Tannehill formula, rob Peter to pay Paul kind of proactive where you win 10 or 11 and never threaten to make the SB because your QB doesn’t stack up.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Team can fit Rodgers at the cost of continuing to build..... 2 first rounders probably gone  along with the rookie money they would be getting paid for 4-5 years. You also have to pay Quinnen top dollar playing at an All-Pro Level. We know we can't rely on Becton and we have a Tackle problem . We are middling at best at Center and we have a Low end playing Tomlinson. But hey great QB's don't need OL or a big target right ? The only guy I feel Comfortable coming back is AVT but hey we got plenty of Money paying a 50 mil QB and an all pro in Q which winds up in the 70-75 mil range. Corey Davis is a thorn in our offense's foot and needs to be replaced so while his money goes back on the books is it gone due to 2 huge signings ?

Show me how easily this team fills holes after we sign Rodgers and Q ...Biggest concern the OL that's going to protect that 50 mil investment

It is not lost on me that the lingering Mike White truthers were, once upon a time, Brooks Bollinger’s most ardent fans. I understand the appeal of a rags to riches fairytale, but it will not be White. You can fight it all you want, but he is injury prone. He’s been knocked out of multiple games and will continue to because of his lack of athleticism, skinny frame, and lack of arm strength to scare anyone deep. No one in the league views him as a starter which we will all see as free agency plays out.

I’m very much with you when it comes to Lamar and Carr, but I do not think Rodgers will cost two #1 picks. I would not pay that and would be unhappy if JD did. If he’s traded here, about $24M of his current cap figures over the next two years evaporate because that’s residual pro-rated bonus money the Packers still have coming due, so his contract is actually more affordable than it appears right now. Like it or don’t, but the Jets will likely carry Zach, and likely still hold out some hope for some sort of resuscitation. Unless JD can shock us with another big trade, he’ll likely be one of three QBs on the roster. If White is somehow one of the other two, it will mean that every other QB angle they could come up with failed. I do not expect White on the roster next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

I don’t agree with this statement and no one is recommending spending $50 million on a QB. To your point I could understand and support passing on acquiring a veteran, Carr, Rogers or whoever, going with White and Wilson in 2023, but we have to take a QB in the draft. That means relying on our GM to make a good choice and our coaching staff to, you know, coach him. Both of these hold not small risks.

I would try and grab Minshew and yes I would also 100 % draft a QB. We can't trust Zach in any capacity.

When It comes to 50 mil and Rodgers I was addressing the people who want that deal

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Aaron Rodgers this year WITHOUT Davonte Adams  3695 Yards 26 TD's 12 Ints 64 Comp Percentage

With Davonte Adams just last year 4115 yards 37 TD's 4 Ints 68 Comp Percentage

Currently the NY Jets do not have Davonte Adams at 6-5 making huge catches all over the field . So was it the Packers losing Davonte that cause the Huge Drop off and 3 x the Int Numbers ? Or is Rodgers just falling off a cliff. 

13-3 13-4 record with Davonte and Rodgers lighting it up in 20 and 21

Opposed to no Davonte and 8-9

My numbers that somehow don't work are above for you to read. 

LOL, he lost Adams and had no one else to throw the ball to.  So yeah without a consistent target he struggled early while the kids started to learn the position.  Still while his yardage did go down, he threw for 3700 yds, 26TDs and only 12INTs and graded out at 91.1?  And why am I supposed to care.  He would have GWilson as his WR until he retires

Larz that's not what this is about. I don't give a sh*t who signs who but White will get some offers. 

As a backup, I agree.  Doubtful anyone is signing a FA QB who has a history of breaking easily to be their starter. 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Larz that's not what this is about. I don't give a sh*t who signs who but White will get some offers. 

The point is if you look around the league you see that every team has a MW on the roster already but there are only a handful of actual difference makers. If you can get one you do. There is a reason teams aren’t promoting backups to starters to save cap space. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

My Fault for posting this and expecting some intelligent answers . First off Mike White is far from sucking. What does suck is your contribution . Mike White has sustained one bad injury in his career and it was because he stood tough in the pocket and tried to make a play something other QB's never do, and that's not just Jets QB's. He broke 5 ribs on a vicious hit and still gets people like you saying he sucks or he's brittle that's nothing but a childish take on the situation. 

If we happen to get Rodgers you can start subtracting players from a very good roster and lose the first rounder you currently have. Rodgers like every other QB in this league needs players behind him think losing Davonte didn't have an effect on his season ? So If he comes to the Jets what's going to happen ? Cant get any OL cant get that big target and while we will probably make the playoffs there are teams that Rodgers just wont be able to beat by himself. How we signing Quinnen ?

Lamar LOL that a real laugher same situation BUT 2 first round picks gone, Lose players to make room for his salary, Restucture others all for a glorified RB who can't throw when its needed most IN THE PLAYOFF's .

Carr is the only guy we could possibly get away with keeping 1st round picks but forget adding players to fill holes its just not happening. So is Carr good enough ? Maybe playoffs again but try and go head to head with Burrow and Mahomes. 

You guys can laugh all you want but making this defense more elite adding a Big Target WR that's not Corey Davis and making this entire roster better is what will win games NOT addition with subtraction.

I wanted Rodgers last year when he was having issues in GB . I made mention of having Zach sit for 2-3 years behind Rodgers and got laughed out of that thread but at least that gave us the option to Structure Rodgers to our liking and needs and it gave Zach time to learn. Remember this thread when this team over all gets weaker to add a big name QB and just remember I'll be laughing in most of your faces when this team does not produce the SB you all want. The playoffs expose weak teams, just ask Rodgers, Marino, and the rest of a long line of QB's who were lucky to win one SB or not win one at all.

You Mike White stans are on another level. He had 0 passing TDs in his last 3 games. His completion % was 55 which is beyond terrible. You act like him standing in the pocket taking huge uneeded hits is a good thing. Qbs worth their salt completely avoid hits like. I can’t believe there are still people out there who would destroy the season just to trot out their boy because he has a feel good story. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, he lost Adams and had no one else to throw the ball to.  So yeah without a consistent target he struggled early while the kids started to learn the position.  Still while his yardage did go down, he threw for 3700 yds, 26TDs and only 12INTs and graded out at 91.1?  And why am I supposed to care.  He would have GWilson as his WR until he retires

only 12 ints ? 3 less than the league leader

1 minute ago, OilfieldJet said:

There's risk no matter what, unfortunately.  Risk trading two 1sts for Rodgers and watching him retire in 2 years.  Now you're back to square one and you've gone two years without a 1st rounder.  Risk trading three 1sts for Lamar only for him to get hurt and never recover.  Risk signing Carr who has never won anything to big money - not knowing if he can even handle the NY market.  Risk paying Jimmy G and watch him get hurt every year.  

I think you can go the short term option, draft a QB late this year, evaluate both Zach and the '23 draft QB at the end of next season, and if you're still not sold you can take all that draft capital that you would have traded for Rodgers and instead move up in '24 to get one of those big QB prospects.  I'd feel better about moving all those picks on a gamble like that than I would on a 39 year old QB who will probably only give us two seasons, or even Lamar and the injury risk and cap hit he carries. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

only 12 ints ? 3 less than the league leader

Yeah, only 12 INTs.  That’s not a crazy high number, hence the 91.1 QB ranking 

Youre not getting how raw and lean his WR unit was last season

Have you moved on from we won’t be able to field a team to Rodgers isn’t good he throws too many INTS?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is a joke about his ribs, yes?

yeah cause its real cool to joke about a player who got demolished on a play that would have sent any QB to the hospital and the fact he came back in the game with 5 broken ribs is something we should all take lessons from to routinely joke about.

For the record I keep seeing this stupid ass nonsense that I'm somehow advocating Mike White be the only Option and no where in any of my posts do I say that. I do believe we should Sign another QB like a Minshew as a back up or even as a guy who can compete . People tend to make sh*t up to strengthen their argument but I never said Mike White should go into this alone with Wilson as his back up.

Except for the MW take I hope and pray that JD this thinking along these lines and is not about to mortgage our future.  I do not like the fact that Woody has come out and said he is willing to pay for a FQB.  I hope this mean Carr rather than the other two.  I could live with Carr.     

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not selling the farm for guys like Rogers and Lamar = good

Trotting out Mike = BAD

Thus that leaves us  with one choice, go get Derrick Carr = GOOD

I think I prefer Carr in all this too when you measure all the capital to risk.

However… Garoppolo would cost no picks.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Seriously?

You are over-obsessed with the idea that every position needs to be perfect for success. Buffalo lost to Cincy because their D shut down Buffalo's offense.

Never mind the idea that, what made Rodgers a great QB was having Davante Adams. He kept forcing it in to Adams because that was the only receiver he had. The problem wasn't the oversimplified "without Adams" it's that they Admas + nobody and then replaced Adams with nobody. ****ing Allen Lazard was their WR1, paired with Randall Cobb years past his usefulness, and 3 starts of Sammy Watkins who's struggled to put up Corey Davis numbers with the game's most elite QBs. Oh yeah, and some TE you'd have never heard of if Rodgers wasn't embedding spirals between his numbers from 10 yards away, who was backing up 37 year-old Marcedes Lewis. To say you're oversimplifying, by essentially saying he sucks without Davante Adams, would be an understatement. 

I've outlined about 10x how they can erase $60MM from the payroll from 5 nonessential, badly overpaid players: CJM, Lawson, Davis, Tomlinson, and Berrios. Right there is an even-swap for Rodgers and they would have $10MM leftover. Beyond that they have a stupidly-easy way of backloading a few more contracts because 2024 will have some $120-150MM in cap space (minus a presumed ~$25MM for QW's extension).

If you can't figure out how they can swap out those mediocre starters for other much cheaper mediocre starters, plus a couple more, with another $70MM or however much more you'd love to spend by pushing off a bunch of 2023 hits to next season, then that's not on me.

With some minor tweaks this is a playoff team - that means a legitimate SB contender - with the right QB. They beat up on Buffalo with ****ing Wilson QBing the team ffs.

It's a cross-your-fingers 9-8 or maybe even 10-7 team if Mike White can stay on the field for 7-10 of those games, if everybody else stays healthy around him.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You're ignoring other facts.  KC hasn't declined since paying Mahomes or lossing Hill.  KC and Philadelphia tied for the best record in the league this year.   Guess why Philadelphia and KC had the best record in the league this year.  Coaching roster and great, elite QB play.  KC with a healthy Mahomes might have their best team since he arrived.  The D is staked and the OL is as good as it has ever been.  

Rodgers didn't get to a SB with Devonte and he broke his thumb this year.  The Packers didn't get elite QB play this year.   The Packers were 3 and 1 when Rodgers broke his thumb against the Giants in game 5 in London.   

Here's the real issue with this team.  They blew two top picks on QB's.  The blew a third high 1st on a bust LT.  The Eagles, Bengals, Chargers, Baltimore and Jacksonville didn't blow their QB picks.  

We did get a little lucky.  It appears that Miami and New England both blew their first round picks on a QB.  Buffalo didn't and despite injuries and a high paid QB they are the best team in the division by miles.  

Brady will probably be on Miami next year.  Mac Jones who sucks is still better than Mike White.  Our coaching staff lost the team in the middle of the year and Saleh may well be the worst HC in the division for a very long time.  

We also have several really good early draft picks.  They are going to get paid or they are gone in a few years.  We can't waste them with Mike White or another mediocre QB.   The window will close.  We are done getting picks for Darnold and Adams.  We are no longer drafting in the top 10.  The window is very short and while Douglas has drafted some A plus talent he has also drafted some A plus busts.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, only 12 INTs.  That’s not a crazy high number, hence the 91.1 QB ranking 

Youre not getting how raw and lean his WR unit was last season

Have you moved on from we won’t be able to field a team to Rodgers isn’t good he throws too many INTS?

I watch every game the Packers play they are basically my second favorite team very distant second. But hey how come Rodgers didn't do what all great QB's do ? Or what every Jets fan think they do. Just win with anything, throw players open, you know all the bullsh*t QB lingo people adopt who really know nothing about the position. 

So his WR group was Raw Pity they could not afford Davonte wonder why that was ? You still not getting the connection. Sure Mahomes had his usual Mahomes year but when he played Buffalo and Cincy (reg season) and Lost you know the games that matter I'm sure Tyreek didn't cross his mind at all. We'll see how losing Tyreek pans out this weekend when he has to try and outscore the Bengals. I keep telling you guys when it comes to these teams and these elite QB's the Regular season is the beatdown of inferior teams come playoff time every single player counts and if you lose a great one it tips the scales in a huge way for so many reasons. 

I 100 % know the value of a great QB but the playoffs is a different season all together. 

I do believe we should Sign another QB like a Minshew as a back up or even as a guy who can compete .

Minshew was unimpressive this year on a very good Eagles team. The idea that him and White would somehow be a better QB plan than any of Carr, Lamar, Rodgers, Jimmy, etc, is flat out silly - and I don’t like most of those options, either! You’re calling others in this thread unintelligent only because they’re correctly disagreeing with your bad idea. 

• Upvote 3