Who Is League MVP?

Who is MVP?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is MVP?

57 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Hurst record in games he started is 14 and 1.  Burrow's record in 16 game starts in 12 and 4, Mahomes in 17 game starts 14 and 3.  Josh Allen 16 game starts 13 and 3.  Jefferson 17 game starts 13 and 4.

Hard to penalize Hurst for winning more games than Allen, Burrow and Jefferson in his game starts and having a better win lost percentage than Mahomes with the same amount of wins.  

If we learned one thing this year it should have been….wins are not a qb stat 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The logic is that you are judged on the whole season of work.  The Jets did not win when Wilson was out, that does not make him any better, Lamar went out and the ravens faded.  You get no bonus points because your team does not have a good enough backup Qb or plan.

So how come Purdy is short listed for OROTY? ;-) 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Eh, Eagles looked not the same when Hurts went out for a couple of games. It's really neck and neck between Mahomes and Hurts. 

very small sample size but they went right down and scored a TD w/Henne last week when Mahomes went out for a series. Chiefs were a playoff team w/Alex Smith before Mahomes took over. He makes them elite but the drop-off seems a lot smaller between Mahomes and a backup than Hurts and a backup. 

Both make their offenses elite. 

Mahomes puts up more gaudy passing stats but Hurts is more dangerous as a dual threat. I don't think the gap is as far as some suggest.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

very small sample size but they went right down and scored a TD w/Henne last week when Mahomes went out for a series. Chiefs were a playoff team w/Alex Smith before Mahomes took over. He makes them elite but the drop-off seems a lot smaller between Mahomes and a backup than Hurts and a backup. 

Both make their offenses elite. 

Mahomes puts up more gaudy passing stats but Hurts is more dangerous as a dual threat. I don't think the gap is as far as some suggest.

I think the definition of "MVP" is part of the trickiness in answering the question.

Is it who is the most valuable player to their team? To the league overall? Is it actually "best player"? Should position matter? s it "if you could pick one player to start a new team with, who would it be"? Sometimes it can be tricky to work out who an individual team's MVP is, never mind in the whole league. Take the 49ers for example - who would it be there? Purdy because he's the QB? Deebo? Kittle? Bosa?

Most Valuable Player to me is who is the player that their team can least live without - that makes the most difference as a single player. Which is why I voted Hurts. If the choice was "who would I most want on the Jets" it would be Mahomes. 

• Upvote 2