First Jets Domino: OC or QB?

Presumably it would be the Offensive Coordinator..

If the Jets are interested in Carr, a trade will need to happen by February 15th (3 days after the Super Bowl) or the Raiders will release Carr due to cap implications.

Operating under the assumption we are not looking to trade a king’s ransom for Jackson or Rodgers, I see the Jets announcing their OC by early February and making a trade for Carr and the flexibility his current contract provides.

So what is the current holdup?  Are they waiting to see what happens with Reich?

Waiting for the Eagles to be eliminated, even though they already interviewed the Eagle assistants?

It’s going to be an interesting few weeks.

Interesting tidbit here.  In the very unlikely event that Rodgers comes to the Jets (and I wound not be in favor of having him) the OC hire hardly matters.  Rodgers would be the de facto OC very much the way Favre was.  Rodgers knows more offense than most every OC in the league.  

from what i understand they're still waiting for a couple of guys from philly to interview.  they can't or won't until after philly is out of the playoffs.  this is probably why they haven't hired hackjob jr or one of the others yet.  i think things will fall into place pdq once the superbowl is over.

53 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Interesting tidbit here.  In the very unlikely event that Rodgers comes to the Jets (and I wound not be in favor of having him) the OC hire hardly matters.  Rodgers would be the de facto OC very much the way Favre was.  Rodgers knows more offense than most every OC in the league.  

It might actually make it more important.  Placating Rodgers and dealing with his ego will be a huge deal.  Having some sh*thead ignore the OC was not the best situation and got most people fired. 

I don't think there are many options for QB that will be available, unless there is a trade that won't be able to be made official (ala Alex Smith) for a month or so.  Maybe Carr will have to hit the street around February 15th or so.  Most until mid to late March.  I would certainly hope that our OC position is filled by then

• Upvote 1

Anything but Rodgers would be a let down at this point. I don't care who the OC is. 

Carr and whoever would be as exciting as an extra chicken mcnugget in my order.  It's a nice little surprise but at the end of the day it's just a f'ing mcnugget. 

• Haha 2

L

31 minutes ago, Pac said:

Anything but Rodgers would be a let down at this point. I don't care who the OC is. 

Carr and whoever would be as exciting as an extra chicken mcnugget in my order.  It's a nice little surprise but at the end of the day it's just a f'ing mcnugget. 

Wait, you eat them one at a time? 

IF, and it's a big if, they are going to trade for Rodgers I think that has to be in place prior to bringing the OC in.  I think Rodgers and Hackett are going to be a combo deal.  Rodgers is very fond of Hackett and won 2 MVP's with him in 2020 and 2021 as the OC in GB.  Rodgers down 2022 can be more attributed to Hackett being gone than Rodgers's talent slipping.  A Hackett hire would more than likely signify a Rodgers trade is incoming in my opinion.  

Whenever you're going to spend that much money and assets to bring in a QB you should get the QB first and then target the OC that makes the most sense for that QB to be successful.  Whether thats Carr, Rodgers or Lamar.  Thats why like I said earlier, if you're going to bring in Rodgers then you're going to offer Hackett the OC and Assistant HC title and pay him pretty much whatever he wants to make sure he comes so you can maximize the production of your QB.  Trying to pair Rodgers or Carr up with a young OC who they've never worked with is a recipe for disaster.

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

So Rodgers is going to game plan, decide who plays or not, script plays, call plays during games and practice.  
Favre had Shotty eliminate plays he didn’t like and simplified the playbook.  He wasn’t the de facto OC.  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The senior bowl is usually where staffs get assembled 

I'd expect an OC hire that first week of February or sooner. 

Senior Bowl starts Monday so usually new HC hires are made before then. Obviously some of the best OC candidates are still playing so Jets hire could be as late as after the Super Bowl

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So Rodgers is going to game plan, decide who plays or not, script plays, call plays during games and practice.  

He wont be assembling the play book.  But he'd dictating a lot of it.  Not just the nomenclature.  The type of offense itself.  And you can be sure that he'd be calling most of the plays or changing the ones that were called

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

He wont be assembling the play book.  But he'd dictating a lot of it.  Not just the nomenclature.  The type of offense itself.  And you can be sure that he'd be calling most of the plays or changing the ones that were called

That’s not being an OC