QB Carosuel.....who goes where?

Beerfish

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Where do you think all the QBs will end up when all is said and done?  (Not who you hope goes where but who you think will go where.)

Aaron Rodgers - Jets:  I do think they go all in and get Rodgers (even though I do not approve).  Wilson will be around in hopes of salvaging some value.  The Jets will offer Mike White a contract but it will not be enough for him to not sign elsewhere.

Lamar Jackson - Back with the Ravens, even if they have to franchise him.

Derrick Carr - Tennessee

Jimmy Garapollo - Las Vegas

Tom Brady - Miami

Sam Darnold - Carolina

Baker Mayfield - LA Rams

Ryan Tannehill - Indianapolis (as a place holder for their highly drafted QB)

Geno Smith - Seattle

Daniel Jones - Giants

Sounds about right. That leaves Rodgers or minshew for the jets.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Where do you think all the QBs will end up when all is said and done?  (Not who you hope goes where but who you think will go where.)

Aaron Rodgers - Jets:  I do think they go all in and get Rodgers (even though I do not approve).  Wilson will be around in hopes of salvaging some value.  The Jets will offer Mike White a contract but it will not be enough for him to not sign elsewhere.

Derrick Carr - Tennessee

Tom Brady - Miami

Sam Darnold - Carolina

Baker Mayfield - LA Rams

Geno Smith - Seattle

Daniel Jones - Giants

Agree with all of this.

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I have a feeling Rodgers ends up with the Jets. Rodgers with the Jets will make us a much better team, I think it would be a very good move.

I think that's very debatable.  I'm not sure he's the same player (he's old) and giving up picks and paying him a ridiculous amount over two years will hurt the roster.  Plus, he is not a clutch playoff QB. He has underperformed at home vs inferior opponents repeatedly in January. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think the Panthers stand pat with Darnold if they can avoid it.  David Tepper always wants to make a big splash.  Carr seems like a possibility there.  

They already interviewed Sean Payton so definitely they’re not afraid to splash

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Derrick Carr - Tennessee

Tom Brady - Miami

Sam Darnold - Carolina

Baker Mayfield - LA Rams

Geno Smith - Seattle

Daniel Jones - Giants

Seriously, how much do you think Mike White gets offered on the open market?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Rodgers is not coming to NYJ....he is openly at war with the pharma companies pushing the covid shots - J&J being one of them.   I just don't see a Rodgers + brothers Johnson marriage.

I’m pretty sure Woody and Chris don’t do much more than share a name with J&J anymore. 

• Upvote 3

Even if that's the worst case scenario, not sure I see a guy like Tannehill choose to be a placeholder for a top-4 pick over coming here.  I know Tannehill isn't exactly a "sexy" option but he's still a decent QB and a pretty big upgrade on anything we had last year.  Just don't see how we would lose out to a rebuilding team offering a placeholder spot unless they offer some absurd money.  

• Upvote 1

I think that's very debatable.  I'm not sure he's the same player (he's old) and giving up picks and paying him a ridiculous amount over two years will hurt the roster.  Plus, he is not a clutch playoff QB. He has underperformed at home vs inferior opponents repeatedly in January. 
I witnessed an ancient Montana have success in elder state at KC .. Rogers might be the perfect bridge for this team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think the Panthers stand pat with Darnold if they can avoid it.  David Tepper always wants to make a big splash.  Carr seems like a possibility there.  

If they draft Richardson I can see it.  A lot of mocks now have him going there at #9, right after the other 3 QBs get taken.  Otherwise you're right, they would rather upgrade I'm sure.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I witnessed an ancient Montana have success in elder state at KC .. Rogers might be the perfect bridge for this team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure anyone is disputing that he makes us a much better team, the problem is the cost.  If that 2 1st rounder theory is correct then it absolutely would hurt us.  Trading 2 1sts for a guy who will only be here for 2 years is probably not the smartest move.  It's one thing if it's a guy Lamar's age, but the expectation is Rodgers will most likely retire after 1 or 2 more years.  

Bridges are great.  Bridges that cost 2 1sts are not that great.  By definition a bridge is there to carry you from one era to the next.  They typically don't cost you anything but a contract or a late pick.  I have no problem paying a premium for Rodgers because he's Aaron Rodgers, but that would be more in the "a couple of 2nds" range.  If some other team wants to beat that, let them.  I don't think there will be many that would, and those that would, I'm not sure Rodgers would agree to play for.  I get the feeling we're on the short list of teams that would be interested and that he would be interested in playing for.  

7 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Not sure anyone is disputing that he makes us a much better team, the problem is the cost.  If that 2 1st rounder theory is correct then it absolutely would hurt us.  Trading 2 1sts for a guy who will only be here for 2 years is probably not the smartest move.  It's one thing if it's a guy Lamar's age, but the expectation is Rodgers will most likely retire after 1 or 2 more years.  

Bridges are great.  Bridges that cost 2 1sts are not that great.  By definition a bridge is there to carry you from one era to the next.  They typically don't cost you anything but a contract or a late pick.  I have no problem paying a premium for Rodgers because he's Aaron Rodgers, but that would be more in the "a couple of 2nds" range.  If some other team wants to beat that, let them.  I don't think there will be many that would, and those that would, I'm not sure Rodgers would agree to play for.  I get the feeling we're on the short list of teams that would be interested and that he would be interested in playing for.  

He doesn't have a "no trade clause" in his contract. If GB wants to trade him anywhere, they can. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

What is the obsession with Minshew on this board? I think if all the top guys are off the board there are still like four or five better options. 

name em.  cause minshew is honestly probably the better option over tannehill, potentially jimmy g.

4 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Rodgers is not coming to NYJ....he is openly at war with the pharma companies pushing the covid shots - J&J being one of them.   I just don't see a Rodgers + brothers Johnson marriage.

Money and good players trumps everything with people.

7 hours ago, JetsAddict said:

What is the obsession with Minshew on this board? I think if all the top guys are off the board there are still like four or five better options. 

mishew has done pretty well on the teams he's qbed for.  most times he was pushed out because the teams opted for a more athletic player not because he wasn't moving the offense.  imo he's like fitzy in that he's been around and can play well for extended periods.  the jets would be able to give him a solid run game and that will help out with any issues he has passing.

Aaron Rodgers - Denver, Packers make a 3 way trade sending Russ to the jets.

Lamar Jackson - Ravens

Derrick Carr - Tampa Bay

Tom Brady - Miami

Sam Darnold - Carolina

Baker Mayfield - LA Rams

Ryan Tannehill - Indianapolis 

Geno Smith - Seattle

Daniel Jones - Giants

What is the obsession with Minshew on this board?

Cheap (salary wise), probably available at low trade/signing cost, and meaningfully better than anyone on our roster.

I think if all the top guys are off the board there are still like four or five better options. 

Top guys being Brady/Rodgers/Lamr/Carr/Garrapolo/Tannehill (i.e the established starters)?

Who are the 4-5 better options as you see it excluding those guys?

• Upvote 1