Kiper mocks us a receiver

hmhertz

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Say the Jets land Rodgers without parting with this years 1 - I’ve seen a day 2 pick this year and a conditional first next year tossed around… that would put the Jets in a position where they could truly make luxury picks. Another stud WR, TE Michael Mayer, etc. would all be in play and would put this offense over the top in terms of overall talent when paired with AR12 and the current offense.

I like it. Load up at the skill positions and let’s put up 28 points a game with a top 5 defense… Time to go all in

Michael Mayer is a beast

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

not sure if i want a WR if we land a big QB they will make Moore and Mims look alot better. even Davis. 

CJ is probably gone so we can pay QW. that LB spot lead us in tackles and is probably a big spot for us. got to get a real good replacement. 

Moore is as overrated as it gets.

• Upvote 1

The 2 best mock drafts last year were Brendan Donahue and Ryan McCrystal. Donahue was money the last 5 years too. 

They don’t do a mock every 2 weeks in the spring tho. His isn’t out yet probably because it’s 2 months too soon 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Say the Jets land Rodgers without parting with this years 1 - I’ve seen a day 2 pick this year and a conditional first next year tossed around… that would put the Jets in a position where they could truly make luxury picks. Another stud WR, TE Michael Mayer, etc. would all be in play and would put this offense over the top in terms of overall talent when paired with AR12 and the current offense.

I like it. Load up at the skill positions and let’s put up 28 points a game with a top 5 defense… Time to go all in

21 minutes ago, pointman said:

Wait! You heard that about acquiring A-A-Ron??? That would be amazing.

I would much rather give the 1st rounder this year and get that part out of the way.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd be pretty upset with this pick, not cause its a WR but because we pass on Broderick Jones. 

Hurt all year, only 1 good season, plays from the slot. No thanks. Would rather Johnston if we go WR, 6'5" is what we need.

I haven’t watched him yet. He like a tee higgens type? If so sign me up 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would much rather give the 1st rounder this year and get that part out of the way.

I wouldn't, 13 is still a pretty high value pick... with Rodgers the Jets should do much better next year & the loss of the pick will be of lesser value. 

• Upvote 3

I am not against drafting a stud WR in the first round.

I expect, at a minimum, Davis and Berrios to be released. We will definitely need another good receiver. However, this may all be an excercise in futility since it is possible, if not likely, that we will trade away our first rounder for a QB.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If the top 3 ots are gone then i have no problem with a wr, that is probably my preference.

Cincy had tyler boyd who is pretty good they went and got Tee higgins, they had higgins and boyd who are pretty good and went and got chase.

Same.

Cinci has shown what 3 good to great WR’s can do for an offense.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

I haven’t watched him yet. He like a tee higgens type? If so sign me up 

Tee Higgins popped off the screen. I don't see any speed or burst from Smith-Njigba. He just looks really slow when he runs compared to everyone else, I'm not really sure what to make of it. Maybe I have the wrong read on him but I'm hoping for a big body WR that can go highpoint a ball.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

1) we may not be able to consummate the trade until June due to ARs contract, after the draft. 
2) we have 13 this year, I’m banking on a deep playoff season next year, giving us less of a draft pick in 24 than we have this year. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

lets see how he is without the worst QB in the NFL. 

He had 7 receiving yards when Mike White threw for 367 against Minnesota, in the last 2 games he combined for 3 receptions. None of those were Zach Wilson. He looks lazy when he plays and doesn't ever win a contested pass. Garrett Wilson also had double the receiving yards on the year, which takes the QB out of the picture in that comparison.

Maybe he can get better but for now he's got to prove himself or else he's going to get replaced or pushed down the depth chart.

• Upvote 2