Kiper mocks us a receiver

hmhertz

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Everybody gets a mulligan in the receiving dept. unless they try to fix Zachy Poo.  Then the ground and pound , color coded wrist band and wildcat will be our offense.

I want a vet like Derek Carr or Karen Rodgers to throw catchable passes.

We have drafted 4 bust QBs in a row that were considered our starter of the future and somehow each has been worse than the one before.

My only comfort is that it would be really difficult to do worse than BYU next time. Right? RIGHT?!?!

Over It I Give Up GIF

• Haha 3

I like this. We don't need to keep drafting rookie Oline in the first round. They take time to mature and we can win now. Sign a vet and we have enough lineman on our roster that adding one vet is plenty. Not sure why people think our Oline stinks when the injured players are coming back - AVT, Mitchell, Becton (he won't be hurt every year), and a bunch of other guys that played well before too many injuries at that position group took hold. I would consider drafting a center in the 2nd or 3rd round though. 

• Upvote 1

If the top 3 OTs are off the board, IMO, you go BPA or trade down. 

BPA should be the top LB in the class, one of the top Edges (I would imagine at least 3 Edges go by the time we pick at 13), the top IOL, or one of the top WRs (I would assume at least two WRs go by pick 13).

We don't need to address any other position that high, IMO. Obviously, this is assuming we go after a vet QB via trade of FA. 

If we trade down, nothing changes. Best available OT, LB, Edge, IOL, or WR. 

One thing I'll note from the little research I have done so far is that this seems to be a very weak draft class at WR. So that means once the top few are gone, its probably not worth drafting one until the later rounds. Conversely, the LB draft seems to be pretty darn deep. You could probably get a stud LB in Rd. 3. OT (and O-line in general) is also deep. But its always good to get top tier prospect if you intend to plug and play him- so this depends on what we end up doing in FA.   

18 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Say the Jets land Rodgers without parting with this years 1 - I’ve seen a day 2 pick this year and a conditional first next year tossed around… that would put the Jets in a position where they could truly make luxury picks. Another stud WR, TE Michael Mayer, etc. would all be in play and would put this offense over the top in terms of overall talent when paired with AR12 and the current offense.

I like it. Load up at the skill positions and let’s put up 28 points a game with a top 5 defense… Time to go all in

it's not gonna happen. rodgers here costs us this years first

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, redlichtie said:

It still amazes me that after 30 or so years of consistently being wrong about everything and just throwing darts against the wall this Kiper guy STILL retains the prominent ‘draft guru’ position he does …it’s truly mind-boggling, but fair play to him

He's on a 3 year streak for the Jets... for what its worth. 

Sauce

Wilson

Becton

15 hours ago, redlichtie said:

It still amazes me that after 30 or so years of consistently being wrong about everything and just throwing darts against the wall this Kiper guy STILL retains the prominent ‘draft guru’ position he does …it’s truly mind-boggling, but fair play to him

He is often wrong about a lot of the prospects he evaluates and he is often wrong about what team will draft what player.  What is he good at is knowing the vitals of the draft prospects and the situation of the teams to a fair degree.  It is good for fans who like to follow the draft because he gives a lot of raw info to take in.  That is the larger portion of it.  Not the accuracy of his predictions.  It is his presentation.