Eric Bieniemy is coming to NY .... Maybe????????????????????????????

6 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

They should have given him the job when they were considering 3 people for the head coaching job between Eric Bienemy, Mike McCarthy, and Adam Gase.....how can someone make such a wrong pick as this is beyond me.

Out those 3 McCarthy is Clearly the #1 choice. 

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

There's a reason he's never gotten a chance. Dude doesn't run that offense. 

its  mute point now for us, but I will say this if you are going to take a back seat and see what works and how to call plays, having Andy call them for you I think would be a good thing. I would take his play calls over all our OC's going back to whenever...got to think he would be able to mimic and have some sound principle based idea's of when to call XXX play from seeing Andy do it so much.

Just cause andy calls good doesnt mean he will be good and could mess up but I think it is more likely that his playcalling would be very similar based on his experience and I think he would be probably pretty good right off the bat. He may never have called the plays but Im sure he knew what andy would do in most situations of have an idea. And Andy Im sure gets told by him all the time what he is probably already thinking and then just agrees... could be wrong but that is my guess.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

its  mute point now for us, but I will say this if you are going to take a back seat and see what works and how to call plays, having Andy call them for you I think would be a good thing. I would take his play calls over all our OC's going back to whenever...got to think he would be able to mimic and have some sound principle based idea's of when to call XXX play from seeing Andy do it so much.

Just cause andy calls good doesnt mean he will be good and could mess up but I think it is more likely that his playcalling would be very similar based on his experience and I think he would be probably pretty good right off the bat. He may never have called the plays but Im sure he knew what andy would do in most situations of have an idea. And Andy Im sure gets told by him all the time what he is probably already thinking and then just agrees... could be wrong but that is my guess.

57 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not confirmed.

You can't say he's not an offensive genius, but here.. let me tell you how he thinks, what the dynamics between him and Reid are, and what the gum he chews tastes like after the spits it out..

If he wanted to be an OC here then ok (of course, a moot point now).. I'd certainly be nervous, but yea, he's at least earned a chance. If he was good at it, he'd be a HC in no time. He has to know that by now so each year he doesn't leave Reid's shadow makes the question of "Why?" greater. Kafka left and had strong interest after one year. If the Giants offense is halfway decent next year.. he'll be a HC. 

16 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You can't say he's not an offensive genius, but here.. let me tell you how he thinks, what the dynamics between him and Reid are, and what the gum he chews tastes like after the spits it out..

If he wanted to be an OC here then ok (of course, a moot point now).. I'd certainly be nervous, but yea, he's at least earned a chance. If he was good at it, he'd be a HC in no time. He has to know that by now so each year he doesn't leave Reid's shadow makes the question of "Why?" greater. Kafka left and had strong interest after one year. If the Giants offense is halfway decent next year.. he'll be a HC. 

Lol. I laughed at your gym comment. Damn I wasn't trying to be all like that. Just saying ried calling plays doesn't necessarily that he can't. If anything him having the job so long would make me believe Andy is confident he could. And has said as much in different to those that ask him.

I think he has been wanting to move on bu probably just wants an promotion not lateral move

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Lateral move? I guess it makes sense. If he can prove himself away from Reid then he may get more looks for HC roles. 

It's not lateral, otherwise there would have to be compensations and trading. He's also going to be assistant HC and get a pay raise.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:15 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

its  mute point now for us, b

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

A point we can't hear when you speak it?

He meant that it is a "moo point" now.  You know... the cows have decided, so the whole thing doesn't matter any more. 

It's moo.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Moot point because he is not going to be the jets oc. 

It was a joke. 

It’ll be very interesting to see how he does now that’s he’s DC’s play-calling O-Co. Will to some degree show if the non-hires as a HC and his naysayers were right or not. DC has some really nice pieces on O, other than QB, and a very good D (sound familiar?).

• Upvote 1