Hackett to be hired as OC

10 minutes ago, Hael said:

This is a very mediocre, below average hire.  I'm guessing this didn't necessarily come from JD, and looks more like a play by the brass to entice you know who.

Unless they know something we don't, its hard to make sense of this.  Was it that difficult to find someone who wanted to work for us?

This guy, based on his OC hx, is a sold middle of the pack coach.  Light years better than what we had in MLF.  How can you possible be down on a 50% improvement?  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

All this for Grapple bro would be disappointing af

It would be but that's the guy they want and expect, while knowing there will be competition for him. I believe they will go hard for Rodgers and Garoppolo will be their fallback plan. If they lose out on both, Tannehill/panic 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Dennis Waszak Jr.  ⁦‪@DWAZ73‬⁩

Saleh says the #Jets still want to hire a senior offensive assistant/advisor even with Hackett's hiring.

Saleh likes that structure they had when they had the late Greg Knapp on staff.

1/26/23, 12:35 PM

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Hael said:

This is a very mediocre, below average hire.  I'm guessing this didn't necessarily come from JD, and looks more like a play by the brass to entice you know who.

Unless they know something we don't, its hard to make sense of this.  Was it that difficult to find someone who wanted to work for us?

I have concerns that I suspect many do after his terrible year in Denver but he had a good run as OC prior and Saleh has experience working with him. This is honestly a lot better than the usual OC hire for this team. 

• Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Saleh was just basically just asked if it was plausible that Zach Wilson could come in and earn back the starting job in training camp against a veteran and his response was 'I don't know about that' then punted to be asked that question again in training camp

Punting is his comfort zone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

His Offensive rankings as O-Co or Head Coach:

2013 - BUF - 2nd in Rushing, 28th in Passing - Overall 19th in Yards, 22nd in Points
2014 - BUF - 25th in Rushing, 18th in Passing - Overall 26th in Yards, 18th in Points
2015 - Unemployed
2016 - JAX - 22nd in Rushing, 20th in Passing - Overall 11th in Yards, 25th in Points
2017 - JAX - 1st in Rushing, 17th in Passing - Overall 6th in Yards, 5th in Points
2018 - JAX - 19th in Rushing, 26th in passing - Overall 27th in Yards, 31st in Points
2019 - GB - 15th in Rushing, 17th in Passing - Overall 18th in Yards, 15th in Points
2020 - GB - 8th in Rushing, 9th in Passing - Overall 5th in Yards, 1st in Points
2021 - GB - 18th in Rushing, 8th in Passing - Overall 10th in Yards, 10th in Points
2022 - DEN - 21st in Rushing, 19th in Passing - Overall 21st in Yards, 32nd in Points

Overall, got to admit, not that impressed.  

One good year in JAX (2017, on the back of Leonard Fornette and Chris Ivory).

Two good years in GB (2020 & 2021, on the back of HOF'er QB Aaron Rodgers).

His overall rankings (especially scoring offense) are mostly in the bottom half on the NFL, not the top, with the exceptions of those good years.

Without Rodgers or an equivalent at QB, I don't see this as a good hire.

Also, has Hackett ever "developed" a QB?  Sure doesn't look like it.  So not great for Z. Wilson...

Kyle Orton and Blake Bortles

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr.  ⁦‪@DWAZ73‬⁩

Saleh says the #Jets still want to hire a senior offensive assistant/advisor even with Hackett's hiring.

Saleh likes that structure they had when they had the late Greg Knapp on staff.

1/26/23, 12:35 PM

Klint Kubiak is probably that guy, but Marcus Brady bears watching 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

His PR team obviously knows that his marketability will take a hit which makes their job tougher, but Zach is less focused on that. At this point he just wants to be coached and be around other QBs who breath and think quarterbacking all the time. 

He has expected Garoppolo. A lot of people inside the organization have made that clear he will be a target. We'll see what happens with Rodgers 

i think that ship has sailed. As much as i think Zach can be salvaged and the jets did him no favors...he didnt do himself any favors either...and trading him makes no financial or practical sense. i trust the jets to put him in the best position possible, considering they have 2 years of data on what doesn't work. its going to be up to Zach to pick himself up.

i am still unclear who the jets competition for rodgers is if the packers do agree to move him.

titans - moving towards a rebuild

raiders - he isnt going to that division

colts - prob drafting a QB

only thing that could screw this up is timing with Carr, and Rodgers being so damn indecisive.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Very good news.  He was a great OC, I dont really care that he was an awful head coach.

I agree that this means the Jets are going to put on the full court press for rodgers.

Pretty much how I feel. 

I also believe experience is critical. And he has that in spades. Something MLF lacked. 

Whether we get A-Rod or not, I'm satisfied with this hire and happy we made it quickly. 

Episode 5 GIF by NBC

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is the OC equivalent of firing Pete Caroll and replacing him with Rich Kotite.

Hackett is a freaking clueless milquetoast pushover who had one of the worst offenses in football despite having Russell Wilson.

Jets never stop Jetting.

Saleh is a such a joke.

MLF is Pete Caroll?

LMFAO

SEEK HELP

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Youi think the big problems with out O was.....Moore, and Mike White?

The players and coaches bitching during the season was a sign of dysfunction and it was confirmed after the season.   

Hack and new coaches and Saleh need to clean that up.  

Not being ready to play, after talking sh*t all week, needs to be cleaned up too. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Literally nothing actually points to it yet.

It's entirely 100% fan and media speculation, and a few same-as-usual cryptic attention-whoring comments from Rodgers, same as it was in previous years, will he get traded, will he retire, etc.

There is absolutely nothing firm, at all, that he is coming here.  Or to any of the OTHER 5 cities who ALSO think Rodgers-to-them is like, totally happening, lol.

Agree, all click-bait. On the other hand...from the acorn grew the mighty oak. So it goes.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i think that ship has sailed. As much as i think Zach can be salvaged and the jets did him no favors...he didnt do himself any favors either...and trading him makes no financial or practical sense. i trust the jets to put him in the best position possible, considering they have 2 years of data on what doesn't work. its going to be up to Zach to pick himself up.

i am still unclear who the jets competition for rodgers is if the packers do agree to move him.

titans - moving towards a rebuild

raiders - he isnt going to that division

colts - prob drafting a QB

only thing that could screw this up is timing with Carr, and Rodgers being so damn indecisive.

I can't see Vrabel ever accepting a full-on rebuild. A lot of people think he's going to go get Carr. Colts are a wild situation and I would agree that they go the draft route. Raiders are interesting but the thing no one talks about? Scheme. 

Rodgers is a WCO guy. I do not believe he'll want to go learn an entire new offense and terminology under McDaniels. He does not strike me as a guy who will want to do that. 

I still think there's a huge chance he returns to GB. If he does, there will be suitors for Love (Atlanta) or maybe they just remain convicted and refuse to deal him. But if its not GB, I really do think we're the only other team that will legitimately be considered. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Agree, all click-bait. On the other hand...from the acorn grew the mighty oak. So it goes.

not sure its click bait. Rodgers has an inflection point in GB with the cash they owe him and love being basically gone if they don't play him. couple that with how many teams could bring in A-Rod in the AFC....and u start to see things developing.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I can't see Vrabel ever accepting a full-on rebuild. A lot of people think he's going to go get Carr. Colts are a wild situation and I would agree that they go the draft route. Raiders are interesting but the thing no one talks about? Scheme. 

Rodgers is a WCO guy. I do not believe he'll want to go learn an entire new offense and terminology under McDaniels. He does not strike me as a guy who will want to do that. 

I still think there's a huge chance he returns to GB. If he does, there will be suitors for Love (Atlanta) or maybe they just remain convicted and refuse to deal him. But if its not GB, I really do think we're the only other team that will legitimately be considered. 

it would be something if the packers keep aaron, guarantee him 110m over the next 2 years....and pick up the 5th year option on Love. 

So-called pundits can trot out whatever stats or arguments they want.

This is an unmitigated disaster.  Saleh is either a complete idiot or essentially begging to be fired.

There's no silver lining with this.

Even with Adam Gase, I could force myself to muster some fractional optimism based on having made the playoffs with Tannehill and Matt Moore and having a career record at least reasonably close to .500.

Jet fans will be calling for Nate's head week 1.

They'd have been better off hiring his dad (if he's still alive).

Just a total freaking embarrassment.

Awkward Nate GIF by Apple TV+

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1