Hackett to be hired as OC

56 minutes ago, pointman said:

You downvoting every post I make is kind of stalkerish. Between that and your angry negative posts, you seem to be having a hard life. I hope it improves. PM me if you need help. Job, cash, etc. I'm here for you little fella. 

I read through this entire thread goofball 

I’ve handed out at least 20 reactions in this thread alone nobody cares about you ?

another delusional bozo say dumb sh*t get downvoted that’s what it’s there for kiddo

• Thumb Down 5

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm pretty sure he can't mention the veteran QB's they talked about without it being tampering. If he answered that question by saying they did talk about QBs the next logical questions are about which QBs they talked about. It's easier just to deny it so you don't get those follow up questions that you can't answer anyway. 

As an aside, everyone should take at least 1 public relations course and you'd all understand that 99% of what organizations say publicly is bull sh*t. 

He didn't even have to bring it up that point.  Nobody asked him for names.  No reason to lie. 

He's been lying to the locker room and to ZW from day 1.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He didn't even have to bring it up that point.  Nobody asked him for names.  No reason to lie. 

He's been lying to the locker room and to ZW from day 1.

They asked him if he discussed veteran QBs with Hackett and he said no knowing that its not an avenue he wants to go down bc if he slips up its a tampering charge. They would have asked him for names if he answered any other way. It's not a criticism but you obviously don't understand media relations.

i wasn't a real fan of hackjob sr but now that i think of the jets back then he at least coached to the talent on the team.  this current jets team has way more skill position talent than those teams of the early 2000's.  i think hack jr will do well.  i also think that he will be able to help zwilson.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BCJet said:

While true, I really think we need to take a step back.  

Its very possible that Hackett learned a lot working for LaFluer and really is a good play designer and play caller while at the exact time being a really bad decision maker.  When you get promoted in any job you usually get an increase in responsibilities and where Hackett made a mistake was taking on play calling duties as a HC, a mistake a lot of HCs make.  Its just too much (see mike mcdaniel in the playoffs) to handle during the game for most guys - yes Sean Payton did it well in New Orleans, but he is also the same guy who had this happen in 2009...........

Former New York Giants coach Jim Fassel stripped brash, young offensive coordinator Sean Payton of his play-calling duties after the 2002 New York Giants scored 10 or fewer points in four of their first seven games.

Guys improve, they learn, they make mistakes and hopefully get better as coaches.  I have no idea if Hackett is good or bad, none of us do, but he seems to have had a long time learning in the NFL and hopefully the humble end in Denver maybe gave him a better perspective on being an NFL coordinator. 

The Payton anecdote would seem to apply more towards Lafleur than Hackett. 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

ok

But they possibly lost 6 in a row because the OC was socially awkard and refused to talk to and educate his players which the HC allowed that to happen. 

Hiring coach's who are social awkward only works for the Patriots.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

I read through this entire thread goofball 

I’ve handed out at least 20 reactions in this thread alone nobody cares about you ?

another delusional bozo say dumb sh*t get downvoted that’s what it’s there for kiddo

Wow, whats with the name calling, little fella? You def mad lol

Love it. Wish I knew what I did to hurt your emo feelings, so I could do more of it. 

You definitely are salty. Can't stop downvoting. I'd do the same to you and all your posts, but you're irrelevant.

But seriously. DM me if you need help. Asking for it is the hardest step.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Payton anecdote would seem to apply more towards Lafleur than Hackett. 

I was just pointing out that a guy who seemingly "wasnt a good OC" became the most sought after coach in the league and someone who managed to win a SB while being a HC and calling plays.  

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

terrible hire-

jet fans love to pump up trash-he is trash

denver offense was beyond terrible with better talent than our team has

only the jets would hire a guy that was ran out of town by his last team-this is Adam Gase part two-when Saleh gets fired after next year Hackett can take over

Rodgers is not coming to the jets -if they hired this trash to run the offense to try in lure arod in joe should be fired on the spot when arod stays with the packers which he will-Joe copying the failed Denver model is typical jets

Terrible hire? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. No one here is any expert in predicting the future.

Jet fans love to pump up trash?  This seems like a pretty silly overgeneralization.

Only the Jets hire a guy that was run out of town by his last team? That is how all sports work. You are hired to be fired. ALL teams work this way.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, football guy said:

It would be but that's the guy they want and expect, while knowing there will be competition for him. I believe they will go hard for Rodgers and Garoppolo will be their fallback plan. If they lose out on both, Tannehill/panic 

Carr not a realistic possibility?

37 minutes ago, pointman said:

Wow, whats with the name calling, little fella? You def mad lol

Love it. Wish I knew what I did to hurt your emo feelings, so I could do more of it. 

You definitely are salty. Can't stop downvoting. I'd do the same to you and all your posts, but you're irrelevant.

But seriously. DM me if you need help. Asking for it is the hardest step.

Vine Wtf GIF

corny

quotes me, calls me out, repeats the same sh*t I said verbatim in his response, and continues to ramble about weirdo nonsense ?

like I said another delusional BOZO 

dont quote me again if it aint about the topic weirdo im here to to talk sports not be your therapist kid

DOWNVOTED

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm just excited we'll get to be more efficient by reusing many of our old jokes from 2001-2004. They even qualify as classics these days.

It's like the Jets own version of a reboot series! And I'm sure it'll live right up to the same standard as most reboots.

Now if Kotite has some kids in coaching we’ll really be in business!

• Haha 1

Gary Myers @GaryMyersNY

Jets were set to hire Bills coach Doug Marrone over Todd Bowles as HC in 2015 until a newspaper story unfairly trashing Marrone scared off Woody Johnson. If Marrone had been hired, he likely would have brought his OC from Syracuse and Bills w/him. His name: Nathaniel Hackett.

2:44 PM · Jan 26, 2023

Manish

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Bortles, Orton, Manuel and Rodgers?  

am i reading between the lines if i say you're fan? 

If we're being honest, minus the emotional reaction -- it could have been worse. But it also feels underwhelming given how outside of a 2 year window with ARod, his production was mostly bottom 3rd. Add in that flamed out in spectacular fashion with all-pro roster on offense... you can see where there's trepidation. 

• Sympathy 1

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

QBs that started for Nathaniel Hackett when he was OC of the Bills and Jaguars: Blake Bortles EJ Manuel Kyle Orton Thaddeus Lewis Cody Kessler Jeff Tuel. Something to keep in mind when looking at stats from those years.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

am i reading between the lines if i say you're fan? 

If we're being honest, minus the emotional reaction -- it could have been worse. But it also feels underwhelming given how outside of a 2 year window with ARod, his production was mostly bottom 3rd. Add in that flamed out in spectacular fashion with all-pro roster on offense... you can see where there's trepidation. 

What situation are you referring to , 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets were set to hire Bills coach Doug Marrone over Todd Bowles as HC in 2015 until a newspaper story unfairly trashing Marrone scared off Woody Johnson. If Marrone had been hired, he likely would have brought his OC from Syracuse and Bills w/him. His name:

*drum roll*

Nathaniel Hackett.

file this under--

funny-wtf-picture-unrelated-14.jpg

• Haha 1