Hackett to be hired as OC

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

am i reading between the lines if i say you're fan? 

If we're being honest, minus the emotional reaction -- it could have been worse. But it also feels underwhelming given how outside of a 2 year window with ARod, his production was mostly bottom 3rd. Add in that flamed out in spectacular fashion with all-pro roster on offense... you can see where there's trepidation. 

Not really a fan, just saying if you wanted someone with experience, someone who wasn’t calling plays for the first time in his life, where and to who are you turning? All the other choices would have been first time play callers which I think wasn’t what they wanted.  I can find fault with pretty much every candidate they interviewed given their lack of experience or questionable success where Hackett has at least had some.  Outside of Reich or Bevel, who we know weren’t OC candidates.  
Hackett didn’t have an all pro offense in Denver, he had a QB who either didn’t fit or didn’t want to fit.  There were more than a few reports of Wilson being nothing more than a fading deusch in Denver.  I don’t know but can’t just say he sucks because Rodgers doesn’t count.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Vine Wtf GIF

corny

quotes me, calls me out, repeats the same sh*t I said verbatim in his response, and continues to ramble about weirdo nonsense ?

like I said another delusional BOZO 

dont quote me again if it aint about the topic weirdo im here to to talk sports not be your therapist kid

DOWNVOTED

0ED4D957-E02C-4183-ACD0-8B01EA17C22D.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Wasn’t this the reason the Broncos hired Hackett?

No.   When Denver hired Hackett it was known that Rodgers was off the table.  It was actually being discussed on the radio today ( Can't remember who or what show)  but the guy said he had 3 close people involved with Denver told him that. 

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Anyone else going to be disappointed now if they DON’T get Rodgers now?  I am and it kind of sucks because I would have been relatively fine with Jimmy G 3 weeks ago but now I’ll be livid.

I was listening to Randy Mueller break down the Rodgers situation earlier and it’s his belief that Rodgers and the Packers are done-done with each other. The timing of the leaks, the timing of Love’s contract, Rodgers’ recent comments on McAfee about being in “the right situation,” etc. FWIW.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Anyone else going to be disappointed now if they DON’T get Rodgers now?  I am and it kind of sucks because I would have been relatively fine with Jimmy G 3 weeks ago but now I’ll be livid.

I mean yeah, pretty much. I didn't even think it was possible with Hackett coming before he got hired. But now all the media frenzy has got me expecting it. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not really a fan, just saying if you wanted someone with experience, someone who wasn’t calling plays for the first time in his life, where and to who are you turning? All the other choices would have been first time play callers which I think wasn’t what they wanted.  I can find fault with pretty much every candidate they interviewed given their lack of experience or questionable success where Hackett has at least had some.  Outside of Reich or Bevel, who we know weren’t OC candidates.  
Hackett didn’t have an all pro offense in Denver, he had a QB who either didn’t fit or didn’t want to fit.  There were more than a few reports of Wilson being nothing more than a fading deusch in Denver.  I don’t know but can’t just say he sucks because Rodgers doesn’t count.  

This is pretty fair.  The Jets were never getting a top guy because a top guy was getting a HC gig.  Hackett was destroyed in Denver but I felt RW was done the year before.  RW is a very old QB who depends on his ability to extend plays.  He's taken an absolute beating where it doesn't hurt but shows up in games.  He's brain.  He's getting his bell rung on a regular basis and it cought up to him.   The Denver signing of Wilson was a head scratcher for me.  I thought they didn't do their homework.   He was in hard decline  and showing it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Vine Wtf GIF

corny

quotes me, calls me out, repeats the same sh*t I said verbatim in his response, and continues to ramble about weirdo nonsense ?

like I said another delusional BOZO 

dont quote me again if it aint about the topic weirdo im here to to talk sports not be your therapist kid

DOWNVOTED

Lmfao 

This is place is so toxic and I love it.

How a discussion about our OC leads to this idk but it’s definitely funny af lmao 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This is pretty fair.  The Jets were never getting a top guy because a top guy was getting a HC gig.  Hackett was destroyed in Denver but I felt RW was done the year before.  RW is a very old QB who depends on his ability to extend plays.  He's taken an absolute beating where it doesn't hurt but shows up in games.  He's brain.  He's getting his bell rung on a regular basis and it cought up to him.   The Denver signing of Wilson was a head scratcher for me.  I thought they didn't do their homework.   He was in hard decline  and showing it. 

i dont think he declined that much

RW went from a team rushing 5 ypa to a team 4 ypa.  doesnt sound like a lot but it is.  Not to mention total yards and all that..

Rushing matters.  plus there are 10 others players on offense that need to take at least some of the blame for a bad team,

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

for sure on the "experience calling plays" would have been a requirement for me to be considered. R. Wilson was bad, but also as a HC, attitude and engagement his responsibility. That's inherently part of the job description and title of "Coach". 

Regardless, we've been so many cycles of this stuff that I'm reached journeyman status in "We're On To Cincinnati"... Few fcks left to give at this point. If Rodgers winds up in here however... then stoke the fires of Mordor. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Hackett are best friends. Rodgers calls his dad, Paul Hackett, to talk about WCO philosophies, per Rodgers. Rodgers won 2 MVPs with Hackett as his OC. I think it matters more than we think. 

you could be right, last year he did not looks so hot w'injury but maybe it would help. I just think the dollars at this point matter most to him

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because Hackett is a puswah who will let Rodgers do whatever he wants. It didn’t work with Russ because Russ is toast. 

I think he tried to get russ to play quick and fast pass verse let him hold it forever and make plays. Square peg round offense. But who the hell knows they looked like ass all year.

49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

for sure on the "experience calling plays" would have been a requirement for me to be considered. R. Wilson was bad, but also as a HC, attitude and engagement his responsibility. That's inherently part of the job description and title of "Coach". 

Regardless, we've been so many cycles of this stuff that I'm reached journeyman status in "We're On To Cincinnati"... Few fcks left to give at this point. If Rodgers winds up in here however... then stoke the fires of Mordor. 

I agree but he wasn’t hired as a HC.  That would have had me scratching my head but he’s our OC.  I’ve seen Walton, Coslet as top OCs and even Kotite to a degree fail miserably IMO as HCs.  

• Upvote 3

Via the Athletic:

I asked Nick Kosmider, The Athletic’s Broncos writer, what Hackett’s offensive approach looks like. Here’s what he said: “He is steeped in the outside-zone principles where you want to disguise the formation so that run and pass look the same. So he’ll want to use, say, big receivers in the slot, things like that. His optimal version of the offense was never really able to get off the ground here once they lost running back Javonte Williams. He should be able to get his system to work better with who the Jets have at running back.”

On the positive end, the Broncos were the 14th most-efficient red-zone offense (the Jets were 31st) and 17th in rushing yards per carry (the Jets were 24th), despite losing Williams.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Via the Athletic:

I asked Nick Kosmider, The Athletic’s Broncos writer, what Hackett’s offensive approach looks like. Here’s what he said: “He is steeped in the outside-zone principles where you want to disguise the formation so that run and pass look the same. So he’ll want to use, say, big receivers in the slot, things like that. His optimal version of the offense was never really able to get off the ground here once they lost running back Javonte Williams. He should be able to get his system to work better with who the Jets have at running back.”

On the positive end, the Broncos were the 14th most-efficient red-zone offense (the Jets were 31st) and 17th in rushing yards per carry (the Jets were 24th), despite losing Williams.

He made Latavius Murray relevant out of nowhere. I’m def not concern with the run game. It comes down to getting a QB that can execute.

• Upvote 2

i'm kind of "meh, ok" with hackett.  it's clear the preference was to bring in an experienced OC (can't blame them after going with a 1st timer last time), and reich clearly wasn't available.  almost by definition, anyone who comes in with experience as an OC is someone who has been fired from either an OC or HC position.  so they automatically get grouped into the failed retread category.

personally, i don't want rodgers.  not at his age, likely declining performance, and cost to acquire (compensation to GB and high salary).  but the fact that rodgers seemingly likes and approves of hackett should count for something.  even if rodgers doesn't come to the jets, the fact that a hall of fame QB apparently thinks so highly of hackett would seem to indicate that those in the game respect his work.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm kind of "meh, ok" with hackett.  it's clear the preference was to bring in an experienced OC (can't blame them after going with a 1st timer last time), and reich clearly wasn't available.  almost by definition, anyone who comes in with experience as an OC is someone who has been fired from either an OC or HC position.  so they automatically get grouped into the failed retread category.

personally, i don't want rodgers.  not at his age, likely declining performance, and cost to acquire (compensation to GB and high salary).  but the fact that rodgers seemingly likes and approves of hackett should count for something.  even if rodgers doesn't come to the jets, the fact that a hall of fame QB apparently thinks so highly of hackett would seem to indicate that those in the game respect his work.

Didn’t Hall of Famer Peyton Manning think so highly of Gase?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

It's a "meh" hire for right now....an upgrade over MLF so that's the good part....it's not a complete homerun swing tho...

If this Rodgers thing grows legs as a result and comes to fruition it changes my outlook drastically 

No matter who they got, it’s “meh” until we have an actual QB. Coordinator isn’t fixing the biggest problem we have.

• Upvote 3

I’m on the fence with Aaron Rodgers. Of all the QB’s that are potentially available to the Jets, he gives you the best chance of a championship albeit the smallest window. My top preference is Jackson, but he’s a pipe dream. I would settle for Carr or Jimmy G if the Rodgers dream dies  cause they would give us a good 5 years.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

lol Horseface Manning liked Adam Gase

but other than that I agreed with your post. 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was listening to Randy Mueller break down the Rodgers situation earlier and it’s his belief that Rodgers and the Packers are done-done with each other. The timing of the leaks, the timing of Love’s contract, Rodgers’ recent comments on McAfee about being in “the right situation,” etc. FWIW.

Things definitely feel that way.

• Post of the Week 1