Hackett to be hired as OC

I mean, if this was all just to get A-A-Ron here we definitely have some sort of insider information that its a strong possibility, right? I mean, Woody Johnson and the SOJ can't be dumb enough to hire someone to get Rodgers with zero knowledge of whether it would help, right? I mean, we didn't hire some yerkoff to get someone just for Rodgers to be laughing his unlikable face off while signing with the Raiders, right?

Nbc Guys GIF by Superstore

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Wildy... Wildly disappointing. 

Holy Fck, do the Jets know how to stay on brand. This makes me want to give up. 

My apathy has been growing all offseason - it's a shame that it's paired with two of the more exciting young players the team's had in a while. But I'm not really sure what the path forward is. Hope a big swing at QB works for a couple years and then back to the rebuild from the ground up once they've blown past Sauce and Wilson's rookie deals I guess.

• Upvote 4

Don't love it. Don't totally hate it either. He's a veteran play caller. I'm interested to see how his offensive staff fills out. Maybe this will help the Jets chances of getting Aaron Rodgers. I doubt it, but if it leads to Rodgers it's a home run. 

His season by season offensive rankings aren't great but most of those years he had garbage QB play. If the Jets add a veteran QB who can play, that's important. Last year is really concerning though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hackett was bottom of the barrel as an OC in yards per play and TDs before getting Aaron Rodgers. If this was a hire just to bring in a 40 year old, declining QB that’s laughable at best. 

If A-A-Ron shows up here, its worth it. Try for a year or two to win the big one, then as soon as Rodgers says the words "I retire" have the entire staff notified of their termination and give them a 15 minute cushion to get tf off the premises before the police are called. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

The goal is to have a more tough, "nasty" OL this year so shouldn't be much of a surprise

I'm concerned reading this. This offensive line is already made of glass. These zone-blocking schemes require these guys to be on the field together to gel.

Frankly, I'd like to see guys like AVT just sent out there to block 1-1 and punch the d-line in the mouth (not literally). Especially if they have plans to salvage Becton.