Hackett to be hired as OC

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Wow.  I'm guessing that Carter knew that Hackett was coming in as OC and I have a feeling that all involved know who the QB signing will be.  Considering the Hackett news, I'm beginning to think Rodgers. 

Trying not to get overly optimistic about the possibility, but it really is starting to feel that AR12 to the Jets is a matter of time

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

RPO doesn't necessarily mean the QB has to be a runner. It's more of a tool to allow the QB to have an easy pitch-and-catch. 

The OL run blocks. The RB expects the ball. A WR/TE essentially runs the route. If the QB sees the coverage hesitate, they keep the ball and throw. 

A standard play-action pass aims to fool the DEs to buy the QB more time/space to let a play develop downfield. An RPO aims to compromise the second/third level of the defense in order to hit a pre-determined read... if they play coverage the QB hands off; if they play run the QB throws it. 

The way I understand it, the QB reads safety/linebacker reaction to the RB and makes a decision, as opposed to Read Option, where the QB reads the defensive ends. Both utilize run blocking (which again, is harder on the o-linemen). In standard play-action, your linemen pass block and the QB makes a read pre and post snap, then fakes a handoff if he decides to pass.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Trying not to get overly optimistic about the possibility, but it really is starting to feel that AR12 to the Jets is a matter of time

It sure looks that way.  If so, is Rodgers in the NY media market a concern ??? Or is that nothing to worry about considering his extensive experience being out front ??? He's gotten a lot of media attention the past few years.  Perhaps what the NY media market throws at him will just roll off his back. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

It sure looks that way.  If so, is Rodgers in the NY media market a concern ??? Or is that nothing to worry about considering his extensive experience being out front ??? He's gotten a lot of media attention the past few years.  Perhaps what the NY media market throws at him will just roll off his back. 

I'm not worried about Rodgers and the media.  He doesn't care.  Not in his nature. If anything, he would feed off of it. 

I'm more concerned about his age and whether a decline is imminent.  Still infinitely better than what we've had in recent...... DECADES. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Let's see if Hack and new staff can bring some professionalism to the offense. 

No more pouty players rolling their eyes and throwing teammates and coaches under the bus.  No more backup QB T-shirts. 

Youi think the big problems with out O was.....Moore, and Mike White?

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

RPO doesn't necessarily mean the QB has to be a runner. It's more of a tool to allow the QB to have an easy pitch-and-catch. 

The OL run blocks. The RB expects the ball. A WR/TE essentially runs the route. If the QB sees the coverage hesitate, they keep the ball and throw. 

A standard play-action pass aims to fool the DEs to buy the QB more time/space to let a play develop downfield. An RPO aims to compromise the second/third level of the defense in order to hit a pre-determined read... if they play coverage the QB hands off; if they play run the QB throws it. 

AR runs RPO at GB quite a bit

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not that anyone cares, but Zach's camp is very happy with the hire

Having an experienced OC with a high end veteran  QB can only help Wilson's development.  He should not be in the plans to start but his career is not done as we've seen with geno when given the right coaching. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not that anyone cares, but Zach's camp is very happy with the hire

Is there any reason the jets made this move so early?  I was just telling my friend this morning too many dominos waiting to fall for the jets to make the first OC hire.  Its not like there seemed to be a huge market for Hackett?

Didnt they at least want to wait on some of the other names to see where they land or dont land?