Nathaniel Hackett - Approve or Disapprove

Nathaniel Hackett - Approve or Disapprove?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve or disapprove of the hiring of Nathaniel Hackett as Jets offensive coordinator?

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

along those lines, if Rodgers is the 1 player that can get the Jets to the SB why would GB even trade him? 

the most ridiculous part of this is the part where Rodgers supposedly mentors Wilson. No starter ever mentors their backup and Zach is going to make Aaron's life hell, remember? 

Why would they trade him? Idk why would the Pats let Brady walk if he can get a SB somewhere else? Things come to an end. He's been there for 50 years. Their team could use some rebuilding too. 

Also wtf you talking about lol. Zach is a back up next year, why we even mentioning him?

Just now, bitonti said:

honest question when's the last time it happened? 

Rodgers certainly isn't mentoring Jordan Love much 

How do you know this? 
What is it when Zach has said he calls Rodgers for help and Rodgers claims he likes and helps Zach while not even on the same team? 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Losing 1,100 yards and 15 TDs.  Fading down the stretch to finish 7-10 and miss the playoffs, yeah

Geno was better 

Ok so removing russel Wilson from the conversation for a second. 

Hacketts offense without Aaron rodgers have ranked 25th, 26th, 27th, 15th 30th. And 28th. 

Is this impressive to you? Are you happy with the hire?  

Just now, peekskill68 said:

You get the right QB in here and want to go for broke (i.e. go into future cap hell) you have a defense good enough to get to a Super Bowl now and are maybe 2-3 pieces away on offense (OL and WR) assuming everyone comes back healthy.

Jimmy G was on the 49ers before and after the nick mullens year, btw 

I know everyone brings up Joe Burrow, unfortunately 40 year old Aaron Rodgers is not Joe Burrow

I understand this best case scenario we're all hoping for but they can't get those OL and WR pieces if they trade the farm for the QB. They can't pay for all the players they need when Rodgers is taking up 60-80 mil of the cap in 2025/26

the whole thing is half assed it's like running up credit card bills without any way to pay for them  

When this whole JD thing started we were told there's a right way and a wrong way - in fact we were told there was a steady rebuild needed that's why the Jets had to hit rock bottom and trade away all their assets

now we're in year 5 of JD and it's mortgage everything for 1 year - must be a coincidence that JD's job depends on them being good now rather than later

We're admitting that whole "build it the right way" was bull crap, is that right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Ok so removing russel Wilson from the conversation for a second. 

Hacketts offense without Aaron rodgers have ranked 25th, 26th, 27th, 15th 30th. And 28th. 

Is this impressive to you? Are you happy with the hire?  

Outside of Aaron Rodgers what QB's did he have to work with . 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you know this? 
What is it when Zach has said he calls Rodgers for help and Rodgers claims he likes and helps Zach while not even on the same team? 

it's because they aren't on the same team that they are friends

put them in the same locker room  they are going to have a dick measuring contest 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s what fans who get to tell everyone who they wanted after the fact say.  
The last year has seen 180* spins on Saleh, Ulbrich & MLF

4 pages here, 14 on the Hackett hired thread and of all those complaining, there isn’t one post telling us who the better hire would have been.  
28 pages.

The majority here wants Hackett.  That's a good sign.

Many times we're right and the FO is wrong (at the time of the decision) like Becton/Wirfs, Prez, Maye, Gase, ZW, Sanchez extension, Tiny LB,  Hackenburg, 

That happens way more than the FO being right and us wrong.  I can't even think of one of those. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He had his two best seasons, won back to back MVP awards with Hackett

I disagree.  His best season was 2010 when he had one of the best 4 game playoff runs ever.   Last year even though he won the MVP the Packers were eliminated at home in the first round and Rodgers played a very pedestrian game.   

He won the MVP two previous seasons.  There is nothing to indicate that Hackett has anything to do with Rodgers being a great HOF QB.  It's delusional to think he did.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why would they trade him? Idk why would the Pats let Brady walk if he can get a SB somewhere else? Things come to an end. He's been there for 50 years. Their team could use some rebuilding too. 

Letting Brady walk is a different scenario than trading Rodgers who is under contract until 2026 

The Pats underpaid Brady for like a decade, to be honest. They never paid Brady what he was worth and they couldn't come to an agreement.

Meanwhile GB has made Rodgers the franchise player, paid him as such and I think we all agree that dude gives them a better chance to win than Jordan Love 

Shoot, the Jets need rebuilding now. The team has 24 free agents out of 53. And that's not including Cutting Carl Lawson, Davis etc. Where are those players coming from? When Rodgers has the cap maxed out and they traded all their draft picks to get him? 

The whole thing is ridiculous

Nathaniel Hackett sucks by the way, a fact everyone seems to be forgetting 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Outside of Aaron Rodgers what QB's did he have to work with . 

Ej Manuel, Blake bortles, and Russel Wilson to answer your question.

And you’re going to say that all those qbs suck. and your right.(outside of Wilson)

But what do you think he’s going to have to work with here?

More sh*tty qbs. Lol

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I disagree.  His best season was 2010 when he had one of the best 4 game playoff runs ever.   Last year even though he won the MVP the Packers were eliminated at home in the first round and Rodgers played a very pedestrian game.   

He won the MVP two previous seasons.  There is nothing to indicate that Hackett has anything to do with Rodgers being a great HOF QB.  It's delusional to think he did.   

And it's nothing but hope to believe that AR is going to walk through these doors and perform like he did during those MVP seasons. This was a guy whose team was beat by both the Jets and Giants this season. 

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Other than the 2 MVPs and Rodgers opinion?

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Letting Brady walk is a different scenario than trading Rodgers who is under contract until 2026 

The Pats underpaid Brady for like a decade, to be honest. They never paid Brady what he was worth and they couldn't come to an agreement.

Meanwhile GB has made Rodgers the franchise player, paid him as such and I think we all agree that dude gives them a better chance to win than Jordan Love 

Shoot, the Jets need rebuilding now. The team has 24 free agents out of 53. And that's not including Cutting Carl Lawson, Davis etc. Where are those players coming from? When Rodgers has the cap maxed out and they traded all their draft picks to get him? 

I think you're absolutely correct on all of this... which is why we need to just say "f*** it" and trade for Rodgers anyway. 

Throw caution right in the winds face and lets have some fun!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And you’re going to say that all those qbs suck. and your right.(outside of Wilson)

More sh*tty qbs. Lol

We'll see , I'm banking on Carr , I know a lot here are now fantasizing about Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

More sh*tty qbs. Lol

Who are those shltty QBs?

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ahh another day another Jets suck and will never be good post from you. Refreshing 

2013 Bills -- 19th YPG, 22nd PPG

2014 Bills -- 26th, YPG, 18th PPG 

2016 Jags -- 23rd YPG, 25th PPG 

2017 Jags -- 6th YPG, 5th PPG

2018 Jags -- 27th YPG, 31st PPG

2019 Packers -- 18th YPG,  15th PPG

2020 Packers -- 5th YPG, 1st PPG

2021 Packers -- 10th YPG, 10th PPG

2022 Broncos -- 32nd YPG, 32nd PPG

Weird resume. Below average/bad for most of his career as OC or primary play caller with the exception being two MVP seasons from Aaron Rodgers and an extreme outlier year from the 2017 Jaguars.

Very much feels like this is related to Aaron Rodgers speculation. Hopefully it's more "done deal" than "hope" because moving all your eggs into that basket feels pretty dumb to me if you don't have a strong reason to think it's happening.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I know everyone brings up Joe Burrow, unfortunately 40 year old Aaron Rodgers is not Joe Burrow

I understand this best case scenario we're all hoping for but they can't get those OL and WR pieces if they trade the farm for the QB. They can't pay for all the players they need when Rodgers is taking up 60-80 mil of the cap in 2025/26

the whole thing is half assed it's like running up credit card bills without any way to pay for them  

When this whole JD thing started we were told there's a right way and a wrong way - in fact we were told there was a steady rebuild needed that's why the Jets had to hit rock bottom and trade away all their assets

now we're in year 5 of JD and it's mortgage everything for 1 year - must be a coincidence that JD's job depends on them being good now rather than later

We're admitting that whole "build it the right way" was bull crap, is that right? 

No were admitting that JD blew any chance of rebuilding the team when he drafted a bust QB at 2 and hired a Norman Vincent Peale disciple as the HC.  We have a very good D.  If Hall is healthy a top running back.  We have a No. 1 WR.   If Becton doesn't come in suffering from either anorexia or weighting 410 and AVT comes back we might have a servicable OL.

If everything goes absolutely perfect we could win the SB with Rodgers.  It's likely a 2 year window.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You should try to do an exercise where you have to post one positive thing about the Jets every day. Then you can post your 1000 other doom and gloom posts

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And it's nothing but hope to believe that AR is going to walk through these doors and perform like he did during those MVP seasons. This was a guy whose team was beat by both the Jets and Giants this season. 

He fractured his thumb in the Giant game.  They won 3 in a row before that game.   I don't believe the Jets win squat with AR.  I also believe the rebuild is a fail because of Zach and Becton.  I do think if everything goes right AR gives the Jets a shot for 1 or 2 years.  

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

you and I have different assessments of what Rodgers brings.  We also have no idea what, if anything, Rodgers and/or the Packers are willing to do to get a suitor to deal.  I personally believe its a lot closer to the Darnold deal than it is the Russell Wilson deal simply based on his contract.  I don't buy the Carr hype, Jimmy G gets hurt too much, and the team's mouthpieces are all saying they're not giving up on Wilson.  40 year old Rodgers vs. 45 year old Brady vs. guys like Mayfield and Minshew seems like a decent risk/reward to me...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than the 2 MVPs and Rodgers opinion?

As I said bad playoffs in comparison and he won 2 MVP awards before.   He's Aaron Rodgers.  Hackett had about as much impact on Rodgers as Gase did on Payton Manning's career.  Zip.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Guys if they’re getting and paying a veteran quarterback—as they’ve repeatedly said they were going to—Zach’s Jets career is over because he’s got two years left on his deal and they’re not picking up the fifth year option. 

I mean honestly who cares about Zach at this point? We’re getting Rodgers 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If everything goes absolutely perfect we could win the SB with Rodgers.  It's likely a 2 year window.  

Isn't that the case every year with a Super Bowl winner?  You need a lot of luck (no injuries, a good bounce or two, a blown call) to get there, don't you?  Agree it is likely a 2 year window before everyone (AVT, GW, Sauce, JJ, etc.) needs to get paid...

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Guys if they’re getting and paying a veteran quarterback—as they’ve repeatedly said they were going to—Zach’s Jets career is over because he’s got two years left on his deal and they’re not picking up the fifth year option. 

Exactly.   Zach is persona non grata.   None of these moves have anything to do with wanting to or trying to resurrect Zach in any way.   It’s about trying to extinguish the stench of that colossal bust.   If somehow Rodgers comes here, it is in no way shape or form to help mentor Zach.   

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ahh another day another Jets suck and will never be good post from you. Refreshing 

The Jets are what they are. My Fandom or yours has no effect on the result 

Go ahead and dream your dreams. You know what you're right im being grumpy 

When this thread is bumped 3 years from now we will see who was more accurate 

Mark my words Mike lefleur is a better football coach than Nathaniel Hackett. 

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

you and I have different assessments of what Rodgers brings.  We also have no idea what, if anything, Rodgers and/or the Packers are willing to do to get a suitor to deal.  

Honest question what's in it for Aaron Rodgers?

Hes not getting a bigger contract. He's not getting a better offensive line 

What exactly is the appeal, if you're Aaron Rodgers 

• Upvote 2