Any other sailors here?

Just put 50% on a new Weta trimaran. Pretty psyched. Been sailing a corsair 27, but wanted something smaller and easier to play with every day instead of occasionally. Sailing is pretty awesome as opposed to merely driving on the water which is extremely expensive fuel wise. Easy to handle and can sail at 20 knots in heavy winds without a thought.

Weta 4.4 Trimaran Complete - East Coast Sailboats Inc.2019 Weta Trimaran - Fun. Fast. Easy. Sailing for you and your family! -  YouTube

Old Boat:

Corsair F 27 in Zuid-Holland | Trimarans used 70706 - iNautia

• Upvote 2

That is a beautiful rig.  Looks like a lot of fun.  I had a Hobbie 16 when I was 18.  Loved it. The only thing I didn't like about it was I was to lite to right it on my own when I fliped it.  Loved taking it out in high winds with a friend.  It was a blast.   Your boat looks like it's a lot more stable without lossing a lot of speed.  

Recently moved back to CT from AZ just to get back into sailing.  Golf wasn't doing it for me.  I bought a boat 2 years ago.  Last summer was my first year.  Perfect small cruiser for going out to Block Island with the wife.   It's been 40 plus years since I sailed around the west end of the LI Sound.   Sailing on the east end now and down the RI coast which is beautiful.   Learned a lot last summer.  Looking forward to taking some trips up the New England coast this summer.  

Marine gas is amazingly expensive.  My little 29HP diesel gets about 5 days to a gallon.   

Where are you sailing from?  Your old boat looks like it's in a great spot.  Pretty awesome boat.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2023 at 7:39 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

Sail in the Sandy Hook/ Raritan Bay are in NJ. Same boats, but those are just pics I grabbed from online.

This is great. Must be so much fun. I would pee my pants if I was on that thing in the Ocean. The Bay would be more my speed. If you fall off you wash up in South Amboy or one of the NYC Boroughs haha.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:28 AM, Maxman said:

This is great. Must be so much fun. I would pee my pants if I was on that thing in the Ocean. The Bay would be more my speed. If you fall off you wash up in South Amboy or one of the NYC Boroughs haha.

It's a blast.  I

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 5:32 PM, Biggs said:

That is a beautiful rig.  Looks like a lot of fun.  I had a Hobbie 16 when I was 18.  Loved it. The only thing I didn't like about it was I was to lite to right it on my own when I fliped it.  Loved taking it out in high winds with a friend.  It was a blast.   Your boat looks like it's a lot more stable without lossing a lot of speed.  

Recently moved back to CT from AZ just to get back into sailing.  Golf wasn't doing it for me.  I bought a boat 2 years ago.  Last summer was my first year.  Perfect small cruiser for going out to Block Island with the wife.   It's been 40 plus years since I sailed around the west end of the LI Sound.   Sailing on the east end now and down the RI coast which is beautiful.   Learned a lot last summer.  Looking forward to taking some trips up the New England coast this summer.  

Marine gas is amazingly expensive.  My little 29HP diesel gets about 5 days to a gallon.   

Where are you sailing from?  Your old boat looks like it's in a great spot.  Pretty awesome boat.  

29 hp? dang what kinda boat? must be 35 ft