Would You Be Willing to Write-Off ‘25-‘27 Season for a ‘23-‘24 SB Ring with Aaron?

32EBoozer

Do You Do The Deal With the devil?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 54 Years Long Enough & Want to See Before I Die!

• Yes. Whatever the Cost
    • No. I Want Sustainable Success. Even if We Need to Wait

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Said another way:

• Yes, I would marry Kate Upton.
  • No, I wouldn't marry Kate Upton because I hope to have relationships with several super models.

More like:

Option 1 : 1 night of hot sex with Kate Upton followed by three years of f***ing a cheese grater

Option 2 : ongoing sex with a "7" or an "8" at best - but no 10s (and no cheese graters either :D )

24 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Before I looked at the results of the poll I figured is would be close but in favor.  I'm shocked to see is 80% for 20% against.  Don't you all know that children who opt for instant gratification are less successful in later life?

80%. I'm speechless ( clearly a no here).  

How is it instant gratification? 53 years since weve both won and was in a super bowl. Since 1969 we’ve seen a total of 16 seasons of above .500 football and 13 playoff appearances. 

Instant gratification and this franchise don’t go hand in hand. There have been generations now that have seen the Jets be nothing but a laughing stock.

Time to win now. 

These mofo's right here, need their heads checked or are just straight up gluttons of punishment:

No. I Want Sustainable Success. Even if We Need to Wait

• bitonti

bitonti

11 hours ago
  • Lurker89

Lurker89

11 hours ago
  • johnnysd

johnnysd

11 hours ago
  • Anthony Jet

Anthony Jet

10 hours ago
  • chirorob

chirorob

10 hours ago
  • Averagejetsfan1421

10 hours ago
  • HessStation

HessStation

10 hours ago
  • Alworth

Alworth

10 hours ago
  • Hex

Hex

10 hours ago
  • Kevin L

Kevin L

9 hours ago
  • Suck4Sammy

9 hours ago
  • 56mehl56

7 hours ago
  • LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan

7 hours ago
  • Irish Jet

Irish Jet

2 hours ago
  • Gangrene

Gangrene

1 hour ago
  • CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

1 hour ago
  • SpartanJet

SpartanJet

56 minutes ago
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I want to witness a single team of mine win a championship before I die.  If you could guarantee me a Jets ring within the next two years, but it would have to be followed by a Browns-level decade, I would agree to that in a New York minute.

A Browns-level decade?!  We're having something worse than that.  I envy them for having that winless season.  I wish we had one 2 years ago.  And who did they break that streak against?  Of course it was against us.  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

With all due respect, I'm 50 years old and have never seen the Jets play in the SuperBowl.

My father is 76, and I still hold out hope we can see the Jets win the big one together.

We are running out of seasons to have that happen.

I'll take a Lombardy Trophy right now please. 

The Lombardy is handed out for championship lawn bowling. You want the Lombardi ?

58 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

Yup. Same with the Broncos who took a chance on an old QB who just underwent neck surgery that kept him out the year prior. 

Broncos went 8-8, 4-12, 8-8. 

They sign Manning and become consistent Super Bowl contenders, winning 1, the next 4 years. 

There are a lot more examples of the Philly "Dream Team" than the Manning Broncos and the Brady Buccaneers.  If you could as OP said guarantee a ring it would be one thing, it's really "would you trade a 1/20 chance to win the Superbowl for a 1/15 chance at the cost of being terrible for several years".

Een with Rogers we're not even on paper the best team in the our own division let alone the AFC let alone the NFL.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiFields said:

These mofo's right here, need their heads checked or are just straight up glutens of punishment:

No. I Want Sustainable Success. Even if We Need to Wait

• bitonti

bitonti

11 hours ago
  • Lurker89

Lurker89

11 hours ago
  • johnnysd

johnnysd

11 hours ago
  • Anthony Jet

Anthony Jet

10 hours ago
  • chirorob

chirorob

10 hours ago
  • Averagejetsfan1421

10 hours ago
  • HessStation

HessStation

10 hours ago
  • Alworth

Alworth

10 hours ago
  • Hex

Hex

10 hours ago
  • Kevin L

Kevin L

9 hours ago
  • Suck4Sammy

9 hours ago
  • 56mehl56

7 hours ago
  • LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan

7 hours ago
  • Irish Jet

Irish Jet

2 hours ago
  • Gangrene

Gangrene

1 hour ago
  • CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

1 hour ago
  • SpartanJet

SpartanJet

56 minutes ago

I prefer non gluten punishment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alworth said:

I'm 73 years old and have been following the NFL since seeing the '55 Championship game (Browns/Rams) on TV, Yet  I DON"T want to go the superstar traveling mercenary route to the extreme represented by an A-Rod signing. And for me, in the current NFL, QB play is boring--sticky gloves for the receivers, permissible intentional grounding outside of the pocket, etc. For me, the passing game is for the most part  not much more interesting than watching kicked extra points. I like to appreciate what the other 21 guys on the field are all about. (I don't care that it's a QB driven-league),

I like this guy

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

How is it instant gratification? 53 years since weve both won and was in a super bowl. Since 1969 we’ve seen a total of 16 seasons of above .500 football and 13 playoff appearances. 

Instant gratification and this franchise don’t go hand in hand. There have been generations now that have seen the Jets be nothing but a laughing stock.

Time to win now. 

Agree to disagree.  I like JD and he's got  plan that seems to be working.  I think he turns us into a perennial winner if we let it play out.  That does not include mortgaging the future. 

Carr or even a few of the mid level QB's would make us a playoff team w/o crippling us half as badly (if at all).  I say keep our assets and keep building.

It's Turtle vs Hare.  I'm hoping Woody allows JD to continue Turtling.          

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Before I looked at the results of the poll I figured is would be close but in favor.  I'm shocked to see is 80% for 20% against.  Don't you all know that children who opt for instant gratification are less successful in later life?

80%. I'm speechless ( clearly a no here).  

I think many think he is THE perfect bridge QB.

48 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Agree to disagree.  I like JD and he's got  plan that seems to be working.  I think he turns us into a perennial winner if we let it play out.  That does not include mortgaging the future. 

Carr or even a few of the mid level QB's would make us a playoff team w/o crippling us half as badly (if at all).  I say keep our assets and keep building.

It's Turtle vs Hare.  I'm hoping Woody allows JD to continue Turtling.          

That’s fair, and IF we hit on Wilson, I agree, continue by all means. Problem is, we didn’t. Without a QB the wheels will be turning in mud while this incredibly talented young core grows older, gets closer to getting paid and with the risk of growing impatient by the ineptitude of the dude getting them the football. 

JD has done a tremendous job building a team surrounding the qb (offensive line still needs work and a little luck health wise).. now we need a qb to reach these guys immense upside. We can’t waste this.

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are not winning a Super Bowl w/ Aaron Rodgers.  This is crazy thinking.

He was getting the 1 seed in GB and getting knocked out in home playoff games.

Yes, the Jets could win 10 games and make the playoffs with Rodgers but if u r thinking Super Bowl you are delusional.

Why though? Dude has already won a super bowl. With the Jets high upside skills players and killer defense, why couldn’t one of the greatest QB’s to ever live come here with this team and win a title? It makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

More like:

Option 1 : 1 night of hot sex with Kate Upton followed by three years of f***ing a cheese grater

Option 2 : ongoing sex with a "7" or an "8" at best - but no 10s (and no cheese graters either :D )

So option 1 is make America grate again ?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Serious question:  can both sides agree to rip up the contract and agree on a deal that eliminates the $60M dead Cap hit while giving Rodgers more up front?

He already received a lot of that money already so there will be a massive cap hit at some point. They could structure it a little differently I suppose but I actually don't mind this contract for him all things considered.

I think they both go hand in hand (unless you’re the rams). A win in the next two seasons would wash a lot of stink off this team. The will help to attract players in the future so the success has a chance of being sustained.  The whole sustainability has always been about getting the right coach and gm in here. They’re close.

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Refreshing perspective... Thanks for this ... But c'mon ... You want a SB right ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for seeing what's good in my answer and the flaw. Yes, it would be fun, but not as much fun as a home-grown SB appearance or win. And we can't kid ourselves, fans of other teams would remind us (though that's a lesser consideration.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:24 AM, y2k8 said:

Tampa Bay went 5-11, 5-11 and 7-9.

And then they signed 43 year old Tom Brady.

Guess what happened next?

1) 43 year old Tom Brady was better than Aaron Rodgers was last year.

2) The Bucs were pretty damn loaded with talent. For starters, they had the best WR tandem in the NFL and one of the best TEs in the league who was also Bradys favorite go to for YEARS. Thats without even touching the talent on all levels of that defense and the fact that they had a top tier coaching staff. 

If you think the Bucs roster remotely compares to the Jets roster, well... We'll just disagree on that. 

OH and let's not forget that Brady was a FREE AGENT. If we were just throwing money at Rodgers, I wouldn't be as opposed to it. But when you're talking about trading top draft capital for an aging, declining QB who's been talking retirement every off offseason, on a team thats still in the process of a rebuild. IMO that's a mistake. You're going to trade all that capital, lose out on other talent in the process because of his contract and, at best, MAYBE make a wildcard. At worst (and more likely imo) you have a Denver level sh*tsh*t of a disaster and he goes and retires after a year. Trading for Rodgers would be the biggest Woody Johnson move ever and completely burn down the slow progress this team has made the last 3 offseasons. 

You say look at the Bucs. I say look at Denver. I think that's a much more accurate comparison. Besides the fact that we just hired the coach that they fired in his 1st year when that move ended up being a complete disaster for them. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This poll should be redone with the more correct 'probablistic' statement. 

Which would you prefer, a 25% higher chance of sustained success over the next 7 years, or a 1% chance at winning the superbowl in 23-24 combined with a 50% chance of being much worse in 25-27.

Feel free to adjust the values to your priors.  For me, I would 100% wager the future if I was guaranteed a superbowl..  I just dont think our team as constructed, has a high chance of getting through KC/Cinci/Buff/SD and all the other amazing qbs in the AFC, even with Rogers.

So I think the patient approach is almost assuredly the ultimately higher chance of getting a superbowl.  But at this point, I don't know.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I understand your point and agree, another reason why the Rex years were so heart-breaking.  Winning through defense and ground-n-pound is all I want.

That being said, it is becoming unrealistic.  A QB like Rodgers comes here, and every single player on the team gets better.  Especially considering this franchise's destitute history at QB.  Success washes everything away.

Fair comment. I guess I was trying to draw bright lines in my post. A QB driven SB with a non-home grown QB would be great, but not as great, But thanks for understanding where I was coming from.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, y2k8 said:

With all due respect, I'm 50 years old and have never seen the Jets play in the SuperBowl.

My father is 76, and I still hold out hope we can see the Jets win the big one together.

We are running out of seasons to have that happen.

I'll take a Lombardy Trophy right now please. 

Understood about your dad. When my father died in '99 it killed me that HE wouldn't enjoy more of what seemed to be a franchise turning around.

• Upvote 1