Would You Be Willing to Write-Off ‘25-‘27 Season for a ‘23-‘24 SB Ring with Aaron?

32EBoozer

Do You Do The Deal With the devil?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 54 Years Long Enough & Want to See Before I Die!

• Yes. Whatever the Cost
    • No. I Want Sustainable Success. Even if We Need to Wait

13 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Before I looked at the results of the poll I figured is would be close but in favor.  I'm shocked to see is 80% for 20% against.  Don't you all know that children who opt for instant gratification are less successful in later life?

80%. I'm speechless ( clearly a no here).  

“Instant gratification?”  Dude.  It’s been 53 years.  

Jets fans’ patience is being measured in geological terms at this point.  Give us a f**king ring.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

“Instant gratification?”  Dude.  It’s been 53 years.  

Jets fans’ patience is being measured in geological terms at this point.  Give us a f**king ring.

Why win a ring in two years then suck for 10 when we could just opt for stability and…..(wait for it)….potentially win a ring!

• Haha 2

On 1/26/2023 at 9:50 PM, More Cowbell said:

I mean did you just want everyone to say we want a SB after not being in one since 69?

No….. just trying to get a better understanding of why getting Rodgers is being being shot down so much. What would people be willing to sacrifice for that elusive Ring!

Lord Of The Rings Ring GIF

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:56 AM, jamesr said:

More like:

Option 1 : 1 night of hot sex with Kate Upton followed by three years of f***ing a cheese grater

Option 2 : ongoing sex with a "7" or an "8" at best - but no 10s (and no cheese graters either :D )

It's all pink in the middle, as long as it's not a cheese grater.   I go with option 2

21 hours ago, Alworth said:

Thanks for seeing what's good in my answer and the flaw. Yes, it would be fun, but not as much fun as a home-grown SB appearance or win. And we can't kid ourselves, fans of other teams would remind us (though that's a lesser consideration.

I think us older guys are at a disadvantage these days.  We were unfortunate enough to have seen rosters built internally and were able to become attached to the kids as they grew up in the league (or other leagues).  That concept is long gone.  It's a sad but necessary reality. You root for the laundry now.  The early days of baseball, NFL and even NBA (pre 1976,1988) if you can believe that. Players just didn't move around as much due to different free agency rules. 

I think that is why I support drafted players like Zach so much. Especially kids with huge potential. I WANT to see them progress and am willing to give them way more time than the majority. Yes I acknowledge Zach may end up out of the league in a couple years.  But I think playing him out of the gate given the flaws and holes in his game was a ridiculous move. It doesn't really matter at this point. 

We live in a win now world for better or for worse. GW, BH, and SG in one year ... probably the best draft ever by a Jets GM.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

During the Paleozoic Age, warm shallow seas and tropical climates were common (2009-2010) Life forms that could not adapt to these conditions disappeared.

• Haha 2

I would support either move Carr or Rodgers.   Both would be a massive upgrade over what we have now.  I wonder if there is some deal that could be made that includes some sort of relief to the cap hit.  This is just a stupid example ..but  ... Elijah Moore, Bam and 3/4 Aarons Cap hit for Aaron minus 1/4 his hit. Do those deals ever happen ? What happened in Denver a few years back ?

Edited by Dunnie

On 1/27/2023 at 12:09 PM, Beerfish said:

Guarantee a super bowl?  What kind of a poll is this?  EVERYONE would say yes give me a super bowl and the next few years can be garbage, especially the jets who are garbage when trying to win a super bowl.

Except Rodgers on this team doesn't remotely guarantee a superbowl. It would be a stretch to say Rodgers would guarantee a wildcard. 

7 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Except Rodgers on this team doesn't remotely guarantee a superbowl. It would be a stretch to say Rodgers would guarantee a wildcard. 

It also greatly improves our chance to play in a WC or SB game….. unlike where we would be at trotting out ZW. Carr or Jimmy G would improve our chances also, but not to the extent that AR does in Hacketts’s offense and considering the relationship between the two. 
We also need to remember that Carr might be interested in another team as well as Jimmy G. Going all in on AR might be the only chance we have out of the top 3 FA Qb’s.

I’m sure JD has been working the phones on Carr & Jimmy. Maybe AR is the only viable (albeit expensive) option available to us.

@Maxman mentioned season ticket prices went up despite another failed season and how frustrated he was by that; so much so he dropped two season tickets. This guy bleeds green & white… imagine how many others are canceling their season tickets & the BOOM! in season tickets with the AR trade! Add to this the fact that JD & Saleh are getting to the end of their contracts. We are totally in “Win-Now” mode. Minishew, Brisset or Darnold do not move the needle.

Do It Nike GIF by James Bond 007 JD